Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2014 1:18:18 PM EDT
I'm going to be overnighting in Blytheville next Wednesday and the following  Monday on my way to/from Baton Rouge. I'd  appreciate any suggestions on places to eat dinner or get carryout to take back  to my hotel.

Thanks! :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm going to be overnighting in Blytheville next Wednesday and the following  Monday on my way to/from Baton Rouge. I'd  appreciate any suggestions on places to eat dinner or get carryout to take back  to my hotel.

View Quote

Keep driving.    If you was going to arkansas an enema,  Blytheville would be where you'd stick the hose.  I'd rather stay in Memphis than Blytheville.  IIRC, Blytheville has the highest crime rate per capita in AR.     It's a shithole.

Poplar bluff, MO,  Cape Girardeau, or Sikeston ain't to bad.   Ya might want to stay the night there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Keep driving.    If you was going to arkansas an enema,  Blytheville would be where you'd stick the hose.  I'd rather stay in Memphis than Blytheville.  IIRC, Blytheville has the highest crime rate per capita in AR.     It's a shithole.

Poplar bluff, MO,  Cape Girardeau, or Sikeston ain't to bad.   Ya might want to stay the night there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  Both Memphis and Sikeston are about an hour north/south of Blytheville and would be better options.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  Didn't  realize  it was so cruddy.  A couple of other Arfcommers had suggested  it as a good halfway point.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#4]
No, just no....
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Just made reservations for Sikeston,  MO.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glad to hear that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me suggest Lambert's Cafe.  It's worth a visit for the entertainment value alone.  I'm kinda fond of the Chicken Fried Round Steak.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
We have autocross events with over 100 participants in various sports cars from vintage classics to modern exotics that last two days in Blytheville, and most people stay in the local hotels. We've never had a single problem, and that includes having hotel parking lots full of vettes, porsches, and even a ferrari or two.

Be smart, be aware, stick to the newer side of town, and you'll be just fine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good choice. At Lamberts, they throw bread at you.  It's a hoot.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:58:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We have autocross events with over 100 participants in various sports cars from vintage classics to modern exotics that last two days in Blytheville, and most people stay in the local hotels. We've never had a single problem, and that includes having hotel parking lots full of vettes, porsches, and even a ferrari or two.

View Quote

That's because we sit in the hotel parking lots for a good portion of the night when they are in town.

I work for BPD.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That's because we sit in the hotel parking lots for a good portion of the night when they are in town.

I work for BPD.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I work for BPD.

And we love you guys! You and the BFD for letting us use their hot showers at the firehouse when we camp out at the base! I'm too cheap for hotels...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top