Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2014 3:56:00 PM EDT
With some evil black rifles.  I get the normal Fudd dirty looks. I get told that they're not accurate. That they're a waste. So I load 6 rounds and tell the fella to watch this.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Not especially great shooting,  But For a barrel under $200 and a lowly 'inaccurate' AR, I'm happy.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

With some evil black rifles.  I get the normal Fudd dirty looks. I get told that they're not accurate. That they're a waste. So I load 6 rounds and tell the fella to watch this.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10734024_10100566795100574_4593268098230620639_n.jpg?oh=d3d16f60bb332f9fa628f1f1812c52ae&oe=54ED6098&__gda__=1423499150_2febd1ac5ea91e8a2c56987be3e9b88e
View Quote
Who was giving you crap about ARs? Every time I've gone out there they seem to appreciate the ARs. One guy looked at my BCM uppered/ DARC lower pistol funny til he figured out what it was. Then he wanted to shoot it

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who was giving you crap about ARs? Every time I've gone out there they seem to appreciate the ARs. One guy looked at my BCM uppered/ DARC lower pistol funny til he figured out what it was. Then he wanted to shoot it

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10734024_10100566795100574_4593268098230620639_n.jpg?oh=d3d16f60bb332f9fa628f1f1812c52ae&oe=54ED6098&__gda__=1423499150_2febd1ac5ea91e8a2c56987be3e9b88e

One of the reasons I rarely go there is the amount of fudds and retards I've dealt with. Last time I was there they didn't yet have a hole in the plexiglass between shooting stations.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

One of the reasons I rarely go there is the amount of fudds and retards I've dealt with. Last time I was there they didn't yet have a hole in the plexiglass between shooting stations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That one was a disturbing thing to see.

All the more reason I must complete my search for land where I can have my own range.

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
You should have called me and we'd have gone to Benton Gun Club.   Then had Hog Fries.   Depending on when this was.

I was there yesterday afternoon.

The other 3 holes are from a different load.    The first three shots were on top of each other.   The 4th opened up the group.   Factory ammo,

" target="_blank">
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I love taking the M99 out to Mayflower just to get the looks and glares when we knock everyone's shit off the bench for two benches in each direction...
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never had much of a problem at Mayflower.  I had a range officer tell me that using a suppressor while hunting was cheating.  After talking with him a few minutes he finally left me alone.  Other then that, I've never had much of a problem.  And it's always a good time to watch Jerry flip shit at people who are stupid.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Last time I went to Mayflower was fun. Took the AR, my granddad's old .22 pump-action rifle, the wife and the 14 year old and had fun. No goobers. Range officers were cool guys.

The time before that....couple years ago...range officers were total douchebags.

Jury's still out, I guess.

ETA: Screw the Fudd's, anyway.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#9]
The newer crop of general RO's is better these days. The older fellow that works the desk will either grow on you or not. I personally like him quite a lot. When you deal with fucktards all day you have to be a bit of a rule prick.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
..... The older fellow that works the desk will either grow on you or NOT!. ....a REAL PRICK.
View Quote
    FTFY

The very reason I've been a member of the old NLR Shooting Range (MSSA), CASA, and BGC.  Still a member of BGC since I don't shoot a much anymore.  I'd far rather pay BGC's dues every year than deal with Jerry and pay more money to the AFGC when I want to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Meh, their range, their rules. Never had issues as I read and follow the rules. I've been there when their rules made it safer for me to shoot, and therefore, I appreciate (ie understand and approve) of them.

When folks shoot at my range, my rules.

They are located well, nice facility, good supplies, CHEAP, etc.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Meh, their range, their rules. Never had issues as I read and follow the rules. I've been there when their rules made it safer for me to shoot, and therefore, I appreciate (ie understand and approve) of them.

View Quote

I don't have a problem with all rules - just some.  All ranges have rules.  It's the attitude of the range officers with which I have an issue.

Much like I have issues with the way the rest of the AGFC enforces hunting rules.  Jerry was put in charge of the range because he couldn't get along with people well enough anywhere else.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't have a problem with all rules - just some.  All ranges have rules.  It's the attitude of the range officers with which I have an issue.

Much like I have issues with the way the rest of the AGFC enforces hunting rules.  Jerry was put in charge of the range because he couldn't get along with people well enough anywhere else.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

amazing how this guy Jerry, who I've never met, is clearly such a personality that willing customers find hesitation in patroning the business.

As far rules are concerned, while some may be outlandish, I'd suggest roll playing as the range owner... Having met other gun owners, and people in general, I could see the value in adopting some harsh rules to tip the scales towards safety, compensating for people's ignorance.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You should have called me and we'd have gone to Benton Gun Club.   Then had Hog Fries.   Depending on when this was.

I was there yesterday afternoon.

