Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2014 8:05:24 PM EDT
I'll be in Hastings at the end of August for a regional match.  Is there anything I absolutely need to see or do while I'm there. Any particular places I need to eat at or avoid? Any help would be great.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Alrighty then.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm about an hour away from Hastings.  There's really nothing to see or do in Hastings.  Grand Island has some decent restaurants.  The Barrel Bar in Hastings is pretty decent for food.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I guess it's good that there is nothing close by worth doing or seeing. I should concentrate on shooting well and less on the neat shit in the area. Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#5]
How close is that to Harold warps pioneer village?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How close is that to Harold warps pioneer village?
View Quote

All I know is that Hastings is pretty damn close to Greenlief Training Site because that is where we're shooting.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are into history/cars and such...the Harold Warp Museum is just west of Hastings in Minden, NE.  I was there last year with my kids and they loved it.  There is the Cornerstone Grill in Minden...in the square around the courthouse which I thought had very good food.

In Grand Island is the Stuhr Museum...lots to see there and pretty interesting. Definitely go and check out Hornady...I grew up in Grand Island and worked at Hornady when I was in college during the 80's.  Unfortunately...eating in Grand Island has come to be a choice of chain restaurants.  They do have some good Mexican food places...Tacos Las Palmas is one off the top of my head.   If you like coney dogs...the Coney Island Lunch Room in downtown Grand Island is like traveling back in time.  Has been around since 1933 and run by the same family...in 1933 a coney dog was 5 cents and a t-bone steak was 35 cents.  

I hope you enjoy your trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top