Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
We all knew this would be a win but damn....

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad I DVR'd the game on Saturday.
I've watched it 3 times now.

Still not sold on B. Allen. I think li'l bro, Peavy, and Storey all have greater potential.
2015 will be our year to get things over the hump.
I'm still looking at 4 wins this year. I still hope I'm on the low side of wrong, too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Some stats before we go into the red raiders game, Are we gonna get a meaningful boost from this?

-73: Arkansas’ 73 points scored against Nicholls State are tied for third most in program history. The Razorbacks’ scored 73 points against Texas Southwestern in 1928. The only two times they scored more points came in 1916 (82 points vs. Oklahoma Mines) and 1911 (100 points vs. Southwest Missouri State).

-66: Before Saturday’s game, the most points Arkansas had ever scored at Razorback Stadium was 66, when the Razorbacks beat North Texas 66-7 in 2007. That season was Houston Nutt’s final season as Arkansas’ head coach. The most points the Razorbacks scored at home during the Bobby Petrino-era was 63, in a 63-27 win over Eastern Michigan in 2009.

-35: The Razorbacks scored 35 points in the first quarter. The most points Arkansas scored in a single game last season was 34, in the season-opener against Louisiana-Lafayette.

-495: Arkansas rushed for 495 yards Saturday. That is the eighth most in program history. Of the seven totals that rank ahead of Saturday’s performance, only one (541 yards vs. Florida International in 2007) occurred after 1987.

-12.4: The 495 rushing yards came on 40 attempts, giving the Razorbacks an average of 12.4 yards per carry. That breaks the 78-year-old school record of 11 yards per carry, which was set against Pittsburg (Kan.) State in 1936.

-684: Arkansas gained 684 yards of total offense Saturday. That is the third most yards in program history. The Razorbacks gained 859 yards in the Pittsburg State game in 1936 and 713 yards in the North Texas game in 2007.

-12.67: The 684 yards of total offense came on 54 plays, giving the Razorbacks an average of 12.67 yards per play. That breaks the 67-year-old school record of 10.76 yards per play, which was set against Northwestern (La.) State in 1947.

-10: The Razorbacks scored 10 touchdowns (six rushing, four passing) against Nicholls State. That is tied for the second most in school history. They also scored 10 touchdowns in the 1947 Northwestern (La.) State game and 12 touchdowns in the 1916 Oklahoma Miners game.

-5: Of the Razorbacks’ 10 touchdowns, five of them came on the first play of a drive. The first two offensive plays Arkansas ran went for touchdowns, while the first five touchdowns came on only 12 total plays.

-3: Alex Collins had three rushing touchdowns Saturday. He had only four total rushing touchdowns in 12 games last season.

-8: Eight different Arkansas players had at least 14 rushing yards in Saturday’s game. Jonathan Williams (143 yards) and Alex Collins (131 yards) led the way.

-90: Williams got 90 of his 143 rushing yards on one play, when he scored on a 90-yard run in the second quarter. The play is tied for the third longest touchdown run in school history. Broderick Green had a 99-yard touchdown run against Eastern Michigan in 2009, Joe Adams had a 92-yard touchdown run against Auburn in 2011 and Billy Moore had a 90-yard touchdown run against Tulsa in 1962.

-6: Brandon Allen has six touchdown passes this season and all six have gone to a different player. Tight ends Hunter Henry and AJ Derby had touchdown catches against Auburn, while receivers Drew Morgan, Cody Hollister, Jared Cornelius and Keon Hatcher had touchdown catches against Nicholls State.

-14: Last season, only 13 players caught a pass. This year, 14 different players already have at least one reception.

-4: Brandon Allen had four touchdown passes Saturday, becoming the ninth different quarterback in school history to throw four touchdown passes in one game.

-540.6: Allen completed 4-of-5 passes for 117 yards, with all four completions going for touchdowns. The performance game him a quarterback rating of 540.6.

-179: Despite touching the ball only three times, Keon Hatcher gained 179 all-purpose yards against Nicholls State. He had an 82-yard touchdown run on Arkansas’ first offensive play of the game, a 50-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter and a 47-yard kickoff return to start the second half.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#4]
They will lose this weekend against Texas tech, then win one other game and that's the season boy's
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They will lose this weekend against Texas tech, then win one other game and that's the season boy's
View Quote

They will make TTU their bitch. UCA was hanging w/ TTU.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would bet a cigar on this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont smoke.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wooooo Pig Soooie
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#calledit
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
It's good to hear the sportscasters talking about us in other games.

I'm good with slow and steady improvement if it's gets us back to where we were
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Great game to watch. Never seen a defensive line manhandled like TTU.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We all some of us knew thought this would be a win but damn....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
We all some of us knew thought this would be a win but damn....

Quoted:

Damn
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Wooo Pie Sooie.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#15]
well color me impressed, had they played Auburn this week maybe the score wouldn't have been so far apart
Hey we've already matched last year!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#16]
the line has been dropped to 9, still in A&M's favor

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Brandon Allen looks sharp, and the play action game is solid.

