Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2015 5:25:51 PM EDT
This is the one near Academy on Markham.   They have the Pro Gun sign....Firearms Welcome etc.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/12/scholtzkys-robbery-little-rock/21640073/

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – A restaurant in Little Rock is closed after a violent robbery that took place on Saturday.

According to police, an employee at Schlotzsky's on the 11000 block of Mara Lynn Road. was approached by two men who entered the front door demanding him to direct them to the restaurant's safe.

The incident report stated that that one of the men was carrying a rifle similar to an AK-47. While the robbers were led to the safe, the first victim was struck violently several times to the back of his head, causing bleeding. Then, according to the report, the robber led the victim to the cash register, demanding he empty its contents.

Another employee at the back of the restaurant was also placed at gunpoint and violently forced to the ground, where he remained until the men left the store.

Police stated that another person at the scene was in the office of the restaurant when he noticed the two men entering via security cameras. He was able to sneak out of the restaurant through the drive-thru window and go to the nearby Little Caesars, where he dialed 911.

Officers on-scene circulated the area, but were unable to apprehend the robbers, who are still unknown.

The report concluded by stating, "[The owner] advised he would be closing the store upon officers concluding the on-scene investigation. [He] also advised the suspects obtained an unknown amount of money from the robbery."
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt they noticed the signs. I eat there at least once a week. Bad timing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They knocked over the place with AKs and knew the location of the safe.  I bet they knew everything about they place (including the signs) because they either work/workerd there, or were tipped off by someone who does/did.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was meant more for us supporting them since they are so pro gun.   I presume the employees weren't armed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Fabulous.
That's a stones throw from where my wife works.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fabulous.
View Quote

It's not exactly far away from where the last LRPD LODD was.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fabulous.

Really?

Remember I think it was two years ago that corner quick stop got robbed.   I think the Outback(customers in parking lot) and another local business got hit within a week of each other as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Really?

Remember I think it was two years ago that corner quick stop got robbed.   I think the Outback(customers in parking lot) and another local business got hit within a week of each other as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fabulous.

Really?

Apartments just North of there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#8]
LODD?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Line of duty death.  Ghetto Rat shot a cop.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've heard stories of the FSA types blasting off strings of FA fire over there behind those apartments at the top of the hill. Not exactly the most friendly area...

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#11]
which, it's all bullshit because the apartments up the hill on Bowman are quite nice!

Ate there today with a friend.  There were no AK's in sight.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I live about a 3 minutes drive from there.  WTF?  The damn state police better hurry up with my Concealed Permit transfer from Louisiana.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I live about a 3 minutes drive from there.  WTF?  The damn state police better hurry up with my Concealed Permit transfer from Louisiana.
View Quote

You really do not need a Permit in AR anymore.   We're Constitutional Carry now.   There are stipulations however.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You really do not need a Permit in AR anymore.   We're Constitutional Carry now.   There are stipulations however.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry on body or carry in car?  I'd really like to know this as I have reached out to a lawyer to define a few things about the AR carry law and he hasn't gotten back to me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Lawyers are scared of it.  Most are anyway.  But the law,  the governor,  and the new AG are all pretty clear.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Carry on body or carry in car?  I'd really like to know this as I have reached out to a lawyer to define a few things about the AR carry law and he hasn't gotten back to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Constitutional Carry bro.   Do you know what that means?       It's been discussed here.   If you're on Facebook join a few Carry groups and keep up.  LR PD has pretty much been told to lay off.   They will investigate if called however.  And don't be an ass with a gun.

This is not to suggest a Permit is useless.   First there's travel to other states.   Background check when making gun purchases.   But the biggie is the Federal No Gun Zone laws.    Not within 1000 ft of said zones unless you've got valid permit.   Never challenged in court though.
The other big issue with the new law is Open Carry rather than Concealed Carry.   Although the issue is likely to become even less relevant with the new administration.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Constitutional Carry bro.   Do you know what that means?       It's been discussed here.   If you're on Facebook join a few Carry groups and keep up.  LR PD has pretty much been told to lay off.   They will investigate if called however.  And don't be an ass with a gun.

This is not to suggest a Permit is useless.   First there's travel to other states.   Background check when making gun purchases.   But the biggie is the Federal No Gun Zone laws.    Not within 1000 ft of said zones unless you've got valid permit.   Never challenged in court though.
The other big issue with the new law is Open Carry rather than Concealed Carry.   Although the issue is likely to become even less relevant with the new administration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I've only lived in AR for 7 or 8 months.  I've held a permit in Texas and Louisiana in the past so I do know most of the rules, just not familiar with the constitutional carry.  I'll do some research and look at a few of the carry groups.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks, I've only lived in AR for 7 or 8 months.  I've held a permit in Texas and Louisiana in the past so I do know most of the rules, just not familiar with the constitutional carry.  I'll do some research and look at a few of the carry groups.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Patriots of Act 746" and "Arkansas Carry Act 746 Information/Discussion Group"   Patriots is a closed group while the Arkansas Carry is Open but you still need to join to post.   AC also has a Political Action committee and is involved in the politics of it all.    They even have current members of the AR House that post.  ;)
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#19]

"Patriots of Act 746" and "Arkansas Carry Act 746 Information/Discussion Group"   Patriots is a closed group while the Arkansas Carry is Open but you still need to join to post.   AC also has a Political Action committee and is involved in the politics of it all.    They even have current members of the AR House that post.  ;)
View Quote

Thanks, I just followed both.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've heard stories of the FSA types blasting off strings of FA fire over there behind those apartments at the top of the hill. Not exactly the most friendly area...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can confirm this.  I was on my back porch one night and heard some FA fire.  Pulled up a police scanner app on my phone and the location was Mimi Rd.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#21]
sounds like the same group tried to rob them again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

sounds like the same group tried to rob them again.
View Quote

Link?

I can't believe they'd be that brazen...the needle in this town is moving back in the 1993 direction

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Damn, again?  WTF.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Guess I missed this news.   Perhaps it's time for citizen patrols.   Looking for riff raff.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top