Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 5:10:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just wondering about that. Was wanting to take the boy again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
We're not on the Thunderbirds schedule,  or the Blue Angels.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
That sucks. I love the air shows. I still get that little tingle when I think back to when I was a kid seeing the F-117A for the first time at the air base here back when they still kept the rear of the plane shrouded and guarded.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:10:37 AM EDT
[#4]
They have LRAFB open house every other year. Pretty sure this is an off year.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Or...... you could just make a weekend trip to Pensacola and watch the Blue Angels for free all while sitting on the beach.  Then go to the Naval Air Museum at NAS Pensacola.  The Museum is awesome, always worth spending a few hours at every trip down there.  Oh and one your way back home, you will want to stop at the USS Alabama Battleship & Museum in Mobile.

I am a big fan of the LRAFB shows, but since its a off year....see above.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or...... you could just make a weekend trip to Pensacola and watch the Blue Angels for free all while sitting on the beach.  Then go to the Naval Air Museum at NAS Pensacola.  The Museum is awesome, always worth spending a few hours at every trip down there.  Oh and one your way back home, you will want to stop at the USS Alabama Battleship & Museum in Mobile.

I am a big fan of the LRAFB shows, but since its a off year....see above.
View Quote

I never realized it was every other year.  After getting the B52 pics the other day, I want to get more pics like that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#7]
It use to be every year, but due to "budget" issues most if not all base airshows are now every other year.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Or...... you could just make a weekend trip to Pensacola and watch the Blue Angels for free all while sitting on the beach.
View Quote

Have fun finding the Blue Angels at home(NAS Pensacola) during a weekend during Airshow season!  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Have fun finding the Blue Angels at home(NAS Pensacola) during a weekend during Airshow season!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or...... you could just make a weekend trip to Pensacola and watch the Blue Angels for free all while sitting on the beach.

Homecoming.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Homecoming.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Homecoming.

Looks like there's also one two weekends before Homecoming too.   So you got late Oct and early Nov.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be working in shreveport tomorrow, so hopefully I can poach some pics off that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:10:24 AM EDT
[#12]
We broke.  Consider yourself lucky to have a show every other year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top