Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2014 11:00:10 PM EDT
I am in need of some hunting boots for this rifle season and was wondering what you guys recommend here for nebraska winters. I was looking at lacrosse areohead boots in 7mm but am wondering if they would be warm enough. Trying to stay around the $150.00 range. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what side of the state you are on but it's been so warm here on the eastern side I'd just go with a lighter weight boot.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear Lowa Zephyrs and very good socks most of the winter.  I work outside a lot.  If I'm going to be stationary for a long time I wear the Danner 400s.  I have the 800s but they are heavy as shit.  

Socks are really the key to warm feet.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:36:10 AM EDT
[#3]
A lot of places have Danner Pronghorns on sale because Danner just updated them. I just got a pair for less than $90. They retail for like $180 so its a great deal. Search the web for them, they are the older generation, not the brand new ones. I know I have seen them at Scheels and Cabelas on sale too recently.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
My feet used to freeze and I tried everything. I now wear the Meindl Perfekt Hunters boots from Cabela's with a medium weight sock and then put the Icebreaker Boot Blankets on when I get to my stand.  Feet stay warm for sure but this set-up will be considerably more than $150.
It would be the best money you ever spent though.

If you don't want to/can't spend a lot on boots at least make sure to buy the Boot Blankets!!!  Wear whatever can get you to your stand without having your feet sweat and then put on the boot blankets. Not having your feet sweat on the walk in is the most important thing to keeping your feet warm.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are in the S.W. part of Nebraska I would suggest snake boots. My dog killed a snake just the other day, February.
Be careful, I have seen rattlesnakes 4 inches long to over 5 feet long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top