User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/18/2014 12:20:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
HOLY CRAP!!

but... on FB, they posted something about everything 10% off.  it was 2 hours ago.

and i just found out that Rob and I are no longer friends.... weird.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Good.  That fuckstick needs to go back to inspecting power poles.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Worst gun dealer in Nebraska.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I always stop and look at their table at gun shows and their stuff typically seems to be pretty overpriced.  I've only ever bought one thing from them (my first stripped lower several years ago) but I've heard plenty of horror stories.  For a long time they were just about the only game in town for NFA stuff.  Luckily we have some good NFA dealers now like American Reaper and Moeller Arms.

Between all the stories of people not getting the items they paid for and now failing to pay sales tax I wonder if they've been cooking the books and it's catching up to them now.

Link Posted: 1/19/2014 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Official word from Exeter Arms on Facebook:

Exeter Arms
4:31pm
We are having some tax issues. Nothing to do with a raid by the atf. We are open as notmal. Not a member of the message board. Could you please spread the word it's only a tax issue and its being worked on.

I know that some of you have your own opinions about Rob, et al.  I, personally, have not had any problems when I have dealt with them on a few items.  With that said, I though it would be important to at least share their side of the story.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Exeter Arms
We are having some tax issues. Nothing to do with a raid by the atf. We are open as notmal. Not a member of the message board. Could you please spread the word it's only a tax issue and its being worked on.

I know that some of you have your own opinions about Rob, et al.  I, personally, have not had any problems when I have dealt with them on a few items.  With that said, I though it would be important to at least share their side of the story.
View Quote

I'd love to hear the "official story" from Rob.  He's pretty good at making up "official" sounding stories.  I'm half tempted to do business there again just so I can hear about his hitman days.  That guy is a liar and a fraud.  No one should ever do business there.  Exeter Arms needs to go away.

Weird that this is your fourth post and you're here to defend him.  Are you the newest employee?
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Haha...nope, not an employee.  I haven't posted a lot because I spend most of my time on other boards to be honest.  

I've had no problems dealing with them in the past, but I understand others have.

I just thought some people might want to hear what they had to say since I actually bothered to ask instead of just repeating rumors.

Sorry to get in the way of the pitchforks and torches....sheesh.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Haha...nope, not an employee.  I haven't posted a lot because I spend most of my time on other boards to be honest.  

I've had no problems dealing with them in the past, but I understand others have.

I just thought some people might want to hear what they had to say since I actually bothered to ask instead of just repeating rumors.

View Quote

It's not pitchforks and torches.  Ask Rob about the time he was lined up for a hit in Maryland and was driving his Caddy under his German passport and got pulled over by the MD state patrol.  He was on his way to go kill someone, or so he says and got pulled over and only had his German passport.  

Ask him...This is a story he told me and a friend of mine while we were there buying a couple breakdown survival 22s.  Go ahead, ask him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow.  Gotta say I haven't heard either of those stories in the couple times I was in the store.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wow.  Gotta say I haven't heard either of those stories in the couple times I was in the store.  
View Quote

He has an unfortunate tendency to misappropriate the objective facts
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Or, ask him about his Ferrari Tesorossa  that I mentioned. It was supposedly his daily driver for a few years, but after 70k miles, the maintenance wast too much so he sold it.  It's a great story.  I heard the story as he was telling it to Pete Ricketts at last year's spring Gun Show in Fremont....  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not pitchforks and torches.  Ask Rob about the time he was lined up for a hit in Maryland and was driving his Caddy under his German passport and got pulled over by the MD state patrol.  He was on his way to go kill someone, or so he says and got pulled over and only had his German passport.  

Ask him...This is a story he told me and a friend of mine while we were there buying a couple breakdown survival 22s.  Go ahead, ask him.

Or, ask him about his Ferrari Tesorossa  that I mentioned. It was supposedly his daily driver for a few years, but after 70k miles, the maintenance wast too much so he sold it.  It's a great story.  I heard the story as he was telling it to Pete Ricketts at last year's spring Gun Show in Fremont....  

I hadn't heard that one.  I don't know why the truth is such a tough deal for him.  He really had a pretty good business going.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Exeter Arms
View Quote

If it really is a sales tax issue, if he doesn't have perfect records showing tax collected on sales and use tax paid on qualifying purchases, and the remittance thereof, he's gonna be in a world of hurt.  Not jail or anything (probably), but state auditors can bring down some significant penalties and interest.  If he has a good bookkeeper, it may just be an inconvenience for him and nothing more.    

