Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be there.  And a friend of mine (not on ARF) will also be participating.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
We will be there working and hopefully participating.

Anyone other women going?
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am. I intend on having my GoPro with a chest harness, a head mount, and a small HD camera that can be rail mounted.  If everything goes right, I'll be able to let people use them for their runs of they want, and either send them the video later, or preferably put them on USB drives if they want and they provide them the day of.

I'll also have my Canon if anyone wants pics of them running the course.
View Quote

Nice!  I may take you up on that.

I love the vids that Shooters101 posts.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Would love to make this and meet some more DARC / ARK ARFcommers, but that's the weekend of OFAST...
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there.  Drop leg holster and all.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Who all is going?

View Quote

This poor, dumb bastard.  No pics, no vid.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who all is going?

Hopefully, my junk will be fully functioning this time.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who all is going?

Hopefully, my junk will be fully functioning this time.

If it ain't, I'm knocking my Aimpoint off zero before I hand you the rifle.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What's everybody running? Guns or gear or both?
View Quote

I gotta look over the rules for gear, again...

EDIT:  I may ought to do some holster shopping.  That, or load a bunch of .45 -- for which I don't have components.

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Running?  Oh,  that's the thing most of us will do for 14 seconds until we slow down from exhaustion . . .
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Running?  Oh,  that's the thing most of us will do for 14 seconds until we slow down from exhaustion . . .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im praying its a cool day...
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#15]
It won't be...
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they are calling for rain right now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#17]
If they're calling for rain this far out, it'll likely be a drought.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If they're calling for rain this far out, it'll likely be a drought.
View Quote

This.....

ETA:  Current forecast on Accuweather is mostly cloudy and 84F for the high.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#19]
So everyone is going into this thing with no plans?
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

my plan is to shoot things.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

obvious plans are obvious.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I "planned" on continuing my running regimen this week while on vacation but once I got to Gatlinburg, I realized how flat it is where I live.

Just like someone else said this morning, "Running is stupid"

Ill be wearing a milsurp chest rig.

Link Posted: 6/7/2014 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#23]
PC with the plates out.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#24]
All this talk of training. I'll have some high volume grilling to do. Gotta train....
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#25]
There are some folks I know who don't particularly like me, who know I post on here, whom I also don't trust at all.  So I won't be posting nothing about what I don't have.  

Link Posted: 6/7/2014 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
All this talk of training. I'll have some high volume grilling to do. Gotta train....
http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg420/danwest/10441309_10152508177219208_8442777609067632765_n_zps6afbc5e0.jpg
View Quote

Are you not running the course?
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There are some folks I know who don't particularly like me, who know I post on here, whom I also don't trust at all.  So I won't be posting nothing about what I don't have.  

View Quote

Anybody that doesn't like you is a retard. I've never seen you give anyone here reason to dislike you. I'm an abrasive prick, you seem to be a nice guy.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg420/danwest/10441309_10152508177219208_8442777609067632765_n_zps6afbc5e0.jpg

Define 'run'.  I've lost a lot of weight, and I've been working out a lot, but all my work has been geared towards building muscle and cutting fat. No cardio, so I'm not much better prepared than when I weighed 360. I'm participating in the solo event.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

No way we'll get that lucky. I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for nothing less than blazing, uninterrupted sunshine and 95 degrees, minimum.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No way we'll get that lucky. I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for nothing less than blazing, uninterrupted sunshine and 95 degrees, minimum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cowboy has a reputation of bringing flood rains with him when he goes to DARC. Swimming the swamps and fighting gators sounds like a good way to end the run.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Cowboy has a reputation of bringing flood rains with him when he goes to DARC. Swimming the swamps and fighting gators sounds like a good way to end the run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be packing my wetsuit....
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#32]
So far this thread has mentioned a drop leg holster and a mil-surp chest rig.  So far, it sounds like I'm good to go.

But, fair warning... The various combos of camo varieties that have been thrown together over the years can be seizure inducing so onlookers beware!
At best it's a cameux faux pas, at worst it's visual battery.

