Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2013 12:59:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cowboy]
Buyers beware if dealing with Little Rock FFL - KraftArms, LLC (a.k.a., Trever Murphy). I sent him FULL payment over (6) weeks ago for a Barrett M107 purchased through a Gunbroker Auction. To date, No Rifle delivered & No Refund given - Only one excuse after another. He even emailed me well over a week ago that "check was in the mail". I'm in Dalllas - maybe (3) days for US mail delivery. Another false statement & he has also now canceled his Gunbroker account - possibly due to the negative feedback. As a Warning - you may think, as I did, that buying from a Valid FFL dealer is safe - Not True. So, I will now be pursuing legal action against this dealer, hopefully this Alert may keep one of you from having a similar bad encounter. Let me know if You have already had a similar experience with this FFL. These individuals can only continue to function if the word does not get out about their business practices.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 12:41:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of him, but it's not like we have weekly get togetheros
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I never heard of him either prior to seeing and purchasing one of his listings on Gunbroker. Just assumed that buying from a FFL meant that it was safe to deal with him. Live and Learn!
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 12:10:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TJ43] [#3]
That guy has a TON of bad feedback on arguntrader.com.

Here is a link to his bad feedback on that site (you will have to join to see it, but joining is free and easy):

http://arguntrader.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22343

Hopefully this helps in your ensuing legal batle.  Dont let this guy get away with scamming people.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the "heads up" re: past negative performance. Checked the Arguntrader thread you provided. Unbelievable - he gave me the same "my wife's in the Hospital" type excuse. This guy is bad news and is about to be picked up for a Class 2 Felony.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE: As a follow up to TJ43's post above, have discovered another Alias used by Murphy - a.k.a. "KraftArms". He also is listing on Gunbroker with User Name "murph80". I discovered that he set up this account in May and was "buying" items from his other account "KraftArms" for the purpose of creating a false A+ rating for KraftArms. Then KraftArms would complete a transaction with muprh80 and also leave A+ feedback. So, if you see listings by "murph80" on any website - DON'T BE FOOLED! Has anyone found other non-reported Aliases?
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rickrixter:
UPDATE: As a follow up to TJ43's post above, have discovered another Alias used by Murphy - a.k.a. "KraftArms". He also is listing on Gunbroker with User Name "murph80". I discovered that he set up this account in May and was "buying" items from his other account "KraftArms" for the purpose of creating a false A+ rating for KraftArms. Then KraftArms would complete a transaction with muprh80 and also leave A+ feedback. So, if you see listings by "murph80" on any website - DON'T BE FOOLED! Has anyone found other non-reported Aliases?

Hire an attorney and have them subpoena Gunbroker and ARGuntrader for the IP address of those accounts.  Unless the guy is REALLY savvy, you should be able to figure out who he is with that information.  Also, if you sent him payment through an online service (Paypal or something similar), that service could help you track him down.  If you paid him by check, your bank may be able to help you track down the destination bank of those funds.   Put together a packet with all of your proof and have your attorney present it to the Arkansas Prosecutor's office and the Texas Prosecutor's office.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]
TJ43 - Great advice - thanks!  I'm already moving forward with prosecution.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]
571119076C03925KRAFT ARMS LLCNULL1415 FAIR PARK BLVDLITTLE ROCKAR722041415 FAIR PARK BLVDLITTLE ROCKAR722045015901142

Info from ATF.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.arcountydata.com/parcel.asp?item=F642C&Page=1&countycode=PULTAX

His info from county assessor. Looks to own the house.

If you do decide to knock on his door, you might carry. Its a rougher part of town...
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.facebook.com/trever.murphy1/about

this *might* be his FB page
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#11]
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1415+FAIR+PARK+BLVDLITTLE+ROCKAR&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs&ie=UTF-8&ei=-BvXUeTrMYXM9ATmt4HoDQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

Pic of his house.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#12]
http://www.watsonnorth.com/book-of-memories/1319626/Verbitski-Dorothy/obituary.php?Printable=true

Grandmother obit / Family members names?