ETA:  A&M looks wholly uninspired, and Ark looks like a whole new team from what I watched a few weeks ago.  Nice.

ETAA:  1 penalty and the whole game changes.  Crazy turn.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice job pussy footing around at the end Bielema.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Insert George Strait just give it away song here

I hope the ahole that brought that 57 yard gain back cries himself to sleep tonight, he's
Got a road of redemption to walk
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I turned it off after the first TD......
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Insert George Strait just give it away song here

I hope the ahole that brought that 57 yard gain back cries himself to sleep tonight, he's
Got a road of redemption to walk
View Quote
It was Dan Skipper and a tripping penalty.  What really sucks is that they weren't even close to where the play was happening.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#22]
They look to be better than I thought they would be at this point.
Still going to be a tough season if we can't finish games.
Still calling 2015 as the year we get over the hump to consistent wins and a legitimate shot in the West.

Go Hogs!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#23]
To me, the lousy place kicker cost them the game.

On the other hand, the Australian punter kept them in it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
To me, the lousy place kicker cost them the game.

On the other hand, the Australian punter kept them in it.
View Quote

When you lose after being up by 14 in the 4th, there's no other place to put the blame than the defense and/or the coaching.
(Unless, of course, points were scored via turnovers, but that wasn't the case.)
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I know a guy who could've made that kick.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#26]
we had a week off, whats your predictions?

If the Hogs don't fall apart at the end or do something stupid (intentionally trip away from the play) I think they have a chance and it should be a good game

ETA hopefully it won't depend on a kick
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 4:52:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If the Hogs don't fall apart at the end or do something stupid (intentionally trip away from the play) I think they have a chance and it should be a good game

View Quote

Or 4.  

At least the throwback unis are cool.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I headed up so i expect driving rain, and a close gut wrenching loss.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's anything closer than an absolute blowout victory by Bama.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's anything closer than an absolute blowout victory by Bama.
View Quote

Color you surprised, then?  

Good to see us playing well. We still have a lot of growing, especially at the QB position, but as long as we can keep Bielema and let him coach his way, we will be in good shape.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good to see us playing well. We still have a lot of growing, especially at the QB position, but as long as we can keep Bielema and let him coach his way, we will be in good shape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't surprised we played well just surprised we played well to the end with only a few mistakes, the missed field goal and dropped balls could be blamed on the weather it was definitely a problem for both teams but #11 should have jumped on that ball in the end zone, I don't know why he didn't try. Also If we don't capitalize on the other teams mistakes that's not gonna lead to a W but overall that was a good showing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#35]
That makes 2 SEC West division teams that we have beat on the field, but lost to on the scoreboard.
I find it difficult to stomach losing to 'Bama by 1 point knowing my Hogs left 11 points laying out there on the field.
I agree that if the University can keep Bielema and let him build the program the way he sees fit, we will be in good shape.
I called 2015 as our breakout year and I'm sticking with that.

(But God, if you're up there... PLEASE allow us to beat LSU this year.)
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

(But God, if you're up there... PLEASE allow us to beat LSU this year.)
View Quote

Very much THIS!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#37]
beat ourselves again

Arkansas outgained Georgia 422-386, had 29 first downs to Georgia’s 18 and had almost twice as many passing yards, but the only stat that mattered was the four turnovers.

Allen finished 28-45 for 296 yards with 3 TD and 2 INT.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#38]
The only team in the country with a better shot at a two point conversion than a point after.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The only team in the country with a better shot at a two point conversion than a point after.
View Quote

I'd laugh if that weren't so sadly true.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My jaw dropped when he made that 49 yarder
And how about our new back up QB!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#41]
FIELD GOAL!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's gonna have legs for a while.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Pretty sure they found some dude wandering around campus and asked him to be the new kicker.

The new backup QB is a beast though
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Pretty sure they found some dude wandering around campus and asked him to be the new kicker.

The new backup QB is a beast though
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Who has us winning this weekend?

I'll give us a 35% chance (which is a lot higher than I would have given us a year ago).
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Who has us winning this weekend?

I'll give us a 35% chance (which is a lot higher than I would have given us a year ago).
View Quote

How do you figure 35% chance?  Not arguing, just curious.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#47]
They will not win in the land of the cowbell.

I don't see them getting hammered, but they aren't good enough yet to win that one.  

35% is easy:

4 quarters X .35 = 1.4; which is almost exactly the number of quarters they have played well per game when not in Fayetteville and faced with SEC caliber competition.

(OK maybe that isn't exactly how Moses came up with that....)
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Going balls out and saying Hogs shock the world.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I hope you're right brother.  

WPS!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#50]
These announcers and their love for the MSU quarterback is almost as bad as listening to the Joe Buck love fest for the Giants a few days ago.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top