Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm hitting up Thunder Alley in Lincoln on Sat. Got a co-worker who wants to test out some guns before he buys.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm hitting up Thunder Alley in Lincoln on Sat. Got a co-worker who wants to test out some guns before he buys.
View Quote

You mean you're ACTUALLY going to shoot a gun?
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha. You're hilarious. Yes, I will actually get to shoot my guns. My wife said I could.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Haha. You're hilarious. Yes, I will actually get to shoot my guns. My wife said I could.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For those of you who don't know Rob, there is much truth in this statement.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Controlled by the wife?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Controlled by the wife?
View Quote

sorta.  happy wife, happy life.

and very little free time between school, job working weekend nights and kids.  very little free time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can one of you Omaha, Papilion type guys help me out.  I used to live in Omaha a decade ago.  There was a gun shop in the Offutt area.  It was an old building, like a remodeled home.  Lots of guns all over.  Lots of old firearms.

I'll be in the Omaha area and thought I'd like to stop by, but i dont remember the name, so google isnt helping.

Anyone know if its still around?  Also the name?

Thanks!
View Quote

It is now a BBQ restaurant, I forget the name of the gun store but you described to a T. It is called Swine Dining now. The gun store was Old Fontenelle Gun Shop
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Can it decide if it's going to be warm or cold? I know it's only March, but seriously Mother Nature, get your shit together.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 3:46:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Less than 30 days before I get to come home and shoot some shit! I successfully replaced all the snow this year with sand!
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Less than 30 days before I get to come home and shoot some shit! I successfully replaced all the snow this year with sand!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't necessarily call that a win considering where you are...just sayin
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Going shooting tonight. Got my new SBR all put together.

ETA:

Sun Devil Billet Lower
RRA Soft grip and Operator Stock
Geissele S3G
10.5 inch 1/7 Barrel, FSB
Daniel Defense A1.5 fixed rear sight
Trijicon MRO with 1/3 co witness riser
Double Star free float tube with a piece of pic rail attached
Streamlight TLR-3
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Cold, windy as shit but burned up about 100rds of 9mm in the G19 and 60rds through the new SBR. Really love the S3G. Very easy to shoot doubles.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm, tax free pay, hazordous duty pay, AND only working 12 hr 5 days on 1 day off shifts!!! Compared to the other four times I've been here this is paradise! Lol jk.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:52:51 AM EDT
[#15]
That's a really well done SBR. It seems kinda loud though...

Totally unrelated to SBR's, does anyone need 1000 S&B large rifle primers? I bought large rifle instead of large pistol so I have no use for them...
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's a really well done SBR. It seems kinda loud though...
View Quote

Ya I need to get or make a can for it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I really want an Ops Inc M4-S to put on mine, but they're virtually impossible to find these days...  Not particularly effective but they just look so at home on an SBR as they only add 1 inch to the overall length!
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Who's going with me?  Just a few tickets left.

http://www.okrunngun.com
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm im kinda excited. My wife and kids are going out of town for a weekend coming up and i have plans to meet up with a buddy and shoot a Barrett 50cal. I'll bring some nice toys as well, but I'm pumped. It won't happen til may 1 but itll be fun. Since that's a Sunday, I'll have to go somewhere on Saturday too.

See I get out to shoot once an awhile.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm im kinda excited. My wife and kids are going out of town for a weekend coming up and i have plans to meet up with a buddy and shoot a Barrett 50cal. I'll bring some nice toys as well, but I'm pumped. It won't happen til may 1 but itll be fun. Since that's a Sunday, I'll have to go somewhere on Saturday too.

View Quote

Make sure to post pics!
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure to post pics video!

ok, after getting rained out TWICE, my buddy and I are set up for some shooting this Saturday AM.  it'll be hot, but worth it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ok, after getting rained out TWICE, my buddy and I are set up for some shooting this Saturday AM.  it'll be hot, but worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure to post pics video!

i forgot to post pics!

the toys.  left side was my friends and the right side is my stuff.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Went shooting today, extractor retaining pin sheared into 3 pieces.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#25]
RANGE 15!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Went shooting today, extractor retaining pin sheared into 3 pieces.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hmzoxv.jpg
View Quote

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bolt-Carrier-Group-MPI-Auto-M16-p/bcm-bolt-carrier-group-auto-mp.htm
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Oh ya, already bought a new bolt, I fixed this one but it'll become a backup part. Ironically that is an MPI bolt. Apparently no QC on the pins though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Can one of you Omaha, Papilion type guys help me out.  I used to live in Omaha a decade ago.  There was a gun shop in the Offutt area.  It was an old building, like a remodeled home.  Lots of guns all over.  Lots of old firearms.

I'll be in the Omaha area and thought I'd like to stop by, but i dont remember the name, so google isnt helping.

Anyone know if its still around?  Also the name?

Thanks!
View Quote

I know this is a late reply  but I believe the place you are describing is/was the 'Old Fontenelle gun shop". No idea if it's still around since I haven't been there in probably 15yrs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#30]
My stock should be at Manners right now. Then it's off to CDI, and then down to my gunsmith for a bedding job.

I might get to shoot it again sometime in September.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My stock should be at Manners right now. Then it's off to CDI, and then down to my gunsmith for a bedding job.

