Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 9:42:02 PM EDT
I have to take a trip to the area here soon, and for health reasons have to walk two to three days every day.  I will be staying a little less savory part of Springdale.  How are the local police handling open carry?  I would love to strap on my Beretta 92FS while I have to walk, but don't want to invite undue attention.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You want to openly carry such a sissy gun and NOT draw attention to yourself? At the least little girls will giggle at you.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want to openly carry such a sissy gun and NOT draw attention to yourself? At the least little girls will giggle at you.
View Quote

I could carry a 45 LC or 32-20 first generation Colt SAA if I wanted to, a Colt Black Army 1911, or even a 1936 Walther PPK - but I figure my little "poodle shooter" 92 that is the best shooting gun I own and carries 17 rounds of 9mm will do just fine.  If the open carry law applied to rifles, I could carry a milled rexeiver folding stock AK with a 30 round mag but the opinion on carry is interpreted to not include rifles or shotguns.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:35:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I could carry a 45 LC or 32-20 first generation Colt SAA if I wanted to, a Colt Black Army 1911, or even a 1936 Walther PPK - but I figure my little "poodle shooter" 92 that is the best shooting gun I own and carries 17 rounds of 9mm will do just fine.  If the open carry law applied to rifles, I could carry a milled rexeiver folding stock AK with a 30 round mag but the opinion on carry is interpreted to not include rifles or shotguns.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no law against OC of long guns.   Only handguns were ever restricted.   There is video of LE contact with a guy carrying his AR in Searcy just a few weeks ago.

I will be cold enough the the next week or so it will be easy to carry outside your pants but covered by a coat/jacket.   Since the AGs opinion on OC back late summer there is probably very little risk unless you act like an ass if contact is made.   And you don't look like a Syrian refugee.  

But if you're carrying to cause alarm you might have issues.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Be better off covering it up as long as you have a CHL.

Most Springdale cops are cool, but right now OC in public is still considered "making a statement" and when you're that far from home you should really choose your battles.

And as bad as Springdale is, I've never felt unsafe walking through any parts of it unarmed (I used to live in work in east Springdale a couple years ago).  The violence is pretty limited and is usually just gangs going after other gangs or internal strife inside a gang.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top