Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2013 10:48:59 AM EDT
Does anybody know anything about them? I would like to join, but I don't want a visit from the feds.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Alhough I am not a member,  It is pretty easy to figure out how to join, just go to there website and read.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not asking how to join, I'm asking if any one has any information on them, and if joining would be a sure fire way to get a late night visit from the feds and free trip to a fema camp.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm automatically skeptical of shit like that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Alhough I am not a member,  It is pretty easy to figure out how to join, just go to there website and read.

I really wish I had not gone to that website.  and read about bodyguard duties..and providing extra security....in the enforcement division....
And I don't think I will be registering to see more than the front pages...

Oh, crap....Now I'm on the green list...no, wait....red list,,,,maybe yellow list....Uggghhhhh...
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait...Arkansas Defense Force!   Aren't they the security guys you see at places like Kroger in the middle of the night and the vehicles with their silly Yellow lights flashing as they "patrol" some obscure parking lot at night?   I believe this is some cheap "security" provider.  Most are not even armed.  Puleeze!   If these guys cause you to get a visit from black helicopters it's not from registering with them.  lol
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wait...Arkansas Defense Force!   Aren't they the security guys you see at places like Kroger in the middle of the night and the vehicles with their silly Yellow lights flashing as they "patrol" some obscure parking lot at night?   I believe this is some cheap "security" provider.  Most are not even armed.  Puleeze!   If these guys cause you to get a visit from black helicopters it's not from registering with them.  lol

I only know what I have read on there website (today was the first I have read about it), but I am pretty sure they arent your everyday rental cop company. There bylaws state every member shall have a rifle at all times and a pistol at all time (but only if that person have a CCL).  Then it goes on to state that all members shall have at any given time at least 200 rds of rifle ammo and 75 rds of ammo for there sidearm.

This info is available on the front page under bylaws, read it for yourself.

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't think that's them
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

hey!! i resemble thar remark....
one of the security companies that i work for patrols some parking lots around little rock and north little rock....

and

normal security can't have a rifle, a shotgun now that's a different story..
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I pulled this from their "What you need" section:

Enforcement Division
 Camouflage shirt, pants and jacket, Woodland type with Patrol Cap*
 Camouflage Boonie hat
 Rifle with ammo
 Air Rifle with ammo (for training purposes)
 Radio*
 Backpack (enough for 3 days)
 Camouflage rain suit or poncho
 Good hiking boots (Black or tan only)
 Camouflage Tent
 Handheld GPS
 Compass
 Face paint or mask/veil  
 Insect replellent  
 Flashlight with colored lens, green or red (you can cut and glue one on)  
 Survival or combat knife or bayonet  
 Binoculars (compact)
 Some cord (at least 50')

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support Division
 Armed Corp                                                      
 Handgun (9mm or better) w/ ammo                        
 > Air Pistol (for training)                                            
 Radio*   Radio*
 Black Slacks   Camouflage clothing
 Patrol Cap*
 Concealed Carry License highly recommended    

Unarmed Corp
 Hunting and camping gear
 Survival and medical supplies
 Radio*
 Camouflage clothing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information Division
 Armed Corp                                                                                            
 Camouflage shirt, pants and jacket, Woodland type with Patrol Cap*                
 Camouflage Boonie hat                                                                                        
 > Rifle with ammo and/or Handgun   Radio*
 Air Rifle with ammo (for training purposes)    
 Backpack (enough for 3 days)    
 Binoculars    
 Radio*    
 Ghillie suits highly recommended (most under $100)    
 Handheld GPS    
 Compass
 Face paint or mask/veil  
 Insect replellent  
 Flashlight with colored lens, green or red (you can cut and glue one on)  
 Survival or combat knife or bayonet  
 Binoculars (compact)
 Some cord (at least 50')

Unarmed Corp
 Computer
 Scanning Equipment (police, cb, ham, weather)
 *Radio

Don't forget to check out the solar technologies available.  Google solar flashlights, solar lanterns, solar battery chargers.  They really work well!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking there was a facebook page for the ADF, but I think it was for the Arkansas Frontiersmen.  Different group I guess.