You start tracking down family members youll turn the heat quickly...
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#13]
https://www.facebook.com/sara.b.murphy

Wifes facebook.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Good job!  As usual you are the man.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Far_Right - Thanks for the "detective" work. I already had most of the info but MORE is always a good thing. Not worried about going to his house - that's a LE function. Keep ya posted on how it turns out.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cowboy:
Everything originally Posted By far_right:

Good lord man

he knows how to creep like noone else.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By supplex:
Originally Posted By cowboy:
Everything originally Posted By far_right:

Good lord man

he knows how to creep like noone else.

Truth

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Unfortunately, I did not find this post until after wrestling with Trever Murphy/Kraftarms/murph80 on an item I won from him on gunbroker. I was lucky enough not to send him any money after i found the pictures of the item he was selling me, posted on other websites (for sale in New Zealand). He is a scumbag and he just sold some buyer an MP5 on gunbroker. I have sent numerous emails to GB to get his account shut down and they have given me little response.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I pursued him hard thru both Gunbroker & local Law Enforcement. Finally with the threat of pending Class 2 Felony charges he sent me a partial refund (shorted me $25.00). However, I feel very LUCKY to have gotten the majority of my money back from him. He always had one excuse after another why he couldn't ship the rifle I purchased (biggest reason - HE NEVER HAD IT!). I also provided Gunbroker with the info on multiple account names he was using. Gunbroker responded to me that they have terminated ALL his current user accounts. But, buyer beware, he will no doubt show up again with another User Name - just be sure to be cautious of any NEW seller that shows to be a FFL and is based in Little Rock.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Please post up all of the sellers contact information (here and on ARGuntrader). That way, other people that get screwed can track him down.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:44:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I hope I never piss Far_Right off.....Great job on the detective work
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 11:48:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Let's keep this Warning on the front page to help ensure that no one else gets taken in by this seller. Keep "bumping".
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 1:22:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ElCid87USMC] [#25]
GOOD NEWS!!
Gunbroker removed the F rating he gave me and cancelled his account. I have a feeling he received another compliant. I can't believe the nerve of this guy.

DO NOT BUY GUNS from TREVER MURPHY, KRAFTRAMS, or MURPH80. He is a fraud!
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ElCid87USMC:
GOOD NEWS!!
Gunbroker removed the F rating he gave me and cancelled his account. I have a feeling he received another compliant. I can't believe the nerve of this guy.

View Quote

How is the ATF not all over this guy? If I was to accidentally drop one of my damascus barrels on the ground and it shattered to less than 16 inches long I'd have the SWAT team on top of me within minutes...
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Kanati:

How is the ATF not all over this guy? If I was to accidentally drop one of my damascus barrels on the ground and it shattered to less than 16 inches long I'd have the SWAT team on top of me within minutes...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kanati:
Originally Posted By ElCid87USMC:
GOOD NEWS!!

You have to piss the ATF for them to come after you. Look at the shotgun news guy. They let him sell DIAS for decades, and now they're just confiscating instead of prosecuting people.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#28]
"Bump" - to keep on first page as WARNING to all potential buyers!
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#29]
"Bump" to keep this on the first page as a WARNING to potential buyers to stay away from this FFL.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#30]
***Update***

