Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2017 8:41:09 PM EDT
I have a Smith & Wesson 45, 1911 that loves to toss a casing in my face once a magazine load or so.  Years ago I had one and it did the same thing.  Sent it back to smith and waited forever to get it back.  Really not looking for a long wait.  Didn't learn my lesson the first time I guess.  About 10 days ago I was shooting and my glasses must have slipped down my nose just enough.  Fired the pistol and a piece of hot brass jumped into my shooting glasses, coming to rest just under my lower eye lid.  I ripped my glasses off and starting jumping around like I'd been snake bit.  And yeah, I did receive a small burn.  Here's a picture of the Smith.

Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
From a 1911 Forum, S&W board it sounds like I need a longer ejector.  I know of Carl Jarl in Omaha and they could probably do it, but I'd be month or two without it.  I've had work done there, whilce satisfactory, take the time line they give you and double it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#2]
There's always cylinder and slide in Fremont.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's always cylinder and slide in Fremont.
View Quote
While I believe they do good work, you'll wait near a year to see your gun again.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Frerking Custom Works in Cortland does a lot of 1911 work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top