Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2014 3:21:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, can't say I disagree.

Look at it this way, I left St. Louis to come here, so I figure I traded up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess for people who like crime.....sure it could be #1!  lol

Left hand, meet right hand.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]

they need to bring back the pine boxes in liquor stores and gas stations
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I really miss living in Little Rock.  Just stay out of the east end and parts of SWLR  and you will be OK.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn...I personally have never felt unsafe in Little Rock.

I'd rather be on the worst street in LR than the worst street in....any other city.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
where do you live now?   I'm pining away thinking grass is greener further north...

(ah... shoulda quoted the guy I was asking)
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd rather be on the worst street in LR than the worst street in....any other city.
View Quote

Delusional!    Little Rock is consistently ranked as a pretty high crime rate locale.  Gang activity is VERY high here too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Delusional!    Little Rock is consistently ranked as a pretty high crime rate locale.  Gang activity is VERY high here too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

While true, you do have to kind of go looking for it.

I live in Maumelle and commute daily to west Little Rock, and I never see anything more than some colorful individuals out "acting a fool". While they do occasionally make sorties into the nicer parts of town for a bit of "shopping", for the most part the riff raff is busy killing each other and stays out of your way.

My wife works on Roosevelt east of I-30, which is well outside the green zone, and even she rarely sees or hears major trouble outside of someone knocking over one of the stop'n'robs at I-30 and Roosevelt.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I live in Maumelle and commute daily to west Little Rock, and I never see anything more than some colorful individuals out "acting a fool". While they do occasionally make sorties into the nicer parts of town for a bit of "shopping", for the most part the riff raff is busy killing each other and stays out of your way.

My wife works on Roosevelt east of I-30, which is well outside the green zone, and even she rarely sees or hears major trouble outside of someone knocking over one of the stop'n'robs at I-30 and Roosevelt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm working on Roosevelt east of 30 right now. I have lots of ammo on me.

The area near the 4 way behind fire station 13 isn't real safe. Homeless shelter a block away and a homeless camp a mile away keep the area filled with undesirables.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I really miss living in Little Rock.  Just stay out of the east end and parts of SWLR  and you will be OK.
View Quote

What's wrong with East End and SWLR?  

Dan_Grey and I grew up out there and he still lives out there.  And I still go to SWLR weekly to visit my grandparents.

.....On a more serious note, I have never felt threatened in EE, but I never go into SWLR without gun and a spare mag personally.  And if I have to be in my vehicle over there at night, I always have my pistol sitting on my console.

I actually think central LR is worse than SWLR / EE and has been for a while.  Hell, all the robberies and muggings happen in WLR these days..

For the record, I live between LR and Bryant now, but its starting to go down hill out here.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#11]
There was an armed robbery in the Academy parking lot last week.   Someone ordered a pizza delivered to the side of the store. (Yeah I know stupid to deliver there)   When the driver got there they pulled a gun, took his money and the pizza.   Anyone who thinks LR is not a high crime area is simply not cognizant of reality.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to say I always felt safe in STL when I lived there. Now, not so much.
I still say I feel safe in LR, but now I normally have a pistol on me as well.  It also helps that I avoid certain areas at certain times though.  Hell, I may just be getting older but it seems like I'm really not out and about after 8:30-9pm anymore though.  If I am out later at night, it's usually in a "better" area, but even those aren't a guarantee.

ETA:  Good point by Bama about Academy.  I consider that a "better" area, but I'd never walk through the parking lot into the store without my head on a swivel.

I think a big part of "feeling" safe is doing the right things to increase your safety (SA, carrying, etc).
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I still say I feel safe in LR, but now I normally have a pistol on me as well.  It also helps that I avoid certain areas at certain times though.  Hell, I may just be getting older but it seems like I'm really not out and about after 8:30-9pm anymore though.  If I am out later at night, it's usually in a "better" area, but even those aren't a guarantee.
View Quote

And how many times have you heard gunfire from your house?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, we're not here to talk about that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#15]
On a lighter note, I got to meet some LRFD guys early Sunday morning (about 3:30 a.m.).

My wife woke up when the power went out and happened to notice that the power pole in our back yard was on fire.

Apparently something happened and one of the insulators had flames coming out of it, then a fuse popped which also caught on fire.  It ended up going out on its own, so I didn't get to see the FD shooting a hose up in the air.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
On a lighter note, I got to meet some LRFD guys early Sunday morning (about 3:30 a.m.).

My wife woke up when the power went out and happened to notice that the power pole in our back yard was on fire.

Apparently something happened and one of the insulators had flames coming out of it, then a fuse popped which also caught on fire.  It ended up going out on its own, so I didn't get to see the FD shooting a hose up in the air.
View Quote

You wouldn't have anyway.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?  When I call in a fire I expect to see some hose action dammit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top