I wonder if this was a random audit, if someone dropped a dime, or if there were shenanigans on his forms.  I hope he's nice to them.  I've heard stories that assholes who don't have their books in order tend to get visits from other agencies once the tax guys are done.  Completely coincidental, I'm sure.  

As an accounting geek, I'm curious how this will all go down.  Much of his merchandise has to be logged in to his bound book, so there is a pretty good record of what came in and when it went out.  If stuff was logged out but no invoice exists because it was paid in cash and wasn't reported, that could get hairy.  I don't know the rules about who can view an FFL's bound book.  I don't know if a court order would be necessary.    
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I had a friend buy a suppressor from Exeter. I didn't know it until after the fact, otherwise I would have stopped him. It took a couple years but he finally received it. From the stories I was told during his ordeal it almost seemed like Rob was play a shell game with paperwork/serial numbers.

I was also told that at the last gun show in Holdrege a bunch of guys out on the main floor had signs up warning people not to do business with Exeter. He was set up in the back room just like he always is.

Edit to add, I didn't make it to the Holdrege show, it's just hearsay.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#18]
i got two NFA things from him.  he was always straight with me, but his stories got better (read: more improbable) each time.  he said he was in the Special Forces and tried to buy a camel from some guys in the desert but then stole it at night and shot it point blank and his team and him ate it.  at least that's what i was told.....

yes actual story.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i got two NFA things from him.  he was always straight with me, but his stories got better (read: more improbable) each time.  he said he was in the Special Forces and tried to buy a camel from some guys in the desert but then stole it at night and shot it point blank and his team and him ate it.  at least that's what i was told.....

yes actual story.
View Quote

That's actually one of his more believable stories.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I had a friend buy a suppressor from Exeter. I didn't know it until after the fact, otherwise I would have stopped him. It took a couple years but he finally received it. From the stories I was told during his ordeal it almost seemed like Rob was play a shell game with paperwork/serial numbers.

I was also told that at the last gun show in Holdrege a bunch of guys out on the main floor had signs up warning people not to do business with Exeter. He was set up in the back room just like he always is.

Edit to add, I didn't make it to the Holdrege show, it's just hearsay.
View Quote

Pretty much all the gun shows in the Eastern part of the state have vendors with signs warning about Exeter.

If he's playing fast & loose with serial numbers that's going to come back to bite him, especially if his tax problems cause other agencies to start looking deeper into his business.  He might have to go back to being a HALO jumping special forces hitman.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Crap!  I just put it all together!  This wasn't an arrest, it was all just a clever ruse to bring him in for briefing.  He's part of the civilian massacre planned for tomorrow:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1580187_Is_the_tinfoil_too_tight__What_say_you_.html

He doesn't drive an SUV that looks like a Hummer with roll bars, does he?

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I heard a rumor tonight that Exeter Arms hasn't paid sales tax in two years.  The guy also said that Rob may be a former felon and everything is in his wife's name.  Is there any way to verify any of this?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#23]
i know their company is called H&R Armament.  (Hope and Rob).

i wonder if he'll be at the Lincoln Gun Show.  I'll poke around if i find time away from the NFOA table.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I heard a rumor tonight that Exeter Arms hasn't paid sales tax in two years.  The guy also said that Rob may be a former felon and everything is in his wife's name.  Is there any way to verify any of this?
View Quote

If that's true then the youtube videos of him shooting an M60 at a tannerite filled car could be very incriminating.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#26]
http://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/exeter-gun-dealers-face-felony-tax-evasion-charges/article_7ee9aa88-f2e1-5d54-aa5e-85f5c6d49d04.html

I'll just leave this here...

I don't think either one of them were felons before, but with the accusations that are thrown around in that article, one or both might be eventually.   It seems like they had a really good thing going, and with numbers like that they should have been able to play it straight and still make plenty of money.  Too bad if it's true. :(
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
http://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/exeter-gun-dealers-face-felony-tax-evasion-charges/article_7ee9aa88-f2e1-5d54-aa5e-85f5c6d49d04.html

I don't think either one of them were felons before, but with the accusations that are thrown around in that article, one or both might be eventually.   It seems like they had a really good thing going, and with numbers like that they should have been able to play it straight and still make plenty of money.  Too bad if it's true. :(
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A husband and wife who own a gun shop in Exeter face state felony charges for allegedly failing to pay sales tax, evading income tax and filing fraudulent income tax returns.

