Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 7:40:21 AM EDT
Reported on channel 7 this morning that machines in North Little Rock have switched people's votes.

They didn't say whatbthey ere switched to, but then I dont guess they really have to. Stay awake at the polls, folks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#1]
It would be nice if these machines gave you a print out of the votes you just made.    When you're done entering your votes the machine comes back with a final verification page.   I'm beginning to think we need to do away with any electronic means of voting.  Not sure how we fix things though.   Sticking your finger in a jar of ink only helps so far.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The machine I voted on printed my vote as I recorded it and I was able to verify that my votes were recorded correctly at that time.  Of course, there is no telling if that translates to being recorded correctly when it was actually cast and tabulated.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The machine I voted on printed my vote as I recorded it and I was able to verify that my votes were recorded correctly at that time.  Of course, there is no telling if that translates to being recorded correctly when it was actually cast and tabulated.
View Quote

Hmmmm I wonder if mine printed it out too and I missed it?  Pretty sure it didn't.   I would assume all use the same machines.

Have there been any reports of votes changing from Dem to Republican nationwide?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah I see what you're talking about now.  It's printed for you to read it but you can't take it with you.  Yeah I remember seeing that but not sure if I actually read it.  lol   I just remember verifying my votes before hitting the "Vote" button.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine "printed" correctly. I verified before walking away. Faulkner county. First day of early voting.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It would be nice if these machines gave you a print out of the votes you just made.    When you're done entering your votes the machine comes back with a final verification page..
View Quote

They all do this.  After you have input all your selections, there is a verification screen where you review and double check everything.  After you verify it, the machine scrolls the physical printout past a window on the machine.  

If you don't take the time to review it before you hit enter, what difference would it make if you had a printout to take with you?  That would just increase the cost of elections to the taxpayer (cost of additional paper/ink/printers).    
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Reported on channel 7 this morning that machines in North Little Rock have switched people's votes.

They didn't say whatbthey ere switched to, but then I dont guess they really have to. Stay awake at the polls, folks.
View Quote

My surprised face
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Pay attention and I applaud you all for voting!  
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#10]
My polling site didn't have the touch screens - I filled out a paper ballot, then fed it to the scantron machine.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My polling site didn't have the touch screens - I filled out a paper ballot, then fed it to the scantron machine.
View Quote

Me, too. Makes you wonder, though. Those could get screwed with and there's no way to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top