View Quote

So it's now October. I finally got my stock back. Won't be shooting it anytime soon thanks to Manners. (long, annoying story)

Anyway, scored a beautiful spot for deer this season, top of a terrace with milo at my back (out before season), three waterways meet at the base with a single stand of trees, and about 75 yards away is the only large water source for about a mile. I've got a max shot of about 420 yards corner to corner with terraces beyond, but I'm setting up for maybe 200 yards tops. There have been 3 large bucks sighted in the are within the last 3 weeks, so here's hopin i get to punch a tag this year.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So it's now October. I finally got my stock back. Won't be shooting it anytime soon thanks to Manners. (long, annoying story)

Anyway, scored a beautiful spot for deer this season, top of a terrace with milo at my back (out before season), three waterways meet at the base with a single stand of trees, and about 75 yards away is the only large water source for about a mile. I've got a max shot of about 420 yards corner to corner with terraces beyond, but I'm setting up for maybe 200 yards tops. There have been 3 large bucks sighted in the are within the last 3 weeks, so here's hopin i get to punch a tag this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice! I don't have much land to hunt but the spot im hunting this year hasn't been hunted on since 2013. And I too have been seeing some nice bucks on the cameras! Its tucked into some trees with a deep ravine that separates some apple trees and a small field of corn, and the only spot to cross is right where my stand is! Max shot of maybe 25yds.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I haven't hunted since I was in school for a couple of years, but now I'm done. But now I'm looking for jobs, so I doubt I'll get to go again this year. Oh well.....

Oh, Rob A from Exeter Arms must be out of jail. He posted on his Instagram yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Hunting season is almost boring here in western Nebraska. Drive out to meadow, get out, shoot deer, drive truck to deer, take it home.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I haven't hunted since I was in school for a couple of years, but now I'm done. But now I'm looking for jobs, so I doubt I'll get to go again this year. Oh well.....

Oh, Rob A from Exeter Arms must be out of jail. He posted on his Instagram yesterday.
View Quote

How do you even know this?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I followed him years ago and Instagram said he posted. Some random notification.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#38]
What's going on in here?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What's going on in here?
View Quote

Nothing good I can tell you that much.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's going on in here?

You had my interest, but now you have my attention.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Just FYI, Inner 10 indoor range off on 90th & Military opened a few days ago.  I'll take the pistols and lady up there this week at some point, I'll let you know how it is.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#42]
This is incredible, I've never seen so many gun ranges open up in such a short time.  Omaha, for once, actually has gun ranges!!  And one with a 50 yard indoor range to boot!
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#43]
So, I was looking for local FN dealers and I went to their website's dealer locator and I noticed a certain someone on their list....

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:14:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So, I was looking for local FN dealers and I went to their website's dealer locator and I noticed a certain someone on their list....

<a href="http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/unionlexararma2/media/fc1e2612-08ba-4375-821e-614c82664371_zpsomuojuqe.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/unionlexararma2/fc1e2612-08ba-4375-821e-614c82664371_zpsomuojuqe.png</a>
View Quote

ha!  google "exeter-arms.com".
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Went to Inner 10 indoor range last Thursday, 89th and Military.

I like it.  Staff seemed decent enough, the range itself is VERY nice.  The display/programmer on each lane is pretty awesome.  Shot normally with the girlfriend for a few mags, then started running shooting programs.  Target would go to 7 yards, show itself for a few seconds, then turn to the side.  It'd wait, turn itself so I could shoot, then turn back to the side.  Then moved to the 3 and did the same thing.  I was impressed with it.  My only negative was it seems quite a bit louder than Take Aim or Bullet Hole, but it's a pistol-caliber only range for me, I also belong to ENGC.  I'll be going back there a few times a month.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#47]
I like the new ease of picture posting. The rest will take some getting used to.

2015 rifle season at the Valentine Refuge with my son. He has graduated HS and is 2/505 at Bragg now. I knew that quality time was going to be scarce when I took this. I even got a little misty when he looked at me and said "Dad, this is one the most beautiful sights I've ever seen."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I like the new ease of picture posting. The rest will take some getting used to.

2015 rifle season at the Valentine Refuge with my son. He has graduated HS and is 2/505 at Bragg now. I knew that quality time was going to be scarce when I took this. I even got a little misty when he looked at me and said "Dad, this is one the most beautiful sights I've ever seen."

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49272/20151114-164842-95410.jpg
View Quote

Gorgeous pic! Can't wait for mine to be old enough to hunt.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49272/20151114-164842-95410.jpg
View Quote

Awesome. I love living in the Sandhills. Glad you and your son had a good time.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#50]
So, dumb question time. I think I'm missing something here:

28-1203.

Transportation or possession of machine guns, short rifles, or short shotguns; penalty; exception.

(1) Any person or persons who shall transport or possess any machine gun, short rifle, or short shotgun commits a Class IV felony.

(2) The provisions of this section shall not be held to prohibit any act by peace officers, members of the United States armed services, or members of the National Guard of this state, in the lawful discharge of their duties, or persons qualified under the provisions of federal law relating to the short rifle, short shotgun, or machine gun.

Does this mean SBR and SBSs are verboten in NE?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top