The Nebraska Department of Revenue says Rob and Hope Androyna took in $3.78 million from their business, Exeter Arms, from 2009 to 2012. That included nearly $200,000 in local and state sales taxes, but they failed to turn that money over to the state, Revenue Inspector Marcus Ford said in an affidavit written in support of warrants issued for the couple's Jan. 16 arrest.

The affidavit says the couple also failed to report profit, income or wages from the business until they filed their 2012 income tax return in October 2013, when they were under investigation by the Revenue Department.

Also, the document says, Rob Androyna got unemployment payments in 2010 and 2011, a time period during which the Revenue Department estimates the couple would have had income of $445,215 and $398,363, respectively, from the business.

The department estimates the Androynas owe the state $281,238 for back sales taxes, with penalties, and $198,571 for income taxes, with penalties.

They started the firearm business in their Exeter home in 2006, and sold guns, ammunition and accessories to customers across Nebraska. They often sold at guns shows and in 2011 opened a store in Exeter.

State court documents do not mention federal tax issues, and no federal charges had been filed against the couple as of Thursday. A spokesman for the Internal Revenue Service said federal law prohibits the IRS from commenting on individual taxpayer situations.

Rob and Hope Androyna each face five felony charges in Lancaster County Court and each posted 10 percent of $2,500 bonds on Tuesday.

A call to Exeter Arms on Thursday went unanswered. When reached on his cell phone, Rob Androyna hung up and did not return a message left requesting comment.

A post on the Exeter Arms Facebook page says this: "I see lots of crazy rumors swirling around out there. We are open for business as usual with the same great selection and same great deals."

Fuck this guy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#28]
You guys need to copy the journal star link and post it in every comment box on their FB site.  They have banned me from commenting now.  I was doing it in every post they made.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#29]
so, do you think we can get some great deals on NFA stuff?  

what if you have pending paperwork??
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#30]
I would love to see everyone come together and not buy a thing at his "Sale" let him get stuck with it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You guys need to copy the journal star link and post it in every comment box on their FB site.  They have banned me from commenting now.  I was doing it in every post they made.
View Quote
So tell us how you really feel about him

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I was hiding it pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Also, the document says, Rob Androyna got unemployment payments in 2010
and 2011, a time period during which the Revenue Department estimates
the couple would have had income of $445,215 and $398,363, respectively,
from the business.
View Quote

That right there says everything I need to know about him.

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I JUST picked up my silencer from him on Wednesday. I am insanely lucky that I got the one i paid for. Hell, I'm lucky I got it at all!!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can't even find their FB page now. Did they take it down?

Quoted:
Also, the document says, Rob Androyna got unemployment payments in 2010 and 2011, a time period during which the Revenue Department estimates the couple would have had income of $445,215 and $398,363, respectively, from the business.

Agreed. What a scumbag piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

They must have been getting tore up on FB today.  I can't find it either.  Some of the other NE gun pages on FB are hating on him pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Couldn't agree more. I've got so many stories I could tell about him, not only how he treated me but also others who bought from him.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm really glad we've gotten some other good dealers who have their shit together.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I'm really glad we've gotten some other good dealers who have their shit together.
View Quote

Yeah, I haven't even made it out to his store yet, but I shot in a match last fall with Scott from American Reaper and he's a heck of a nice guy.

Rod at Moeller Arms is good people too.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah, I haven't even made it out to his store yet, but I shot in a match last fall with Scott from American Reaper and he's a heck of a nice guy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it. The wall of guns is reminiscent of a video game armory.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hoping he calls me with my first goodie relatively soon.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:23:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Went through Exeter this morning and the shop was closed.  Website and FB page are both down.

Anyone hear anything more on this?  People I know in Exeter said that Hope was arrested at Casey's and put up a fight and got proned out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#45]
The more I hear about them the more it seems like they're just not right in the head, either one of them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No kidding.  Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Went through Exeter this morning and the shop was closed.  Website and FB page are both down.

Anyone hear anything more on this?  People I know in Exeter said that Hope was arrested at Casey's and put up a fight and got proned out.
View Quote

I always thought Hope was nice.  She was on the local FD/Ambulance and was a EMS (not sure EMT or Paramedic) instructor last I spoke with her.

Rob not so much  I'm just glad I got my suppressor back in 2008 without any hassle.

ETA: Their website is down now too.....hmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#50]
My wife informed me that Rob looks like Gru.

Gru:

Rob:

Has the moon gone missing?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top