Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:25:19 AM EDT
Just remember to hug them and kiss them and tell them that you love them.  Just so happened that I gave my 2 year old an "extra good" hug this morning and told him that I loved him while dropping him off at day care.

I know it can be harder for us dads to relay our love to sons sometimes, but just do it.  You never know when it will be the last time and the grief that would come with missing your last chance must be an incomprehensible pain.  I say this because I don't do this with my son enough.

Nothing has happened to me or my family personally, but this thread in GD just has all of my attention this morning.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1774453_We_Lost_Our_Grandson_This_Past_Tuesday.html

~~fixed your link - cowboy~~
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]

We don't have kids, and it wasn't a medical thing, just a choice from awhile back.

Now I sometimes wish we had.  Not so I have somebody to wipe my ass when I'm too old to do it myself, but I wish I had someone I love to pass along all my lessons learned, so maybe they will have it better than me.

Just like my parents did for me.

Cherish your youngsters, man.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I know how true this is.  We lost our boy, Drew a year ago on August 10th.  He was visiting his (biological) father in TX, and while doing so, drowned at a country club swimming pool.  The boy had no doubt that his mother and I loved him.  I always said he was a bit pampered and a bit spoiled.  Looking back, I think it was just excellent parenting by his mother.  I told her that the boy never would get married, as he would never find a woman that would cook all his meals and pack him a special lunch every day......Anyway give em' all a hug and tell them you love them even if it embarrasses them.  You never know when it will be the last time.

Drew at the range with us last year.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife and I know how true this is.  We lost our boy, Drew a year ago on August 10th.  He was visiting his (biological) father in TX, and while doing so, drowned at a country club swimming pool.  The boy had no doubt that his mother and I loved him.  I always said he was a bit pampered and a bit spoiled.  Looking back, I think it was just excellent parenting by his mother.  I told her that the boy never would get married, as he would never find a woman that would cook all his meals and pack him a special lunch every day......Anyway give em' all a hug and tell them you love them even if it embarrasses them.  You never know when it will be the last time.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/elginrunner/Drew.jpeg
View Quote

Damn,  sorry for your loss.    

Im at a loss for words,    may the good Lord be with yall and little Drew!!

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ugh, damn man,  prayers sent.  I can't even imagine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:41:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

My heart hurts for you and your family. So glad you have such wonderful memories to sustain you.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks everyone...this weekend is a year since everything happened and we lost Drew. It has been by far the hardest thing I have ever gone through.  The one thing I am SO thankful for are the memories and that we honestly have no regrets for the way we spent the short time we had with our boy! We spent time together as a family instead of all running here and there in different directions like so many do nowadays. We all knew the other loved them as it was said many times to each other...not just by words but in our actions. The other comfort is that we chose to donate Drew's viable organs and in doing so his kidney's helped save the life of two men. And two other individuals have regained eye sight. My husband and I are far ahead of our empty nest schedule, something I definitely would not of chosen. Yet it is the path that has been forced upon us. However, we are thankful we have each other. Please remember to not take a single day for granted and live each day so that if you lost a loved one you would have no regrets. Embrace life to its fullest and make each day matter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top