Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2017 10:19:30 AM EDT
Howdy all. I'm moving to the greater Omaha region this summer and don't know much about the area. Any good shooting range suggestions?
Primarily pistol and out to 100yd rifle.
Thanks and Cheers
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Eastern Nebraska gun club has out to 600 yard I believe.  In door, 88 tactical, Omaha gun club, Take aim and  Inner 10.

Across the river council Bluffs rifle and pistol out to 200 yards.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, good info. If you could only join one, which one would you join?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
skip the Bullet Hole.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on the part of town. Take aim in Bellevue is great, as is the marksman in Waterloo for those of us in west O. Both are indoor though and not 100 yds.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like there's a decent selection there.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:33:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#7]
Omaha Gun Club.  I haven't been there yet but my dad stopped in and took a little tour.  He was impressed and will go back to try it out.

For 100 yard outdoor your looking at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:34:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#8]
Double tap
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Bump for more options...will be rolling into town in a few weeks.

Thanks to all that have replied!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:30:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steelrain7557] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KBAD:
Bump for more options...will be rolling into town in a few weeks.

Thanks to all that have replied!
View Quote
I work at 88 Tactical as a range safety officer, upfront for the bias. As a shooter it's a great facility, pretty much one of a kind in the area as the building was built as a shooting range. We focus a bit more on the practical side of self-defense products and higher end boutique rifles and equipment. Primarily a training company, we offer something like 96 different classes many focusing on self-defense with and without firearms, and we do have an outdoor facility with access to 400 yard ranges in Tekamah, we run an open precision rifle day on Sundays. Check the website for details.

Take Aim is nice, I haven't been there in a while, but overall a solid range. Not a lot of product and I may be mistaken but last time I was there they didn't have an FFL.

Bullet Hole: Skip

Omaha Gun Club: New facility, from their FB pics looks like they converted a previous movie theater, so big plus there's a ton of space. They carry all the usual stuff, and they have a 50 yard indoor range as well as some cool rentals. They do all the typical intro classes, as well as CCW, and they do host some USPSA matches as well as a fun match during the week.

I have not been to Inner 10 but I've heard good things about them from co-workers.

Eastern Nebraska Gun Club: Extremely solid outdoor range, access to 600, 300, 100 and 50 yard ranges. I think they have 7 pistol bays and they are working on more right now. Membership entrance is 240 (120 Initial and 120 yearly) so if you shoot twice a month out there you'll get your value back compared to indoor prices. They host USPSA pistol and multi-gun matches there.

I haven't been across the border to Iowa, but they've got some solid ranges and USPSA matches within 2 hours.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for the bump, but as everyone else said, skip the Bullet Hole. Take aim is pretty decent, Bob (owner) is a great dude, Omaha Gun Club is pretty nice if you want an indoor 50 yard range.

Alternatively, you can always head down south bout half an hour and come shoot and drink beer at my place. I have a pistol range when crops are in and a rifle range when crops are out. I'm always down for meeting more arfcommers.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Inner 10 was nice. 50 minutes range time, two targets, and eypro and earpro rental was right around $20
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Did Take Aim close? I thought I saw a "For Lease" sign in front of it yesterday.

FWIW, I haven't visited a gun range yet. Need to fix that. Probably 88 or go with friends to Eastern Nebraska
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Did Take Aim close? I thought I saw a "For Lease" sign in front of it yesterday.

FWIW, I haven't visited a gun range yet. Need to fix that. Probably 88 or go with friends to Eastern Nebraska
View Quote
yes they did.  about a month or so ago.  it shocked several people.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Hit 88 Tactical. Impressive. Friendly staff, good range. Didn't see any bafoonery. One of the nicer ranges I've been to.
Would go there again, big +1
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 7:35:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TACTICAL] [#16]
Hit 88 Tactical. Impressive. Friendly staff, good range. Didn't see any bafoonery. One of the nicer ranges I've been to.
Would go there again, big +1
View Quote
Love their training classes and both the indoor and outdoor complex’s... Sometimes the “elite ness “ of the member side is a little heavy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:54:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Freyr:
Sorry for the bump, but as everyone else said, skip the Bullet Hole. Take aim is pretty decent, Bob (owner) is a great dude, Omaha Gun Club is pretty nice if you want an indoor 50 yard range.

Alternatively, you can always head down south bout half an hour and come shoot and drink beer at my place. I have a pistol range when crops are in and a rifle range when crops are out. I'm always down for meeting more arfcommers.
View Quote
Well, it's a couple years later but:
How far down south we talking?
What kinda beer?

It should be warmer in about six weeks and ifin' you aren't too weird I'll come down and shoot with ya.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I just moved to Omaha in January and try to regularly go to the bowling pin and IDPA matches that are at Inner 10 on mondays.  Really nice range and the owner is good guy.  I haven't had the money to get a membership at Eastern Nebraska but from what I hear it's a pretty great range.  In the mean time I've been trying to find a 100yd range to zero some rifles but they all require a membership.  Anyone know of a public range that's around 100?
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Rick_NE:

There's one near Council Bluffs(not public but looks like membership is cheap) somewhere but I don't know exactly where it is or if it has been effected by the flooding or not. http://www.cbr-pc.org/

Also there is a range near Wahoo, but don't know any details. http://wahoogunclub.weebly.com/contact.html
View Quote
CB range is in the hills no water issues.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Just FYSA...

Take Aim has closed down (I don't know why, but I'm told personal reasons so take it for what you will).

Athena Firearms has opened up in Take Aim's former building.  I haven't been there yet, but it appears that they sell firearms as well.  Has anyone been there yet?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#22]
@kbad
@steelrain7557

Thanks for the thread and information.
I was in Omaha this week and had some time. I went by Scheels, picked up some target ammo and headed over to 88 Tactical.
Nice range, friendly people, no jumping through hoops. Spent an hour there shooting.  I will go back next time I am in NE.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#23]
The drive to Lincoln for DE Guns is worth it if you want to get a few hours in. They let us set up 25, 50, and 100 yard targets on the same 3 lanes to do transitions too. Add to that the most impressive gun store in Nebraska.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top