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So far this thread has mentioned a drop leg holster and a mil-surp chest rig.  So far, it sounds like I'm good to go.

But, fair warning... The various combos of camo varieties that have been thrown together over the years can be seizure inducing so onlookers beware!

View Quote

Don't worry, mine is so much gear queerness it's scary. It needs a balance.
I recently had a customer order so big that I was able to get several hundred bucks of stuff from HSGI for myself, and still make money.

The Patch is a from the Adam Brown Memorial Dive team.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Mmmmm. Tacos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recently had a customer order so big that I was able to get several hundred bucks of stuff from HSGI for myself, and still make money.
http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg420/danwest/Mobile%20Uploads/1402246710_zpsbb416786.jpg

Mmmmm. Tacos.

They sag a bit with 3 loaded mags in them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't think I know you, unless you're someone I think you're not. But I am bad with username/real name recognition. So I will assume I like you.

Don't change my mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I know you, unless you're someone I think you're not. But I am bad with username/real name recognition. So I will assume I like you.

Don't change my mind.

Rest assured, it has nothing to do with anyone here.  I've been to a couple HT dinner outings, and I have met Tweeder.

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg420/danwest/Mobile%20Uploads/1402246710_zpsbb416786.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful there Panda...you might get a dirty spot on that pretty, shiny gear there...
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Be careful there Panda...you might get a dirty spot on that pretty, shiny gear there...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's brand new.  Give me time. A cat will pee on it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Enjoy gatlinburg! If you happen to smoke a pipe, there is a place on the main drag you need to check out. I'll get the name if you're interested. Also check out Ole Smokey Moonshine. And ask BeautifulStranger about the bears.

And whoever said running is stupid is a smart fellow. But. The average ninja probably needs to be able to run a mile. In under and hour. I can walk at a brisk pace for a long time, but once I kick it up to a jog or a run I'm out after a few hundred yards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I "planned" on continuing my running regimen this week while on vacation but once I got to Gatlinburg, I realized how flat it is where I live.

Just like someone else said this morning, "Running is stupid"
Ill be wearing a milsurp chest rig.

Enjoy gatlinburg! If you happen to smoke a pipe, there is a place on the main drag you need to check out. I'll get the name if you're interested. Also check out Ole Smokey Moonshine. And ask BeautifulStranger about the bears.

And whoever said running is stupid is a smart fellow. But. The average ninja probably needs to be able to run a mile. In under and hour. I can walk at a brisk pace for a long time, but once I kick it up to a jog or a run I'm out after a few hundred yards.

A fucking genius, even.

I might be able to WALK a mile in twenty-ish.  I should be good.

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#44]
So who running the buddy run has actually trained with their "buddy?" Have yall decided what your running?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So who running the buddy run has actually trained with their "buddy?" Have yall decided what your running?
View Quote

Haven't been able to run with my buddy.  Current load out between us is:

Player 1: Adam Arms 16" Mid-length Ultra Light with Nikon P-223 4-12x / Springfield XDm 9mm  
Player 2: Remington 700 .308 in a Bell and Carlson stock with Vortex Viper PST 4-16x / S&W M&P 9mm

Thought for a while about shot gun or not.  I figured other then moving clays or breaching (don't think we'll do that) the carbine would suffice.  Here's hoping.

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Player 1: Adam Arms 16" Mid-length Ultra Light with Nikon P-223 4-12x / Springfield XDm 9mm  
Player 2: Remington 700 .308 in a Bell and Carlson stock with Vortex Viper PST 4-16x / S&W M&P 9mm

Thought for a while about shot gun or not.  I figured other then moving clays or breaching (don't think we'll do that) the carbine would suffice.  Here's hoping.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are on the same thought wave. We dont want to use the shotgun so we are trying to decide between what long range gun to use. I wish the head ninja would decide how "long" it will be.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#49]
I could drive a truck through that opening.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We are on the same thought wave. We dont want to use the shotgun so we are trying to decide between what long range gun to use. I wish the head ninja would decide how "long" it will be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Head ninja knows, but is not telling...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top