Some of you guys might know me on here. I try to keep a fairly low profile despite being a fairly large NFA owner. Anyway, I was one of the most recent people that Mr. Murphy tried to scam on Gunbroker with the MP5. He claimed to have several nice weapons. I got another investor involved that also showed interest in the rest of his collection. Everything seemed legitimate at first until I received copies of his "F3's". The forms were incomplete, some had information for two different firearms, the SN's were not in his inventory, the approval signatures were forged, etc. I tried to reason with the guy and even made myself available to drive to his residence to inspect the firearms and review his "paperwork". All I got were excuses. I felt like I was left with no choice but to report this matter to the ATF. I spoke with a local agent today that was very interested in what I had to show him. I believe that they are pursuing legal action. More to follow...
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 12:27:23 AM EDT
[#33]
I have a cell phone number for him. I am not sure if it is still active. If you want it pm me and I will dig it up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the "Pin". Keep this Warning on the first page.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 9:58:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David1963] [#35]
I know where this guy lives, works, phone number, hours he works, what gun range he uses..............anyone needing it let me know
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I have had a run in with Mr. Murphy, you may follow the link below to the arguntrader forum to read my case, this guy is scum, if anyone has any other suggestions please submit them, I am determined to shut this guy down

http://www.arguntrader.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22343&start=40

Link Posted: 11/25/2013 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Last I heard was that Local PD and ATF were investigating for possible criminal prosecution - this was late last year.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Somewhere around here I still have his telephone number. He was going to help me take my suppressor apart. Then, he started acting spooky and I backed out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Wish I'd heard some of this before it was too late. Won M16 on gunbroker last July from him. At the time, I didn't find any of the "real" feedback on him and sounded legit. Thank goodness I only (foolishly) sent a partial payment until transfer was complete. When I finally realized what was going on, I got every excuse under the sun. Gun never existed in his possession-he was just selling pictures. ATF didn't really seem too concerned and wasn't interested in pursuing matters. Did find out that he relinquished his FFL in November last year. Little Rock PD pushed his buttons some and he did finally send a check, which of course bounced to the moon. Now going after him on hot check fraud. Will see what happens. This lyin P.O.S. needs to spend some time in the cooler, after I get my money back!
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I realize this is an older thread at this point, but just an update- Trever Murphy is now in the Pulaski County, Arkansas jail and is being held for the US Marshals Service. I do not know the exact charges he is facing. However, public information available online contains testimony that he:

1. Sold thousands of dollars of firearms over the internet but did not deliver the firearms after receiving payment.
2. Forged letterhead from the US District Attorney's office and represented that the letter was from a US District Attorney
3. Forged letterhead from the BATFE and attached a certification bearing the signature of an ATF special agent.

I doubt anyone has to beware of doing business with this guy anymore unless you're in the business of trading cigarettes in prison.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#42]
This dude needs some serious prison time!  
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Not trying to resurrect an old thread. But it appears that he'll be old if he ever gets out.

Trevor Murphy
Inmate ID: #23166-014
Source: Public
LOCATED AT
United States Penitentiary (USP) - Canaan
RELEASE DATE
2041-04-20
RELEASED IN
6655 days
FACILITY LOCATION
Waymart, Pennsylvania
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Not trying to resurrect an old thread. But it appears that he'll be old if he ever gets out.

Trevor Murphy
LOCATED AT
RELEASE DATE
2041-04-20
RELEASED IN
6655 days
FACILITY LOCATION
Waymart, Pennsylvania
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Fed time is minimum of 90% iirc. He'll be gone awhile
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 4:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Amos_Moses] [#47]
DAD GUM.  I read a lot of this then seen it was 10 years old!

I thought, "Hmm...OP's been here since 2013 and is now making his first post..." Ha.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Amos_Moses:
DAD GUM.  I read a lot of this then seen it was 10 years old!

I thought, "Hmm...OP's been here since 2013 and is now making his first post..." Ha.
View Quote

No, OP joined in 2013 and made his first post that day.
He's a customer of mine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 74SHARPS:

Trevor Murphy
LOCATED AT
RELEASE DATE
2041-04-20
RELEASED IN
6655 days
FACILITY LOCATION
Waymart, Pennsylvania
View Quote

Don’t think that is him. Trevor is spelled with an “o” instead of an “e”, and a BOP search of the ID number shows this one to be 34 and a Black male.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top