Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2014 6:33:04 PM EDT
I finally got a little time to hit the indoor range today.  Ozark Sportsman Supply's rifle range was vacant this AM, so it was a great time to try a little sub-sonic 300BLK fun.  I mostly shot the Remington 220 UMC and also the Ozark Ord. 125 nosler supers out of it.  The work that ARMTAC did was great and it ate both flavors without a hiccup.  Arkansas Outdoor Supply set me up with a great BCG and charging handle so that I had no gas face or unpleasant experiences.

Still gets a little messy..

Nion's SPOT ON ballistic match charts for the Remington 220 and 125 Nosler ammunition zeroed at 25 yds/7 power.

Only 30 clicks clockwise/ vert,. difference between the 2 cartiridges POI at 25 yds

This thing is so much funn....
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the white crap on the upper receiver by the charging handle?
Just blowback grime from shooting suppressed?  I know nothing about suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like you got a lot done!

Nice setup!
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just blowback grime from shooting suppressed?  I know nothing about suppressors.
View Quote

That's actually tan duracoat paint that the receiver was painted........
before I gave the whole rifle the Flat Black Krylon feeling.  The escaping gas did away with the new paint around where the charging handle and top and bottom receivers meet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks like you got a lot done!

Nice setup!
View Quote

Thanks!
I hope to bring it to your next shoot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
use rustoleum auto enamel in flat black. its oil and solvent proof.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af39/clastac/4214057_zpsb7f4b327.jpg
before I gave the whole rifle the Flat Black Krylon feeling.  The escaping gas did away with the new paint around where the charging handle and top and bottom receivers meet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af39/clastac/4214057_zpsb7f4b327.jpg

Nice cat picture!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking as to when we can get another shoot going.  Sooooon
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Does the Reaver come with that port cover or did you add that?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does the Reaver come with that port cover or did you add that?
View Quote

It came back from Armtac with it.  I supplied it when I sent it for the can to be put on.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Gotcha.  I was hoping that Jeb was supplying them that way -- so I didn't have to do it, myself.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
My next can will be a .30 cal, i'm leaning to the 300. How well does the charging handle work on holding back the gas? The cans I have now are for hand guns, I've never shot a rifle with a can
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My next can will be a .30 cal, i'm leaning to the 300. How well does the charging handle work on holding back the gas? The cans I have now are for hand guns, I've never shot a rifle with a can
View Quote

The charging handle does a great job of holding the hot gas from getting into/onto my ugly mug.........as far as I can tell it's a good quality, plain jane handle I got from AOS .  I guess there are about a million things that interact with the increased internal pressure inside the two receivers.  Some people have "gas face" problems...little and big..and fix them with sealant in the  shaped spot in the handle, some buy special oversized charging handles, some even buy enhanced BCG's (like LMT's $350 BCG), others replace the forward assist with a vented piece to divert the gas.  This was one of my concerns when I got it....How would it shoot and what other steps would I need to do to make it a good gun to shoot? Luckliy, I didn't have to do anything else besides shoot the gun..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top