Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2014 9:26:37 PM EDT
We went opening day and had great bird numbers coming into the field.  Several limits were killed, lots of shooting, and no one left empty handed.  Strange thing though is that we didn't hear a single shot that didn't originate from our field, which is pretty much a first for as long as I have been hunting there (20+ seasons).  What are you guys seeing where you hunt?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
i heard a report from where i used to hunt.

They killed 40 (!) birds. we used to kill 600-800. one year we killed 1200 if i remember right.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I went and it was really nothing to write home about.  We killed probably 20 birds the first day and then another 50 the second day.  It will be a few meals worth of good eating.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Went out on opening day with friends from Church for my first time.  Had a great time.  Brought down "8" myself, but there were several others out as well.  The property owners were telling me it was a slow first day, but there was plenty to eat for everyone.

We were easily the largest group in the area, although there were some reports coming from a few fields over, just not nearly as many as us.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i heard a report from where i used to hunt.

They killed 40 (!) birds. we used to kill 600-800. one year we killed 1200 if i remember right.
View Quote

I wasn't able to make it this year, but in eastern AR where I usually hunt. There are usually 8-12 of us and we all usually have our limit within a few hours. This year they only killed 20 or so all weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top