Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Steve, from Omaha.  Just turned 21, have no shooting experience at all, though I've done a ton of 'research' about the firearms I want to own in the future.  Dad has 5+ .22 pistols/rifles, we're heading out to the Bullet Hole in the near future for some fun.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
Steve, from Omaha.  Just turned 21, have no shooting experience at all, though I've done a ton of 'research' about the firearms I want to own in the future.  Dad has 5+ .22 pistols/rifles, we're heading out to the Bullet Hole in the near future for some fun.

Shoot some of dad's .22s then pick up a 9mm auto or .38 revolver.

.223 ARs are easy on new shooters too.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi all! Im Caleb. I grew up in the Topeka area. I have spent the last few years traveling the world on uncle sams dime and now im stationed in Omaha. I have been here four months now and i have to say im very impressed with Nebraska. Green grass, a reasonable cost of living and there isnt a ocean separating me from home.

One of my first priorities when i got here was to find a gun store to get a gun fix, so i will probably run into a few of you at The Bullet Hole sometime.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By rtintwo:
Hi all! Im Caleb. I grew up in the Topeka area. I have spent the last few years traveling the world on uncle sams dime and now im stationed in Omaha.

Thank you for your service, and your continued service!
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm Clay from South O. profession: equity & options broker.

New C&R license this summer. My first buy was a TTC Tokarev from SOG. Getting your guns thru the mail is AWESOME!

Goals: SBR, AOW, Suppresor tax stamps.

I'm taking the class for the CCW in October,

Looking for a good painless ffl transfer gunshop: Is Sol's any good in the Omaha area, or how about Bud's Gunshop in Bellevue?

I don't like paying $12/ hour to go to the range. Where's the closest WMA to go shoot? I've heard about Hamburg Bend WMA. Is that the closest to Omaha?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
hamburg's the closest to omaha that allows target shooting.

and bud's in bellevue is great to work with. on new stuff, just have him order it.  he can really do some great pricing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks ferret!

I was checking all the forums before we fueled up and headed south to hamburg bend.

I'll stop by and talk to Bud, he sounds like an alright guy!
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Mike from Omaha. Grew up in NW PA. was able to shoot anywhere or time I wanted to. This took some getting used to. Will have to check out Hamburg Bend.
Link Posted: 10/6/2008 9:33:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: strat81] [#9]

Originally Posted By mtncrash1:
Mike from Omaha. Grew up in NW PA. was able to shoot anywhere or time I wanted to. This took some getting used to. Will have to check out Hamburg Bend.

What brought you out here?  My wife and I are considering moving to NE PA.

Welcome to the board!
Link Posted: 10/6/2008 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#10]
USAF back in 85. Never thought i would stay this long. NE PA is just as nice as the NW but too close to NYC for me.( no offence to NYC)
Link Posted: 10/6/2008 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By mtncrash1:
USAF back in 85. Never thought i would stay this long. NE PA is just as nice as the NW but too close to NYC for me.( no offence to NYC)

Thanks for your service.

Incidentally, I grew up in NYC.  I understand your disdain.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#12]
No thanks is needed. The thanks needs to go to those who served and are serving durring war. They are my heroes. I served during peace time and was lucky.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I grew up in rural North Central Oklahoma, shot anytime, anywhere i wanted. never even worried about a hunting license (as long as we were on our own land) carried a pistol on my hip since i was about 11 years old. when we went to town, we took them off and left them on the truck seat. that was a looooong time ago!

my momma had some rules in the kitchen: no guns at the dinner table, wear your shirts, no hats at the table. be polite, almost everything is finger food unless we have company.

when i lived in OkC (Okla city) we always went and shot at some county land ne of guthrie. never thought about it. moved from okla just as they got the ccw law.

yeah, takes some getting used to, doesn't it?

got confirmed for the ccw class october 25th & 26th!
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok so if the weather holds tomorrow my son and I are going to Hamburger Bend. But first will go to Wesfair gun show and see what kind of new toys we might not be able to live without. Will probably get there somtime after noon depending on howw long it takes to find the right place.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 9:45:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mtncrash1] [#15]
Son and I made it to hamburg bend yesterday. Didnt find south entrance but still able to shoot. Also ran into capnklay. Nice to meet people from the site.
Son with bushmaster m4
me same gun
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Mtncrash,
It was great to meet you and your son!
I'll get some of the pics we took on my God-Son's camera up this week
Link Posted: 10/24/2008 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry for not getting the pics up.

It has been a very interesting and historical time in the market.hingsZOMBIE TARGETS!

I've got my ccw class this weekend.
I'll submit the application to troop A in Omaha on Monday.

I'll pick up my permit to transfer handguns (the card that lets you buy pistols in omaha) from douglas county the same day. I already did the paperwork last monday and haven't been able to pick it up yet.

