Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2014 5:17:58 AM EDT
How to answer the question: * 39) Have you satisfactorily completed a training course as prescribed and approved by the Director? (The training must have been completed within six (6) months of initial application receipt date and within 12 months of the renewal application receipt date.)

Since this is before you have actually had the training how do you answer this?  As I understand it you get a number for when you do receive the training.

CC
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:02:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I think we clicked yes, and then the instructor who does the renewal filled in the rest and sent in the paperwork for us.

I think he said that the instructor was supposed to send it in.

Someone else may have a better answer, but I'm sure we said yes when we printed off the forms. I think it only matters what's on there once it is shipped to the state police.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I was hoping that was the case.

CC
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I answered yes then made note of the fact of my class being scheduled for the future.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I answered yes and then did the cert with the instructor the next day.

I hope yours goes quicker than mine.  I did mine online and submitted all of the paperwork a little more than 6 weeks before my license expired.

For about two and a half weeks before my expiration date the status showed awaiting fingerprints and background check.  My license expired and two days later I was fed up and finally called and got someone that would help me and check on the delay.  They're reply was "Oh it's just waiting to be printed.",  I asked how long that would take and the lady said "We'll get it printed right now and get it mailed to you."

It took SEVERAL calls over a period of many days and no one ever returned my calls.  Don't get me started on State employees...

DK
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]
answer yes, you will get a confirmation number that your instructor needs to put on your training form. make sure you have it with you when you meet with your instructor.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I answered no, it gave me an online authorization number and said my renewal would not be processed further until a training certificate had been received. I went and did the "training" required from an instructor, he signed and did his thing. I added my online auth number and sent it in. Really easy process.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
answer yes, you will get a confirmation number that your instructor needs to put on your training form. make sure you have it with you when you meet with your instructor.
View Quote

This is what I tell my students to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top