Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2014 11:51:21 PM EDT
I am looking at a possible C5-6-7 fusion, looking for any recommendations from real world experiences, I'm in Valentine but I'd drive anywhere to get a good doc.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I had Dr. Noble do my L4/L5 Microdiscectomy about 5 years ago.  He was great, even called me from his vacation a couple weeks later to make sure I was doing ok.   He's based in Lincoln but it looks like he has a North Platte office too.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Dr. Doug Long in Omaha.  I work in hospital and had to seek surgery advise.  I went to the surgery floor and asked a few of the older nurses, who would you let operate on your mother or daughter.  Every one of them answered Dr. Douglas Long.  

Not only is he a great surgeon.  He has great bedside manners.  It seems the two seldom go hand in hand.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Tim:

I deal with several spine surgeons throughout the area on a regular basis.  In the east, I would personally see Dan Ripa in Lincoln or Doug Long in Omaha.  If I was going to stay out west I would see Steve Beer in Cheyenne, William Biggs in Ft. Collins or Tim Watt in Rapid City, SD.  Now over a beer in private I can tell you much longer list of who I would never see.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tim:

I deal with several spine surgeons throughout the area on a regular basis.  In the east, I would personally see Dan Ripa in Lincoln or Doug Long in Omaha.  If I was going to stay out west I would see Steve Beer in Cheyenne, William Biggs in Ft. Collins or Tim Watt in Rapid City, SD.  Now over a beer in private I can tell you much longer list of who I would never see.  
View Quote

I'd buy ya a bunch of beer to hear that list.
I still can't decide what to do, the current surgeon I am seeing is in Kearny(Benevides); and I'd be looking at 16 weeks of down time from my job and a loss in range of motion. Right now I am just sucking it up.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I still can't decide what to do, the current surgeon I am seeing is in Kearny(Benevides); and I'd be looking at 16 weeks of down time from my job and a loss in range of motion. Right now I am just sucking it up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tim:

I would not have any surgery whatsoever done in Kearney.  I don't trust that hospital one bit after my father in law's heart surgery there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top