Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

anyone feel like carpooling?  i have no rush to get back into town after the shoot and wouldn't mind sticking around to help clean up or shoot the stages again, if we are allowed too and if i have ammo left over.  i have spots for 5 or 6.  ill post this on NFOA too.
View Quote
Iwouldntknow is riding with me from Lincoln.  I have room for a couple more people too.

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
A little preview of one of the obstacles that we built for this event. I think we are going to call the color "Safety Blue"

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A little preview of one of the obstacles that we built for this event. I think we are going to call the color "Safety Blue"

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/q83/s720x720/10470928_718118954914381_1528465779309887237_n.jpg
View Quote

Please tell me there's no stairs.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/q83/s720x720/10470928_718118954914381_1528465779309887237_n.jpg

Of course there aren't stairs.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snakes? Unmarked holes? Mud on the edges?
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#6]
So who wants to grill for lunch?  I can bring my table top grill, and everything for the burgers.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So who wants to grill for lunch?  I can bring my table top grill, and everything for the burgers.
View Quote

i'm game.  do you need me to bring anything?
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we wanted breakfast somebody would have to bring a hot plate or bigger grill. I'm not a very good breakfast cook, but I could definitely bring some good bacon. I don't know what kind of sodas people would want, so if we figured that out I could at least get a few cases. I don't have a cooler, and I'm no sure  where the best place to get ice would be either.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a large red white and blue cooler. I can fill it with ice from a gas station. Anything else? BYOM?
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#10]
So are we a go for grilling?

Ill have a large cooler with ice.  Whats everyone bringing for food?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm bringing burgers and buns and stuff to cook them with.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#12]
anyone going to wear a go pro? im planing on bringing mine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like we still have 3 spots left now that Stutz had to pull out. If you guys know anyone else interested send them my way.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh crap, i was really hoping to meet Stutz.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#15]
will there be a short sight in time?  i just ordered an Aimpoint PRO and it should be here on Fri or Sat.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

will there be a short sight in time?  i just ordered an Aimpoint PRO and it should be here on Fri or Sat.
View Quote

If you get it by Friday I think I'm going to be at the Ikes range first thing Saturday morning.

Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Ill be working sat morning and watching the baby after that. Id let you shoot it, but ill want it zeroed with my can on.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Oh crap, i was really hoping to meet Stutz.
View Quote

You won't be missing anything.

I forgot about a memorial we have all weekend.  My son and I were really looking fwd to it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can work in a 30min block for confirming zero but it wil be a strict 30min. l
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#20]
*** Weather Update ***

Its raining pretty steadily here in Bennet, but I really do not want to call the shoot off or reschedule it. With that said, as long as the road down to the range isn't so muddy that people are going to get stuck and tear it up really bad we will try to push through the bad weather. The forecast is saying 40% chance of rain tomorrow and 30% chance on Sunday so make sure to bring your rain gear. I will try to make sure we have some sort of tent or overhead cover as well. I will update this thread when we get closer and are able to make a definite call.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#21]
See my signature line.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I will seriously cry if we dont have this comp.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Thats way better than me. I used my rangefinder to go out exactly 50 yards and was high left on paper. must have been pushing the trigger, the more i shoot my glock the more i want something different... my ar was dead on at 100 tho. until i started shooting faster. my dang gas block keeps moving and i have no idea why!!!
View Quote

Did you get your gas block figured out?

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thats way better than me. I used my rangefinder to go out exactly 50 yards and was high left on paper. must have been pushing the trigger, the more i shoot my glock the more i want something different... my ar was dead on at 100 tho. until i started shooting faster. my dang gas block keeps moving and i have no idea why!!!

ya i think so. i drilled new dimples and found some new set screws. it worked fine at the black rifle challenge but we were shooting pretty slow there. i might bring my dpms as a backup just incase tho...if we done get rained out
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I need to get this patch.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Shooting in the rain is awesome.  Except for the whole stripping down your guns after.  But the shooting part is awesome.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Stutz can attest to my dedication to shoot no matter what...we have only cancelled one course ever and he was there when we did. We still ended up shooting for about 2 hours screwing around, just didn't actually do any formal teaching. It was blowing about 40mph and raining pretty hard and steady, hailing in the morning as we were getting started.

Anyways, I am going to go ahead and say we are a go for tomorrow. It is nice and sunny now so unless it just turns to complete crap I don't see us having any issues.

