Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2014 6:13:56 PM EDT
Just curious what other training options there are in and around the Omaha area for handgun and AR (not concealed carry classes). I have checked out the Tactical 88 site. I am considering signing up for one of their classes but was curious about other options out there as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
DC Precision and MWTS also have classes. What are you looking to learn?
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, what are you looking to learn?
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
DCPrecision is GTG.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Just looking to see what is out there. Nothing in particular.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 5:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just looking to see what is out there. Nothing in particular.
View Quote

Pistol, rifle, home defense, competition, hunting?
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Pistol and rifle. More practical or tactical in nature.  I am not new to shooting. I have shot in the Cornhusker State Games, CMP, etc.

I have actually been looking at the Magpul Art of the Handgun, etc. DVDs. While not as good as in person training, they seem to have great reviews on this site. Anyone here watch any of them?
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pistol and rifle. More practical or tactical in nature.  I am not new to shooting. I have shot in the Cornhusker State Games, CMP, etc.

I have actually been looking at the Magpul Art of the Handgun, etc. DVDs. While not as good as in person training, they seem to have great reviews on this site. Anyone here watch any of them?
View Quote

Yes. They teach firearms manipulation, not fight winning tactics.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've got them and they're good videos, but you can't train on videos.  Hit up a local trainer and get some actual good from it.  You'll get a ton more from actually being on the range than you will from watching the video 20 times.   The guy I recommended earlier is well worth your time.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
DC Precision and MWTS also have classes. What are you looking to learn?
View Quote

This.  Both very good dudes and trainers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#10]
You just missed out on Youtube they must have just found them in the last few days and forced the guy to remove them. Someone had the first disk and part of the second updated Magpuls handgun. I liked the videos. Tt was a lot of basic stuff it would be good knowledge to have for prior to taking a class.  I would really like to take a basic carbine class with the DC guys but TIME, MONEY, and SCHEUDLING is always a issue.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Im hoping to do around two carbine or pistol classes this summer. DC is on top of my list.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually, I just checked out DC Precision and MWTS and they both look like decent options. Thank you for the referrals.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for DC Precision. Good guy and really affordable. You get the added benefit of going back for the same class whenever you want after paying just once.
I took the Carbine intro class and we shot quite a bit of pistol too. Lots of fun.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#14]
DC Precision

Signal 88

MWTS

Precision Response Training

All four of these have good reputations.  I've only done training with MWTS and I would definitely recommend him, but I do know the guy who owns Precision Response and he's a damn good shooter.  He kicks my ass regularly in USPSA and Multigun matches.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#15]
DC Precision definitely made me the carbine shooter I am today, lots of good training.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#16]
DC and American Reaper Arms are thinking of doing a sub machine gun course.. is this some thing that would interest anyone? We would supply the guns unless you have your own of course.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Me, me, me, me!!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Not signal 88 unless you want to be trained to be a security guard.

88 tactical however is the real deal and know what they are doing with experience in every field. Little pricey, but well worth the price.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

88 tactical however is the real deal and know what they are doing with experience in every field. Little pricey, but well worth the price.
View Quote

Aren't they the same outfit?
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They used to be. The owner sold off the security franchise portion to do the training side full time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top