I might be willing to participate in something like that as long as they aren't all about .gov overthrow.  I've always believed in training occasionally, but not out conducting security on public or commercial property.  If someone had private land they wanted to do scenario training on, and they garnered group support from a preparation perspective, I'd be ok with that.

But the idea of a group that is prepared to execute government overthrow...  I'll pass.  

They claim they have good relationships with every local, state, fed LE agency out there, and they invite all of them to their events.... so who knows.  Best way might be to get to know these guys and make a decision for yourself.  Of course, that's what got Randy Weaver in trouble, meaning, you might get to know them too good before you make a decision... and before you make one, the LE is on you.  Guilty by association kind of thing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was thinking there was a facebook page for the ADF, but I think it was for the Arkansas Frontiersmen.  Different group I guess.

I might be willing to participate in something like that as long as they aren't all about .gov overthrow.  I've always believed in training occasionally, but not out conducting security on public or commercial property.  If someone had private land they wanted to do scenario training on, and they garnered group support from a preparation perspective, I'd be ok with that.

But the idea of a group that is prepared to execute government overthrow...  I'll pass.  

They claim they have good relationships with every local, state, fed LE agency out there, and they invite all of them to their events.... so who knows.  Best way might be to get to know these guys and make a decision for yourself.  Of course, that's what got Randy Weaver in trouble, meaning, you might get to know them too good before you make a decision... and before you make one, the LE is on you.  Guilty by association kind of thing.

You have a good point.

I want to do my part and help out in any way I can, because if I make this place just a little bit better my family and I benefit from it.

On the other hand, with the feds doing some crazy things lately, I don't want unnecessary attention.

In a SHTF scenario, having a team and network of people trained and willing to help would be a huge benefit over being all on your own, but no one knows what kind of SHTF scenario will play out.

I've been thinking pretty hard about this for several months. Judging from history, not having a set of balls never got anyone anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Arkansas frontiersmen has/had a bunch of felons involved, and the head guy kept talking all kinds of shit that someone from his claimed background should have known better. Frankly, I thought of them as a potential revenue source, but I figured out pretty quick things were going bad and bailed before I ended up on a list.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have a good point.

I want to do my part and help out in any way I can, because if I make this place just a little bit better my family and I benefit from it.

On the other hand, with the feds doing some crazy things lately, I don't want unnecessary attention.

In a SHTF scenario, having a team and network of people trained and willing to help would be a huge benefit over being all on your own, but no one knows what kind of SHTF scenario will play out.

I've been thinking pretty hard about this for several months. Judging from history, not having a set of balls never got anyone anywhere.

there are plenty of like minded people in the fourm.
just get to know a few and network with them....
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Arkansas frontiersmen has/had a bunch of felons involved, and the head guy kept talking all kinds of shit that someone from his claimed background should have known better. Frankly, I thought of them as a potential revenue source, but I figured out pretty quick things were going bad and bailed before I ended up on a list.

Someone ask if you wanted to make some "sawn off shotguns"?  

Watch yer six, Randy Weaver...
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#15]
UPDATE:

After many months of considering them, I finally joined this week. We had a meet and greet for people in my area tonight, and among some of the people there were a youth pastor from a local church here, 3 active LE's (a couple of them were in uniform) and the same two guys that taught my concealed carry class   Ages range from kids of 1 month old to people 80 years old.

They are requiring background checks to join, NO FELONS allowed, NO racist remarks permitted whatsoever and you cannot talk or even hint of overthrowing the government.  

They are all about giving back to the community from anything to security to volunteer work.  I'm glad I joined.

Arkansas Defense Force
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I was also debating on joining them.  May decide to join n the upcoming few weeks
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I, too, have been thinking about this. I saw a sign about them in a gun store close to where I live a few weeks ago while my brother in law and I were shopping for pistols.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#18]
We are in the "militia building".. phase again in modern society...
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I would recommend them. They are great people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top