"These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with guns. " - Crazy Earl, "Full Metal Jacket
Link Posted: 10/25/2008 11:07:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mtncrash1] [#18]
Hey you could of had them mail your buyers permit to you. I cant always find the time so when I renew mine thats what I do.Takes about 3 days.Godd luck on the ccw class.
That is also a state reg now. You need that no matter where you buy. The only thing Omaha has that is theirs alone is if you live int the city limits you have to register a hand gun before picking it up from a dealer in the city limits. I always buy outside the limits and register them after I have taken possesion.
Link Posted: 10/31/2008 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I am "hinky" about US Mail.

We had a 4 year old in our neighborhood - a "free range" child. she wandered around everywhere with out an adult.

The neighborhood started noticing that mail was missing and switched and lost from mail boxes.

You guessed it, The Free range 4 year old was playing with the mail!!

If at all possible. I want to pick it up myself or have it delivered by a courier like DHL, FedEx or UPS (I know I have to wait for my CCW in the mail - that will be maddening)

If it hadn't been covenant I wouldn't have come back on Monday. I work a 4 day week and am off Saturday - Monday. I do all my family business and errands on Monday and was planning on being in the area.

The buyers permit was waiting for me at the sheriff's office. No problems there.

I did great on the CCW class! All my rounds on the qualifying FBI "Q" target could be covered by your hand. The Tokarev shoots low for me, so the holes were all in the bottom half of the Q and lower.

Jeeze that was fun!

I THOUGHT I was all ready to submit my CCW ppwk to the state patrol and then realized I needed to have a birth certificate. I had to send back to Oklahoma for it and got it Wednesday.

I've got all my ppwk ready to submit to the state patrol on Monday. <whew>

Then we wait.

Yeah, I'm gonna buy from outside Omaha and then have 10 days to register it with the PD.

I still need to get with Bud in Bellevue and see how much he'll charge me for FFL transfers. I've got my eye on ordering a RIA tactical.

I mean, the Tokarev is good gun for now. 1400 - 1500 FPS for the winter time to punch thru all the layers of insulation and winter clothing is a great idea.

It's been a long time since I owned something that shot "flying bathtubs" and have a real hankering to get hold of a 1911 klone again!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Randy here live in Plattsmouth, 20 miles south of Omaha,
Purchased my first AR a week ago bought a 18" Free Float Bushmaster M4 type, yet to break her in. Looking forward to meeting fellow 2nd Amendment Shooters, have been active in getting Plattsmouth's No Concealed Ordinance changed and am on Board for Nebraska Firearms Owners Association (NFOA) we are just getting this off the ground and will post more when web, site is up.
Plattsmouth has some Government land south of the highway Missouri River bridge app. 3 miles will have to do some checking on availability for shooting. I do like to reach out and shot at ground rats in S.D. with my Weatherby 26" bull SVM in .223 so long shots get me a little excited.
Otherwise
Have Guns Will Travel
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By Hatchet1961:

Randy here live in Plattsmouth, 20 miles south of Omaha,

Purchased my first AR a week ago bought a 18" Free Float Bushmaster M4 type, yet to break her in. Looking forward to meeting fellow 2nd Amendment Shooters, have been active in getting Plattsmouth's No Concealed Ordinance changed and am on Board for Nebraska Firearms Owners Association (NFOA) we are just getting this off the ground and will post more when web, site is up.

Plattsmouth has some Government land south of the highway Missouri River bridge app. 3 miles will have to do some checking on availability for shooting. I do like to reach out and shot at ground rats in S.D. with my Weatherby 26" bull SVM in .223 so long shots get me a little excited.

Otherwise

Have Guns Will Travel
'Bout time you join us here....

Rick(FarmerRick on CCWNE and NFOA)

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Let us know about that land. Would be alot closer than NE city.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Tracy in Omaha here. I lurk quite a bit. I am also on the CCW Nebraska forum under TW62T. I own one Armalite AR and I also assembled a 20 hbar A3 with a Superior Arms lower. I love this disease we call BRD.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Bob, born and raised in South Omaha, yea I'm an S.O.B. but moved just oustide city limits about 5 years ago. Do most of my shooting at my sisters place near Schuyler. She has about 300 acres. Can shoot a long way.
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I am seeing a lot of new members popping up on the EE from NE. Please check in here guys, quickest way to meet someone local and start connecting. I hear RickNE is always up for a good time.
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm Tyler from Papillion, it's nice to see some other locals afflicted with BRD.
Link Posted: 12/3/2008 12:49:28 AM EDT
[#27]
eric from seward. hunt and shoot on some nice farmland. gettin ready to go to iowa state next year for aerospace engineering.

just got my younger brother into the hobby. he likes my wasr
Link Posted: 12/4/2008 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Jim from Ohiowa.  Big on the second amendment.  Not big on govt.  Thought I was a conservative, but if they would get rid of the drug thing I would definitely be a libertarian.  Raise cattle and am almost always better armed than the local le.
Link Posted: 12/4/2008 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Is anyone in this place from out west beside me?
Link Posted: 12/5/2008 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm 45 miles south of York.  More west than east.  Ask the easterners they'll tell you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2008 10:47:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LitlRat] [#31]
Originally Posted By jcmar15:
Is anyone in this place from out west beside me?

