Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2014 9:14:07 PM EDT
Well , I heard today that Wilson Combat has lost their best Man that turned around their Ar dept, He quit Tuesday and I don't think that I would want an AR from them without him overseeing that dept. He was a stickler for things being just right on every gun that left the shop. Oh well someone will pick him up like Guncrafters picked up John Mayes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I bet he already has a job.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought they moved to Texas and left Arkansas behind?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, they were still there as of Saturday morning. We drove by on the way to our land which is about 2 miles behind their shop. It looks like they are planning some kind of construction up by their main workshop. They have been messing with the roads there for a while now.

I've never stopped in, does anyone know if they give tours or if they have some kind of showroom that people can walk in and look around in?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nope, they were still there as of Saturday morning. We drove by on the way to our land which is about 2 miles behind their shop. It looks like they are planning some kind of construction up by their main workshop. They have been messing with the roads there for a while now.

I've never stopped in, does anyone know if they give tours or if they have some kind of showroom that people can walk in and look around in?

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

They don't really have a showroom or do tours.  However, I lucked into an unofficial tour a few months back with their head of R&D, Marvin Pitts.  The dichotomy of that place is crazy.  The AR operation is completely state-of-the-art.  They have a bunch of very expensive CNC and EDM machines--and I mean a bunch.  Virtually everything for their billet ARs is built in house.  The non-billet stuff they buy along with some barrel blanks (that they finish in-house).  

The 1911 operation is the polar opposite.  Just guys sitting at benches hand-fitting parts with hand tools.  The time you have spent working on 1911s dictates your place in the operation.  The supergrade guys are the longest tenured and they are off in their own corner.  

Everyone there was very nice and showed me what they were doing.  It is a very impressive operation.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds pretty cool. Hopefully ill luck into a tour someday.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bill Wilson has a big for-hire hog hunting ranch in Texas, but it is a separate entity.  I hear the guided hunts are expensive.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bill Wilson has a big for-hire hog hunting ranch in Texas, but it is a separate entity.  I hear the guided hunts are expensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever heard of CONTRAN?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
The only way I'm paying to hunt is if it's from a Helo.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This!!!!!!!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!!!!!!!!!!!

this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEi6-Gxp1o

The 5 of us took 146 hogs and 11 coyotes.   I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#11]
What city is the Wilson shop located in?

And a helo hunt would be amazing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ever heard of CONTRAN?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever heard of CONTRAN?

No...

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What city is the Wilson shop located in?

And a helo hunt would be amazing.
View Quote

Berryville
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top