Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 11:04:04 PM EDT
Time to rotate/replenish the Clorox stock in the AM.....
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Just go to the pool supply store. It is concentrated so you can make hundreds to thousands of gallons from one bucket, and it has a hell of a long storage life compared to liquid bleach.

Use the stock solution as full strength bleach or dilute it down for water purification.

This is from the DHS bulletin.

"

You can use granular calcium hypochlorite to disinfect water. Add and dissolve one heaping teaspoon of high-test granular calcium hypochlorite (approximately ¼ ounce) for each two gallons of water, or 5 milliliters (approximately 7 grams) per 7.5 liters of water. The mixture will produce a stock chlorine solution of approximately 500 milligrams per liter, since the calcium hypochlorite has available chlorine equal to 70 percent of its weight. To disinfect water, add the chlorine solution in the ratio of one part of chlorine solution to each 100 parts of water to be treated. This is roughly equal to adding 1 pint (16 ounces) of stock chlorine to each 12.5 gallons of water or (approximately ½ liter to 50 liters of water) to be disinfected. To remove any objectionable chlorine odor, aerate the disinfected water by pouring it back and forth from one clean container to another.

"

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both tablets and liquid.....but it's not just about disinfecting water
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]

I'm trying to use this as an excuse to go buy a gas mask.

I'm not letting her get away with using logic on me about the whole "it's not airborne" argument!!!

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys are scaring me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You guys are scaring me.
View Quote
No the hospital goobers in Texas that ignored the signs of Ebola in a patient who just came from a hotbed of Ebola are scary. People here are trying to help you help yourself.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a mess of the tablets a few weeks ago.  Prior to that I didn't know they existed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Why were 13,000 visas just issued to people in Africa?  Why are we opening our borders to people from a region (South America) where "that weird upper respiratory virus" was running rampant?  Why are we sending 3,000 troops to deal with Ebola and expecting none of them to get infected, knowing full well that military rotations back home are somewhat random and frequent (especially with that number of people)?

Because Zero is the anti-christ, that is why.  This guy is doing everything he can to bring this country down.  If the next President is a conservative, I feel very sorry for them, and I am confident they would be a one term President.  Because they are going to have to make some very hard decisions.

In all honesty, the only way to really deal with Ebola is to instigate martial law, and doing that with our troops would quickly be interpreted as an invasion of a sovereign nation.

I'm a little pissed at this whole thing, in case you can't tell.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go ahead and try, but, apparently Dan is the whitest asshole in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a bunch of these a while back.

Bleach Tablets

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are you again?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Who are you again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are you again?

Just a guy with a dry sense of humor.
I was alluding to the Muslim/gunshop thread and Arfcoms fascination with anal bleaching.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was alluding to the Muslim/gunshop thread and Arfcoms fascination with anal bleaching.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are you again?

Please go do that somewhere else.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, it's obvious I've offended.
Upon reflection, it was a crass and inappropriate thing to say on a public forum, in front of and to people, I do not know.
I offer my apologizes to you and Dan.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, it's obvious I've offended.
Upon reflection, it was a crass and inappropriate thing to say on a public forum, in front of and to people, I do not know.
I offer my apologizes to you and Dan.
View Quote

No offense taken at all.  I was messing with you.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm an asshole, my wife says so and so does my therapist. He even calls me an asshole, only cost me $150 an hour!  Lol. Guess a lot of people don't like honesty and bluntness.
I have little time in the real world to be political correct.

But being in the medical world,  and dealing with none native people, I have my guard up.
It's apparent that our leaders do not have our best interest in sight. I won't wait for them to help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top