Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2016 3:10:48 PM EDT
How has everyone been fairing getting CLEO signatures?
I am in rural Lancaster County, so my first stop is the Sheriff's office.
How did you approach our sheriff?
Make an appointment?  Letter?
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How has everyone been fairing getting CLEO signatures?
I am in rural Lancaster County, so my first stop is the Sheriff's office.
How did you approach our sheriff?
Make an appointment?  Letter?
View Quote

I thought Lancaster wouldn't sign.....or maybe that was Lincoln police chief......?

Here in Sarpy I just walked in went up to the secretary and explained what it was and that I needed the sheriff to sign where I put the little sticky notes after he reviewed the paperwork.  I left my phone number in case they had any questions.  About 5 days later the secretary called and I went and picked it up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in Lancaster and have NFA items. I was always told getting a Cleo sig was impossible and went the trust route. But now that 41p has passed u may want to wait until July if u want to purchase an NFA item as an individual, since Cleo sigs will no longer be needed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I and other people have asked and was told flat out No.  Basically it was "I don't know you" ie - you're not part of the "good-boy club" or it was i won't sign off because i don't want to.  so, i got my trust and never looked back.  if i was you, get a trust ASAP and file a shit ton of F4's and F1's and get them in the system before the new rules take affect.  and i mean get them in tomorrow.

in July, when its a notification, it is better than a sign off, but more hassle.  i see lawsuits coming and i will donate when those lawsuits come about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top