Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2016 9:50:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So no concealed carry I'm guessing?

How about off duty LEO carry?  Have they gone full NFL?
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Only been there once.  I don't plan on going back.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw it on FB just a little while ago. Looks like they're putting in metal detectors as well. In the past, I've gone by the "concealed means concealed" mantra but I guess that's going by the wayside. Oh well, don't go to Verizon much any more.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
How should we interpret this as pro 2A supporters?   We carry for protection not to simply carry.   If they're putting up metal detectors then the defacto is NO ONE will be allowed to carry arms(weapons), including knives, inside.   So in that sense there is no need to carry for protection.   Now I suppose there is the possibility of gang activity where a large group of thugs attack someone.   Then it would be nice to have a weapon for defense.

Unfortunately the anti-gun types only see anyone with a gun as the issue.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How should we interpret this as pro 2A supporters?   We carry for protection not to simply carry.   If they're putting up metal detectors then the defacto is NO ONE will be allowed to carry arms(weapons), including knives, inside.   So in that sense there is no need to carry for protection.   Now I suppose there is the possibility of gang activity where a large group of thugs attack someone.   Then it would be nice to have a weapon for defense.

Unfortunately the anti-gun types only see anyone with a gun as the issue.
View Quote
Gangs of urban youths, big guys vs small women, trained fighters vs normal folks or just not wanting to leave your gun locked in a vehicle in a terrible neighborhood. I can think of lots of reasons this is a stupid plan.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:56:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The libertarian in me says "their place, their rules" and to vote with my pocket book and not worry about it.

The constitutionalist in me says "shall not be infringed..."

And the realist in me tends to side with the above poster: Bad shit happens, and everyone being unarmed doesn't mean danger and death is not possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The libertarian in me says "their place, their rules" and to vote with my pocket book and not worry about it.

The constitutionalist in me says "shall not be infringed..."

And the realist in me tends to side with the above poster: Bad shit happens, and everyone being unarmed doesn't mean danger and death is not possible.

There is no constitutional issue here. It is a private entity exercising their property rights. The 2nd only applies to government, not citizens.

In regard to "no need for weapons," it is a long walk from the parking lot to the "secure" area.

I have never been inside of Verizon arena and I have no plan to ever do so.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:16:27 AM EDT
[#9]
North Little Rock...No gun or even a pocket knife? ...I'll pass
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top