Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2015 12:15:13 AM EDT
I really appreciate the assistance everyone, we're having a fairly large family reunion and my brother and I were discussing our options to protect our families. I have a SD permit, but of course that does me no good in Nebraska, and from what I've learned in the last 2 hours Googling, a loaded SHOTGUN is a big no-no, however handguns and long guns can be loaded?

Basically, I just want to know if I throw my AR in the trunk, with no mag loaded and rifle completely empty, am I good to go? Would I be better just tossing an unloaded handgun in the trunk?

I know "concealed means concealed", but I do refinishing on the side, and am not too enthused with the prospect of risking my FFL over a misunderstanding of firearms laws. THANK YOU!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You can open carry here and rifles can be loaded in vehicles.  Just don't conceal your pistol and you're good to go.  I always have a loaded AR in the pickup.  It's squished between the console and the passenger seat.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you! I wasn't sure how it was being that I wasn't a resident. I'm assuming it's ok to have my AR in the truck, they're not going to consider it "concealed"? If I feel the need, I may just grab my XDS9 and use the cheapie polymer holster it came with, as it's relatively unobtrusive and wouldn't be as noticeable as, say, my 9 1/2" Single Six in a leather holster on my hip haha!
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are coming to the Valentine area to float the Niobrara no here is going to give a shit about a rifle in your trunk or in the seat next to you. You are legal. If you get stopped, inform them of the weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top