Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 7:54:09 PM EDT
With the recent chatter about concealed blade carry in NE and the 3.5" blade length limit, does anyone have a legal definition of blade length? For example, would a folding pocket knife be measured from the pivot pin to tip, guard to tip, choil to tip? Also, it appears even shorter blades "may" be considered weapons under some circumstances.
Can a citizen even know whether he is obeying the law or not?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO, as long as your blade is under 3.5" you are ok, however, i am not a lawyer and i'm not that smart.

right now in the Unicam, "LB558 - Define the term knife for certain provisions of the criminal code" has been introduced and wants to fix the problem the NE Supreme Court started.

lots of good discussions going on in the NFOA Members Only forum.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I heard there was proposed legislation on the issue. I usually hit up NFOA on Mondays anyway, I'll check it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top