Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2014 10:53:28 PM EDT
Where do you get your information from? The mud slinging ads don't do it for me. I just want to make a good informed decision.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:03:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Local political meetings [not democrat]. Can't go that way. Also I listen to conservative radio all the time. Remember, the media is liberal as can be. Notice the kid glove treatment of Obama. Listen to them and you would believe there is no high unemployment. The economy is just great. We should leave our borders open for the under privileged, Ebola victims,and terrorist. The USA is falling apart but, the death of Mr. Williams is the important issue of the day. Sorry but, the primary showed me the state has many low information voters. Many great candidates lost in the primary. In my opinion anyway. Many people were sky high last November at a state Republican meeting I went to. The place was packed and everyone said the Republician Party would take over the state this year. Arkansas was one of 2 if I recall right, states that received extra money for navigators to help people get into Obamacare. My read on that was they can see Arkansas going over to the Republican side. So Obama is trying to sway voters. The last political meeting I went to, it was stated that the Republicans were still very high about taking the state this year. I can't vote Democrat for anything. But, I am very sorry about some of the Republicans that lost in the primary. Seek and ye shall find .
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I read a lot... when I have time or can stomach it.
You can google for voting records, but be aware that those records won't reveal how they voted in their Committee, nor will it reveal how late in the voting process someone cast their vote (think about this).
I have found The Blaze to be fairly reliable, but only because they provide raw video/audio and the commentary doesn't usually offend my sensibilities of bullshit detection.
the Breitbart website is my favorite, but they are right-wing biased, but not to the point of outright lying to you.   And, they don't pretend to be something they are not.
The NRA is a reliable source of political information, as they have several people 'working closely' with several politicians and they are constantly in court somewhere, helping someone survive their own govt.

For example, it is true that Mike Ross ultimately voted against 'Obamacare'.   You can google for a youtube video of himself explaining this.   But take note how and where and when the video is 'chopped off'.    Ross was in fact voting, in committee, for many other govt-healthcare initiatives, some of them more radical than Obamacare itself.   And it's true that Ross cast the deciding vote in committee, to vote the whole discussion to the floor of the whole House.   It is true that Ross voted for 'big govt healthcare' many times, but he ultimately voted against the ACA (same thing as 'Obamacare') when it was finally put to the last vote in the House ... where no Republicans voted for it.    But big deal... why cast a politically suicidal vote when your program will pass without your vote?   They can 'sit around' and watch the votes tally up... and vote 'strategically'...

I call it 'strategically deceptive'.   Committee votes are hard to find, hard to verify, and easy to conceal.   Just like we like our guns.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Local political meetings [not democrat]. Can't go that way.
View Quote

We all should go to a democrat meeting.   Once is probably all it will take.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Local political meetings [not democrat]. Can't go that way.
View Quote

We all should go to a democrat meeting.   Once is probably all it will take.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
not sure why the double-post...

anywayz...Unless Jesus appears and tells me otherwise, I'm voting straight R this time ... not because I believe the Rs are saints, but because the Ds are batshit anti-american-suicidal communist destroyers of everything good.   The Rs are actually a mixed bag of good people and 'mild liberals'.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
not sure why the double-post...

anywayz...Unless Jesus appears and tells me otherwise, I'm voting straight R this time ... not because I believe the Rs are saints, but because the Ds are batshit anti-american-suicidal communist destroyers of everything good.   The Rs are actually a mixed bag of good people and 'mild liberals'.
View Quote

This ... The time to choose candidates is in the primary, and that's long past for this election cycle. Time to get behind the R's and throw the commie libs out.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I was being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Have y'all seen the commercial where Pryor is basically saying that his vote for Obamacare cured his cancer?  I had to watch it three times before I could believe he actually did that.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#9]
he had cancer in 1996 or so.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

he had cancer in 1996 or so.
View Quote
Well, yeah.  He's probably counting on the fact that most people aren't going to look into this as well as half of the people who voted him into office thinking they were voting for David Pryor.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I like that a former Asa contributor and Huckabee appointee is now the "star" of an anti-Asa commercial acting like he is a "commoner".
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I get mine from infowars
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, I can't stand Asa.  Mike Bebee has endorsed Ross for governor.  Bebee has been the best governor for Arkansas in a very long time.  I'm no fan of Huckabee either.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top