Quoted:

In!

What's the unicorn patch?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hereafter, we who participated know what it was.

Personally, I am thankful for such an opportunity. The event is more than just a run and gun... I took it as a chance to witness my physical limitations and take note. It's also a great time to check your gear and see what works vs what doesn't. Maybe it's just what allows us to separate our keyboard commando persona from reality. For that I'm thankful, it's humbling when you realize you aren't the sky diving ninja you think you are. That kind of realism is paramount for the days to come. Similarly, if you haven't taken a course from DARC, you should. It magnifies and focuses what I am talking about.

I only have two patches, the unicorn DARC Velcro patch and the WW 2.0 patch. Id love to have one signifying WW 1.0, but those are non existent.... That being said, if there are veterans of both freedom shoots that would like a patch for #1, I'd gladly take the helm on such an endeavor... With mrf54 approval of course.

In!

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, I am thankful for such an opportunity. The event is more than just a run and gun... I took it as a chance to witness my physical limitations and take note. It's also a great time to check your gear and see what works vs what doesn't. Maybe it's just what allows us to separate our keyboard commando persona from reality. For that I'm thankful, it's humbling when you realize you aren't the sky diving ninja you think you are. That kind of realism is paramount for the days to come. Similarly, if you haven't taken a course from DARC, you should. It magnifies and focuses what I am talking about.

I only have two patches, the unicorn DARC Velcro patch and the WW 2.0 patch. Id love to have one signifying WW 1.0, but those are non existent.... That being said, if there are veterans of both freedom shoots that would like a patch for #1, I'd gladly take the helm on such an endeavor... With mrf54 approval of course.

In!

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah320/winemaker23/374acf114a17fdd1611a789ba253d7b1_zps06fd2a70.jpg

Now that is a proper way to show a patch!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:31:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In!

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah320/winemaker23/374acf114a17fdd1611a789ba253d7b1_zps06fd2a70.jpg

Makes me feel the same way I did for the first couple years after I joined arf -- the ONE sumbitch in this WHOLE place that ain't got a black rifle.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Makes me feel the same way I did for the first couple years after I joined arf -- the ONE sumbitch in this WHOLE place that ain't got a black rifle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In!

It ain't easy being a nijia! Or cheap!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I need one of those jobs I just applied for.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

My opportunities to take a course there have been pretty well nonexistent, but the several times I've done OPFOR have been huge for development.  My physical conditioning has always been pretty good, but it's a reality check when the lights go off, music turns up, and you see the little LED flickers coming up the hall.  Or when MRF54 has you dead sprint from the village to the airplane at 5am dead of winter - and you shoulder check the cinder block doorway at full speed on the way out.  

I used to have this idea that I could carry damn near everything on my plate carrier.  Loadout placement hasn't changed a whole lot, but the extraneous got tossed real quick.  Basics take priority - bullets, lights, knife, and shears.  The other shit goes on a belt or pack.  

Sounds like WW is the next step in the training progression.  Which reminds me, if we bring our own training bolt, can we use the 5.56 sim rounds during OPFOR exercises?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

IN!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I salute you for your noble endeavor to make a patch.  There's something about a person who thinks a patch might be a good idea, comes up with a design, gets the nod, spends their own money for the project and gets it done regardless of the challenges that are put ahead of them .  I look forward to seeing your patches.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Had to make some changes since Clan Wallace owns the "logo" and motto and wanted to be respectful, etc.

Since freedom isn't free and WW 2.0 is a DARC Freedom Shoot, it was as close as I could get while trying to maintain some originality and symbolism for those of you who participated.

Exercising your 2A properly, not cheap.
Spending a day and night of your free time, not cheap.
Running the course (most several times), not cheap.
Preparing for the course, not cheap.

LIke Supplex said, you have to pay to play.
View Quote

Ek
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm running out of room on my gear for patches and I haven't even gotten my WW2 patch in yet. Looks like I'll have to start gluing Velcro on everything.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My opportunities to take a course there have been pretty well nonexistent, but the several times I've done OPFOR have been huge for development.  My physical conditioning has always been pretty good, but it's a reality check when the lights go off, music turns up, and you see the little LED flickers coming up the hall.  Or when MRF54 has you dead sprint from the village to the airplane at 5am dead of winter - and you shoulder check the cinder block doorway at full speed on the way out.  

I used to have this idea that I could carry damn near everything on my plate carrier.  Loadout placement hasn't changed a whole lot, but the extraneous got tossed real quick.  Basics take priority - bullets, lights, knife, and shears.  The other shit goes on a belt or pack.  

Sounds like WW is the next step in the training progression.  Which reminds me, if we bring our own training bolt, can we use the 5.56 sim rounds during OPFOR exercises?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Our ammo allotment is usually the 9mm sims not the .223.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I've only used .223 once.  Been hit by .223 3, 4 hundred times.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my WW2 patch today.  Thanks.

And a Freedom shoot 1 and 2 patch would kinda go together.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, that's why I'm asking.  They have it there though and I get the impression the stores aren't running low any time soon.  It'd sure be nice to be able to reach out and hit one of those bastards every once in a while when I'm pinned in the shoot house and they're on Conex box or in the treeline, enjoying their impunity.

Quoted:

Yeah, and it's when you're just about getting used to it that you take one in a soft spot that hurts like there's no tomorrow.  A tensed shoulder cap is ungodly painful - thought someone grabbed me with needle-nose pliers.  Also that little chubby spot just to the side of the belly button.  I think I shed a tear on that one...
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:06:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Got mine also....the pictures on here of the patch looked good, but it looks awesome in person!   Thanks!

I really looking forward to WW 3.0 !!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I really don't think I deserved one,  but Rich disagreed obviously. In honor of biggie.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I know, that's why I'm asking.  They have it there though and I get the impression the stores aren't running low any time soon.  It'd sure be nice to be able to reach out and hit one of those bastards every once in a while when I'm pinned in the shoot house and they're on Conex box or in the treeline, enjoying their impunity.
Yeah, and it's when you're just about getting used to it that you take one in a soft spot that hurts like there's no tomorrow.  A tensed shoulder cap is ungodly painful - thought someone grabbed me with needle-nose pliers.  Also that little chubby spot just to the side of the belly button.  I think I shed a tear on that one...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Each class pays for their own ammo I believe (or the .gov pays for it) so I doubt they'd be in a hurry to feed us the good stuff.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Each class pays for their own ammo I believe (or the .gov pays for it) so I doubt they'd be in a hurry to feed us the good stuff.

View Quote

Ah, gotcha.  We'll just have to get in close!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like Rich's boy.....

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never in the history of the world has anyone taken "if it moves, shoot it" as seriously as him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Never in the history of the world has anyone taken "if it moves, shoot it" as seriously as him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Truer words were never spoken.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know. I think I've been shot by a certain retired air force person whose name starts with Y than I've been shot by the heros.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#26]
For those of you wondering (concerning WW 1.0) :

I'm drawing some things up as we speak

ETA: The Ninja and The Beard approve of the design. Moving forward.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Would any of you folks happen to recall the fellow who was at the run in July that had a few knives he was showing off?

My partner from the run took a shine to the evil clinch pick type bellyknife that he'd made but neither of us can remember the fellows name.

Ek
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Would any of you folks happen to recall the fellow who was at the run in July that had a few knives he was showing off?

My partner from the run took a shine to the evil clinch pick type bellyknife that he'd made but neither of us can remember the fellows name.

Ek
View Quote

July?
If you mean DARC's WW 2.0, then yes, I know exactly who you are asking about.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top