Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2016 2:44:01 PM EDT
Stay away from Husker Auto Group in Lincoln unless you are buying brand spanking new with a factory warranty.

Bought an '11 Equinox at the end of March, transmission went out Sunday. Was informed I could kindly pound sand.

New trans is $3500, or put another way, 31.8% of what I paid.

Used to be they would work with a guy on something like that, but ever since Berkshire bought them, service has tanked. I sure as hell won't be back.

Caveat Emptor, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]
i hear ya.  you have the worst luck with vehicles.  stay positive bro!
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I had phenomenal luck with me Impala. This Equinox, on the other hand...
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had phenomenal luck with me Impala. This Equinox, on the other hand...
View Quote

and i remember the motorcycle.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#4]
That was not my fault. That little cocksucker turned out in front of me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That was not my fault. That little cocksucker turned out in front of me.
View Quote

yep.  remember that too.

what are you doing for transportation now?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Borrowed a truck. Provided I can recover from this recent run of food poisoning, i'll be putting a transmission in this weekend.  Then it goes to Brad and the gang at Certified to be reprogrammed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I would stay away from Siemers also. T-case in a 4wd I bought there made all the right sounds, but did not engage. Called them the next day, 16 hours after the sale, and they told me I was lying. (they insisted it worked when I bought it). There was no oil in the case, and it had clearly been broken for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would stay away from Siemers also. T-case in a 4wd I bought there made all the right sounds, but did not engage. Called them the next day, 16 hours after the sale, and they told me I was lying. (they insisted it worked when I bought it). There was no oil in the case, and it had clearly been broken for a long time.
View Quote

Thats not the first problem I've heard about them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Baxter Jeep in Lincoln is screwing over a coworker of mine. He drove it in for an airbag safety recall three weeks ago, and it hasn't ran since. Will not start and Baxter says it will be over 2k to fix it, and its not a guarantee that it will work...
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Baxter Jeep in Lincoln is screwing over a coworker of mine. He drove it in for an airbag safety recall three weeks ago, and it hasn't ran since. Will not start and Baxter says it will be over 2k to fix it, and its not a guarantee that it will work...
View Quote

If they screwed something up during the airbag recall repair it's on them. Take it to another Jeep dealer and have it billed to Baxter.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If they screwed something up during the airbag recall repair it's on them. Take it to another Jeep dealer and have it billed to Baxter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baxter is the only one in Lincoln. With Omaha being the next closest. I think he filed something with the BBB and is seeking advice from an attorney. I told him he may have to shell out the money to get it fixed then sue Baxter in small claims for the reimbursement. It sucks though b/c he has a deployment coming up soon and we all doubt it'll be resolved before then.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#12]
IIRC all the jeep dealers in Omaha and Lincoln are owned by the same group, I think it is the Anderson family
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top