Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2016 5:56:06 PM EDT
A 5 hour energy drink. Vurt da furk is this shit?  The cashier informed me it was per Nebraska state law and it has been this way for a few years now...

ETA: I can't find anything about it in state law either.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard that before.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
What store and what town?

Call the manager and ask why. I've never heard of this one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What store and what town?

Call the manager and ask why. I've never heard of this one.
View Quote

A Casey's directly north across the pedestrian bridge from Memorial Stadium.

As it is in the north bottoms I suspect College/low income shenanigans or something might have prompted this.  I really couldn't find anything related to Nebraska state law.  And I don't really care it just made me go
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 4:06:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Cashier is stupid, it is a store policy at Casey's for certain energy drinks. Seems to not be widely followed.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]
lolwut
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Got carded for spray paint at Walmart the other day, suprised heck outta me! My local PD contact tells me that IS state law. I thought due to graffiti maybe? But he says due to huffing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got carded for spray paint at Walmart the other day, suprised heck outta me! My local PD contact tells me that IS state law. I thought due to graffiti maybe? But he says due to huffing.
View Quote

How do they pass this nanny state shit without us knowing?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

28-422
http://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=28-422
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
It really looks like they climbed through the chemistry section of a dictionary for that bill.

Anyway, I was 15 at the time it passed so I guess I had other things on my mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top