Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2016 3:16:27 PM EDT
I'm going to be driving up for the NCCC convention.  Anything I need to know about NE laws?  Omaha specific?

I have TX LTC which I believe NE honors.  I understand NE is a require to inform state.  I've heard NE does not have a "castle doctrine" nor "stand your ground".  I've also heard that any knife over 3.5" is verbotten, even with a LTC.  What about signs?  TX is pretty specific with 30.06/30.07 and 51% signs although there are some places which are forbidden that are not required to post.  What I've read is signs are not as clear there like places that would be considered 51% by TX standards are not required to post, but you still aren't allowed to carry there?  Also sounds like in NE you can't even have any residual alcohol in your system when carrying where down here you just can't be "intoxicated".

How strict are they about tint on out of state vehicles?  I have tint that is legal in TX but probably not up there (rear window is opaque from the outside and very dark from the inside, side windows are dark but translucent.  I know in Iowa (boo) where my parents live I run the risk they will ticket me or worse for it (even though their law runs afoul of Federal law), hopefully NE is more reasonable than the nannies in Des Moines.

What about exhaust?  My car's pipes are loud, but not painfully so - not an issue here in TX as there is no specific db limit, but I know some states have a set limit I might be pushing.

Am I misinformed about anything?  Anything additional it would be good to know?  Clarifications/comments?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Dig around and do some reading HERE.  

Yes 3.5" is max on knives.

Don't see how you could get a ticket for tint if it's legal in your state.   I don't think you'll get hassled about the exhaust or the tint unless you're driving around like an ass and bringing attention to yourself.

By the way what is NCCC?

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dig around and do some reading HERE.  

Yes 3.5" is max on knives.

Don't see how you could get a ticket for tint if it's legal in your state.   I don't think you'll get hassled about the exhaust or the tint unless you're driving around like an ass and bringing attention to yourself.

By the way what is NCCC?

View Quote

Made it there and back w/o issues.  Didn't get pulled over until we were back in TX...  Claimed 83 in a 75 zone and off with just a warning which was nice.

NCCC = National Council of Corvette Clubs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top