Redline is from Valentine, I live by Amherst, some of the other towns are North Platte, Alliance, and Cozad. And I almost forgot, some asshole from Imperial.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 12:55:10 AM EDT
[#32]
asshole from Imperial? I'm from Imperial
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh, Sorry.

J/K, I looked back and found out where you were from.
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#34]
hahaha I thought thats what you did but I didn't know if maybe there was someone else from Imperial
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Glad I'm not from Imperial, I might qualify for that title..

I'm somewhere shooting stuff between Lexington and Holdrege.
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#36]
That's where the hoot-owls fuck the prairie chickens, isn't it?

Going to the Holdrege show?
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Sean from Omaha here.

I'm new to the world of gun owners, always was into guns and liked shooting at camp, but only just recently bought my first gun. I got a Bushmaster Gas Piston Carbine, m4 style. I'm trying to find some good outdoor ranges around here, the only ones I've found are members only or small indoor ranges.

I've never hunted or anything like that but I'm open to trying it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Jason from Omaha checking in. i am a member of the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club and would be happy to bring someone as a guest if you need a place to shoot. ENGC is a great club and welcomes new members.

Merry Christmas and may your stockings be filled with Ammo.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 2:15:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Hi everyone, Mark in Milligan checking in.  I like to hunt, fish, shoot, and tinker with guns in general.
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Krylancelo:
Sean from Omaha here.

I'm new to the world of gun owners, always was into guns and liked shooting at camp, but only just recently bought my first gun. I got a Bushmaster Gas Piston Carbine, m4 style. I'm trying to find some good outdoor ranges around here, the only ones I've found are members only or small indoor ranges.

I'll be other adult in Hunter Safety along with you and the 12 year olds.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2009 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GIO:
Jason from Omaha checking in. i am a member of the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club and would be happy to bring someone as a guest if you need a place to shoot. ENGC is a great club and welcomes new members.

Hey Jason, I might take you up on that. I've seen the pictures on the ENGC website and I really wanted to go... My issue is I'm not an NRA member yet...
Link Posted: 1/1/2009 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By strat81:
Originally Posted By Krylancelo:
Sean from Omaha here.

I'll be other adult in Hunter Safety along with you and the 12 year olds.  

Haha! Yeah, I really wanna get into some training/classes. I'd love to take a tactical rifle class, a hunting class, CCW class, etc... Just need to get a few things handled before I can really do that... Like stop being lazy and get my license converted to a nebraska one! :P
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 3:07:34 AM EDT
[#43]
sup guys, new member here. i'm in midtown omaha. previously owned a M&P15 but trying to get my truck sold so i can snag a colt 6920 before the 20th.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 12:33:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GIO:

Dan from Omaha.  I'd like to take you up on that offer!
Link Posted: 1/28/2009 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Ryan from North Platte

Dont do much shootin around here, but when I go to KS..........
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 5:39:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Tony from Lincoln, originally from Columbus.

Haven't gotten to get and shoot much lately since they closed off the Branched Oak area since people can't pick up after themselves.  Issac Walton is down the way, but don't really feel like paying dues.

If anyone has a spot around here, IM me and maybe we can go shoot sometime.
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Dave in La Vista/Papillion Area. Active Duty stationed at Offutt. Just picked up my first AR...a DPMS classic 16. Currently fighting the BDR and the urge to start modding it....I havent even fired it yet. I will probably be at the Bullet Hole this friday morning attempting to get it sighted in. Very interested in Hamburg Bend....someone at work told me about it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2009 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Hi, I'm Greg and I'm in Alliance
Link Posted: 2/13/2009 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Hey,

Cam in Blair;  originally form Stapleton out west.  I just purchased my first AR in November.  I like target and varmint shooting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2009 1:28:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Restless] [#50]
Brad from Omaha, anyone got some space outdoors we can make a racket, e- mail me.

PRVI 5.56 inbound.
And beer on hand ( beer NOT mandatory of course).

It's just nice being outdoors having a couple is all.

My future father-in-law has a KILLER handgun range on site
( basically on the roof of his house) it's so cool,  but he's a private kinda guy.

So sadly no guests
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top