The other 3 holes are from a different load.    The first three shots were on top of each other.   The 4th opened up the group.   Factory ammo,

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/FelixN/GandA/4shots.jpg" target="_blank">http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/FelixN/GandA/4shots.jpg</a>
View Quote

Tell me about the Benton Gun Club.  I just my orientation at MVSA today and am thinking about joining Benton too.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
amazing how this guy Jerry, who I've never met, is clearly such a personality that willing customers find hesitation in patroning the business.

As far rules are concerned, while some may be outlandish, I'd suggest roll playing as the range owner... Having met other gun owners, and people in general, I could see the value in adopting some harsh rules to tip the scales towards safety, compensating for people's ignorance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jerry is a great guy actually. He just assumes that everyone he doesn't know personally is a moron. And he gives zero flexibility on rules. Given what I've seen at mayflowers from customers I fully understand why he makes that assumption.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:Jerry is a great guy actually. He just assumes that everyone he doesn't know personally is a moron. And he gives zero flexibility on rules. Given what I've seen at mayflowers from customers I fully understand why he makes that assumption.

View Quote

Probably a good modus operandum
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've never had much of a problem at Mayflower.  I had a range officer tell me that using a suppressor while hunting was cheating.  
View Quote

Do I need to read the rules again?   Didn't know we could hunt in AR with suppressors...
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do I need to read the rules again?   Didn't know we could hunt in AR with suppressors...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never had much of a problem at Mayflower.  I had a range officer tell me that using a suppressor while hunting was cheating.  

No law against it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suppressors, no mag limit(except for migratory birds), full auto and even at night if hunting hogs on private land.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I've never had any issues at Mayflower.  The biggest draw for me is the price.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:11:20 AM EDT
[#21]
What is wrong with Mayflower, our taxes pay for it, I use it and it is a nice public range.  
Taken all kinds of evil black rifles there, even seen some folks with .50 cal at 200 yards and still no problems.  
They have some great spotting scopes, friendly staff.
Look at the roof, see all the holes, yep, not everyone is as smart as you that is why they have the rules.
I've been stationed in many states and around the world, got to tell you that Mayflower is a good public range.
Even anti-gun communist Kalifornia south of San Jose has a great public range that is a county park.
I guess for everyone that is against a controlled public range ya'll need to move to South Carolina.
They have 6 lane ranges on park land with no supervision and jerks always damage the sites.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Suppressors, no mag limit(except for migratory birds), full auto and even at night if hunting hogs on private land.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So gracious of our game and fish overlords.

For any overlords reading, as a trusted member of the AR HTF, as well as a well recognized TV personality and party professional, I can be trusted to provide accurate and truthful assistance for you. As you set up your police state and require knowledge about the operations and customs of our plebeian society, I would be glad to partner with you in your reign.

Your magnanimity knows no bounds and your enforcement is just and fair. Praise be to you
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

For any overlords reading, as a trusted member of the AR HTF, as well as a well recognized TV personality and party professional, I can be trusted to provide accurate and truthful assistance for you. As you set up your police state and require knowledge about the operations and customs of our plebeian society, I would be glad to partner with you in your reign.

Your magnanimity knows no bounds and your enforcement is just and fair. Praise be to you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to subscribe to your newsletter.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I avoid Mayflower at all costs if possible.  I forget the RO's name that's usually on the intercom, but I can't stand him.  

I've known the pistol range to be shut down for folks getting tagged by ricochets more than once, although I've never had a problem on the rifle range.  I prefer places like BGC because you can't draw from holster at Mayflower.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I avoid Mayflower at all costs if possible.  I forget the RO's name that's usually on the intercom, but I can't stand him.  
View Quote
Gimpy McDipshit.

I've known the pistol range to be shut down for folks getting tagged by ricochets more than once, although I've never had a problem on the rifle range.  I prefer places like BGC because you can't draw from holster at Mayflower.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#26]
former co-worker of mine took a .50 there, the fudds were pissed about the bang
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
former co-worker of mine took a .50 there, the fudds were pissed about the bang
View Quote

They weren't happy about my unsuppressed  11.5 either.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I always found that the fudds come over to drool and make uneducated remarks about the "anti tank rifle" when we took the Barrett out there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:18:08 AM EDT
[#29]
We went through about a five year period at the BGC where every meeting we had at least one new member join when asked why they are join make a comment like " so I want have to deal with that nazi at the AGFC range again"

After a few years it was a running comment before the meeting to guess how many new members they would send our way that night.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#30]
I've gone there for years.
As long as you follow the rules, you will have no problems.
Where else can you shoot for $3 if you have no land of your own?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I have gone out there for years with different people and have seen both sides.  I firmly believe that the way you are treated is a reflection of how you come across to them.  Here is my take-away:

If you act nice, have some humility, and agree to play by their rules, they are super friendly and generally interested in cool firearms/suppressors.  I have shot suppressed weapons, SBRs, and big caliber precision stuff our there.  They always ask me if it is legal, I tell them it is (I provide a copy of paperwork even though they never request it), and then they are friendly about it.  