Everyone needs to meet at the shop NLT 7:45am tomorrow morning. We will try to leave by 8:15 to catch any stragglers that show up late. Its only a 5 minute drive to the range so we should be able to be getting started by 9am.

I will email everyone tonight to confirm this information in case they aren't checking this forum or NFOA.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#28]
YEEEEE-HAW!!

ill bring some extra hotdogs and buns in case someone forgets their food.  my cooler will be full of ice for anyone to use to keep drinks/food cold.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Here are the videos i took of the shoot. next time i think i will wear my gopro on my head instead of on my chest.

Carbine Shoot Video 1

Carbine Shoot Video 2

Carbine Shoot Video 3

Carbine Shoot Video 4
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here are the videos i took of the shoot. next time i think i will wear my gopro on my head instead of on my chest.

Carbine Shoot Video 1

Carbine Shoot Video 2

Carbine Shoot Video 3

Carbine Shoot Video 4
View Quote

Cool videos. That grass is really healthy looking. Anyways it was super fun and i will most definately try to do it again.... and this time i wont aim usin a 25 yd zero as 100 yd zero and i have to conquer my pistol trigger jerking.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Lots of fun. Trying to figure out how to blur out ID, then I'll be uploading my videos. I would ask that if you have a video with the back of my helmet visible, that you blur it somehow.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lots of fun. Trying to figure out how to blur out ID, then I'll be uploading my videos. I would ask that if you have a video with the back of my helmet visible, that you blur it somehow.
View Quote

Super secret stuff.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Well it sounds like everyone had a pretty good time so that's good. If anyone has any suggestions for improvements please email me and let me know so that these continue to get better.

I did already have a great suggestion that I am running with. CS-IV will be a 2-man buddy team shootout and I am super excited about it so I'm thinking about scheduling it sometime in September or October. I have already started designing stages for it in my head, it should be even more challenging with a buddy team because we can add some more complex elements to it.

Also for the next one, if anyone is interested in helping to RO but not shooting let me know. I have to throw out a huge thank you to CJ for giving me a hand this time, it ran way smoother having someone their to help me out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#34]
csIV sounds awesome! how exactly would the buddy shoot run? are you thinking the entire shoot running with a buddy?

personally i really liked Fort Smurf, and would like to do more shooting behind barriers and multi-level structers that force you to shoot in unnatural positions.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

csIV sounds awesome! how exactly would the buddy shoot run? are you thinking the entire shoot running with a buddy?

personally i really liked Fort Smurf, and would like to do more shooting behind barriers and multi-level structers that force you to shoot in unnatural positions.
View Quote

I agree, moar obstacles.

The two-person team sounds fun.  

If you're willing to have one of the shooters help RO I could do it.  I'm an NRA certified RO, but I want to shoot too.  :)

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Less pistol
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Less pistol
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh, and we need more machine guns.  Preferably crew served.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes.. teams would rock and more obstacles. Im going to really work on my trigger jerking. Ill do the next one if i can.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Oh, and we need more machine guns.  Preferably crew served.
View Quote

!!!THIS!!! lol

i disliked the long range pistol shooting, but maybe that was just cuz i didn't hit anything

GREAT course though, i already recruited a buddy to shoot with me for the next time! lets just hope Iraq doesn't need aireal refueling support and i have to leave later this year!
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#41]
i think THIS would be a cool idea!
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#43]

I'd rather not be muzzle swept by my fellow shooters, thank you very much.

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Seriously, I really like creative stage designs like we had at this match.  Not every stage needs a "gimmick", but a little variety is fun.  6 stages of nothing but "engage targets as you see them" gets kinda old.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I am still pissed at someone for the fact that I didn't make it.... Happy wife = something.....that's what I told myself Sunday

I am in for the next one....Need to recruit a partner but that can be worked out.... If we do it in October it can be my birthday present to me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am still pissed at someone for the fact that I didn't make it.... Happy wife = something.....that's what I told myself Sunday

I am in for the next one....Need to recruit a partner but that can be worked out.... If we do it in October it can be my birthday present to me.
View Quote

if i can go, you can be my partner.  the first two stages i got like 0 points, but still managed to get 7th.

Dave, will our scores or times be posted so i can see how well i did?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

ya no joke. that is just asking for someone to get accidentally shot!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

if i can go, you can be my partner.  the first two stages i got like 0 points, but still managed to get 7th.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect we can conquer the middle of the pack!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but...the mission is more important than our lives!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think you need a permit to be as operator as those guys. im supprised they dont do the ole soviet roll to kneeling move
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top