Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2017 5:40:09 PM EDT
I live near Grand Island and know they go out to 600yds but wondered if anywhere else within 100 miles goes out past 1000yds?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
ENGC in Louisville, NE has 636 yds. No other recognized range that I know of goes to 1k or beyond. Your best bet would be to locate a farmer or someone with land who would be amenable to letting you shoot.

Some of the members here have family land, maybe it's worth trying to see about an ARFCOM LR Fun Day? No, not Mandatory Fun, actual fun. :)
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies!  That is unfortunate to hear about there being nothing public around

I have a friend who's cousin has a bunch of land down by Red Cloud that I did go shoot at for the first time last week out to 960yds and it was a blast!  He can supposedly get 1400yds+ but since it is pasture land and he is a farmer finding a time that he can do it and watching out for cows makes it difficult.  It took almost a month to arrange it this time and it was on a Thursday evening so I didn't get home until 11PM.

My Dad is a farmer too but we don't have that kind of distance available either that would be suitable to shoot on safely.

It appears that I will probably just wind up keeping my AIAT in 308 and sticking with 600yds for now.  If I can find a reliable place to shoot 1000yds then I will get a 260Rem barrel for it at that time and if I can find somewhere that I can shoot further then I will entertain trading the AIAT on a Barrett MRAD and adding 300NM to the list of calibers.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
i doubt these are within 100 miles, but here's a couple of options you may already know about.

anyone heard of 1K Plus near Lexington?

link

also found...

Mid NE Rifle and Pistol club near Broken Bow

link

i know nothing of these ranges, but have heard about them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The Broken Bow would be possible as that is right at 100 miles away but I will need to find out more info.

The Lexington range seems kind of spendy for how much I would use it.

Thanks for looking!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I should e-mail him.  I was thinking that was way out West but I could be wrong.

I don't know why I didn't ask him the other day when I was down there doing my Form 4.  They have built some nice rifles and those JAE chassis are very nice but $$.

If I ever decide to get a custom instead of my AI AT I will probably do a Bighorn TL3 and JAE chassis after messing with his a bit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:47:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Take a look at TIII Solution's calendar. They currently have ranges they hold classes at near Lewiston and Fullerton, and have a few new locations they're looking to get to use. Several of those locations are ELR capable.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:01:02 AM EDT
[#9]
https://frontiercountylongrangers.com/rifleman-team-challenge/
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for replies guys!

I will check into those options.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Our prize table for the RTC match is going to be really good. You're pretty much guaranteed to walk away with something.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I did check that out but I really don't want to compete.  I just want somewhere to shoot at casually especially since I am new to distances over 400yds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top