If you show up with a chip on your shoulder, act like a firearm know-it-all, challenge the RO (either about your weapon, firearm laws, or their range protocol), or if you try to circumvent their rules, they have zero patience for it and will treat you like dirt.  

It is a great range, it is cheap, and they work hard to make it safe.  Are some of the rules a tad overbearing?  Sure.  But they are a government entity and, as such, they have to cater to everyone--that includes people who need overbearing rules.  The RO doesn't know if you are an experienced DARC role player or if you are a complete moron who just bought their first gun at Academy.  If you want to do FA mag-dumps or practice tactical reloads, go somewhere else.  If you are looking for a nice, clean, safe range to sight in a rifle then it is a great place.  

So be nice, obey the rules, and appreciate the fact that we live in an state where a govt. agency is willing to spend part of its budget on that sort of facility.  I doubt there are many states where that would happen.        

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Side question: Does the range close if it's raining outside?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Side question: Does the range close if it's raining outside?
View Quote
I've shot there in the rain before. Maybe if there is lightning?

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have gone out there for years with different people and have seen both sides.  I firmly believe that the way you are treated is a reflection of how you come across to them.  Here is my take-away:

If you act nice, have some humility, and agree to play by their rules, they are super friendly and generally interested in cool firearms/suppressors.  I have shot suppressed weapons, SBRs, and big caliber precision stuff our there.  They always ask me if it is legal, I tell them it is (I provide a copy of paperwork even though they never request it), and then they are friendly about it.  

If you show up with a chip on your shoulder, act like a firearm know-it-all, challenge the RO (either about your weapon, firearm laws, or their range protocol), or if you try to circumvent their rules, they have zero patience for it and will treat you like dirt.  

It is a great range, it is cheap, and they work hard to make it safe.  Are some of the rules a tad overbearing?  Sure.  But they are a government entity and, as such, they have to cater to everyone--that includes people who need overbearing rules.  The RO doesn't know if you are an experienced DARC role player or if you are a complete moron who just bought their first gun at Academy.  If you want to do FA mag-dumps or practice tactical reloads, go somewhere else.  If you are looking for a nice, clean, safe range to sight in a rifle then it is a great place.  

So be nice, obey the rules, and appreciate the fact that we live in an state where a govt. agency is willing to spend part of its budget on that sort of facility.  I doubt there are many states where that would happen.        

View Quote

kudos for the voice of reason.

(iow, having a 'civil right' is not a license to be an obnoxious prick.   That yet hasn't been banned, but we can keep trying.)
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Second. that.  It is a nice range, they tolerate all my black guns.  
The OP is  just pissed they finger fucked her gun.
I know the are a lot of one eye worshipers here, however I still stand by my marks.
The rules are there because folks are stupid.
Once again reference the bullet holes in the roof and berm blocker just in front of your firing lane.

Put it in your sock and give yourself a handy jerk.

It is a good public range.

Sorry old hump back ranger finger fucked your gun.

I have never had a problem shooting evil guns there.

Wow
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I know the are a lot of one eye worshipers here, however I still stand by my marks.
Once again reference the bullet holes in the roof and berm blocker just in front of your firing lane.

Wow
View Quote

Do you have a second job as a septic tank?

1st, I'm a guy, ma'am.
2nd. I never said anyone touched my rifles. You made the up.
3rd, I never said anything about staff saying anything to me,  about me,  or giving me any shit for having black guns.

If you're going to open your mouth,  at least take time to read what you're replying too. That way,  you won't look so ignorant in the future.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:29:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

1st, I'm a guy, ma'am.
3rd, I never said anything about staff saying anything to me,  about me,  or giving me any shit for having black guns.

If you're going to open your mouth,  at least take time to read what you're replying too. That way,  you won't look so ignorant in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow

1st, I'm a guy, ma'am.

ETA: credit to spikes
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:38:07 AM EDT
[#38]
I think you might be the guy who let me shoot the M99 3 or 4 years ago. If so, thanks man! I loved it and tell friends about it all the time. - John
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Oops,, it should have been his, not her.

Guess memory serves me wrong, I thought it was you who's gun was messed with some years back when you lived near there.

Oh well, that is a nice group.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Oops,, it should have been his, not her.

Guess memory serves me wrong, I thought it was you who's gun was messed with some years back when you lived near there.

Oh well, that is a nice group.

View Quote

I can't remember what my name was a few years ago, much less anything that happened back then.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Yep you are right, I will try to be better in my replies.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#42]
I have never had any issues with the MF range. Even going back to the late 80's.

I am looking forward to the new Jacksonville range adding (public) pistol and rifle capability.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I have never had any issues with the MF range. Even going back to the late 80's.

I am looking forward to the new Jacksonville range adding (public) pistol and rifle capability.
View Quote

I don't see that happening.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top