Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2015 11:57:30 AM EDT
According to my very recent experience, turnaround time for online renewal is two weeks on the button.

Any recent rumblings on the OC vs Concealed crisis with ASP?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not heard of anyone recently that renewed and the time period.   Almost one year ago for me it took one week for turnaround.

The latest with ASP and the OC crowd is if you are caught OCing and have an AR CCL they will revoke your permit.    Due to the current issues many are suggesting going out of state of a permit like FL or AZ.   Even a sitting Arkansas Legislature is recommending this path.

Basically we are waiting for the AGs "Official" opinion on the whole Act 746 interpretation thing.   Should have been released in 30 days but that was 60 days ago.    Suspect they are waiting on the Cabot OC case which is the 1st week of Aug.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I'd rather carry concealed anyway, but it would be nice for the powers that be to at least get on the same page.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah they are drawing some heat.   But this squarely falls on the Governor and/or AGs lap.   I have no doubt they are both getting earfuls from all directions on this specific issue.   FYI they are have been some excellent ASP interactions with those OCing however.   This is a leadership issue.   I know of guys sending in photos of themselves Open Carrying and asking if ASP is going to revoke their licenses.    There are some people itching for a lawsuit over this.

But this can also be handled by the Legislature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top