BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By Griffin83:

Hey all...

Lived in Nebraska my whole life and residing in Lincoln, Nebraska.  

Welcome aboard Griffin

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Hello all. New guy here in Omaha.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By freebullet:

Hello all. New guy here in Omaha.
View Quote
Hi new guy

Is that your name? New Guy???

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Griffin83:
Hey all...

Lived in Nebraska my whole life and residing in Lincoln, Nebraska.  

View Quote

Hey. Wish CRC still held some sort of competition. I don't have the money to travel to the Sectional or Area.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Hello, I'm from Norfolk. I've creeped for a long while here and just recently registered.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey all! Joshua here, Moved to Nebraska City from the horrible state of California in December! Shoot me a PM to go shoot! I'm still looking for new places to go shoot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Portagee_Infidel:
Hey all! Joshua here, Moved to Nebraska City from the horrible state of California in December! Shoot me a PM to go shoot! I'm still looking for new places to go shoot.
View Quote

Have you joined the Nebraska Firearms Owner's Association (NFOA)??  do it!  there is also a forum there which is pretty cool.  glad you made it out of Kali.

we do need a hometown shoot....
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome!!!!

As rob says, get signed up at the NFOA

http://nebraskafirearms.org/
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]
In from lincolnr. Been around for awhile mainly lurking... just made my way in here tonight... game is umm yeah...
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Jamon, from Valentine.

Tim, also from Valentine, built my AK-74.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Hello everyone, I'm David. I've been in Nebraska for about a year and half now. Started my own training company DCPrecisionLLC earlier this year so check us out if your interested.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Howdy!  John from Pawnee County.  Creeped this site for a quite a spell, finally decided to sign up.  Like to hunt deer, coyotes, dove, coons.  Have quite a few rifles, among them a Romanian WASR, a Rock River, a DPMS, and another AR build in process.  Would love to hear some leads on prarie dog hunting from you western folks.  Also would have some questions for anyone who has had any experience in restoring neglected rifles... like say the rusted barrel of a Tokarev SVT40 found inside of a wall in a house that was being torn down
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 1:42:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Hello everyone.  Add another Tim to the Nebraska list.  Born, bred, and raised in Omaha.  Guilty of lurking most of 2013 and waiting to join so I wouldn't be a 13er.  Yes, I'm a chicken.  I know.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By Mothball72:

Hello everyone.  Add another Tim to the Nebraska list.  Born, bred, and raised in Omaha.  Guilty of lurking most of 2013 and waiting to join so I wouldn't be a 13er.  Yes, I'm a chicken.  I know.  
View Quote
Welcome Tim

Link Posted: 1/12/2014 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Hi folks, my name is Mark and I'm in North Platte.  I was born and raised in New York City, but got out of there when I was 18.  

I'm a fond of glocks, ruger revolvers, aks and ars.  

Due to my job, I kinda roam around from NP to Mccook, Ogallala, Valentine, Kearney and Omaha.

Does anybody have a decent spot around NP to shoot?  Life kinda sucks since Box Elder was closed to shooting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks Rick!  I should have thought to check there, I've been a member over there for a few years...I'm not real active though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep not really new, but new to NE.  Just moved out to the panhandle and wondering where there is out there to do some 3Gun, and if anyone does any long range shooting?
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By EricF517:
Yep not really new, but new to NE.  Just moved out to the panhandle and wondering where there is out there to do some 3Gun, and if anyone does any long range shooting?
View Quote

The only 3-gun I know of is in GI, ENGC, and Broken Bow, all of which are decidedly far from the panhandle.  

But, *someone* has to do some 3gun or even action pistol match out there.  Maybe check the gunshops near Alliance, Scottsbluff, and Sidney?  

If there really isn't anything organized, you may have to find a hospitable range and organize it yourself.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By EricF517:

View Quote
The club in Alliance does a ton of long range shooting.  I don't know anyone out that way that does action shooting, though.

http://www.alliancerifleclub.com/

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Hi everybody. My name is Austin. Moved to NE about a year ago from CT. Grew up in KS, glad to be home to the midwest. Living in Papillion now. NFOA member. NRA member.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By fesak454:

Hi everybody. My name is Austin. Moved to NE about a year ago from CT. Grew up in KS, glad to be home to the midwest. Living in Papillion now. NFOA member. NRA member.
View Quote
Howdy neighbor!!!

Millard here

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm Brett, I just moved to Omaha from central Iowa a few months ago.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By E2095:

View Quote
Welcome Brett!

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By E2095:
View Quote

Hello!  Welcome to the "big city"
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#27]
My name's Stephen.  Ive been stationed at Offutt since '06.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By JERKYBOYXIII:

My name's Stephen.  Ive been stationed at Offutt since '06.
View Quote
Hi Stephen!

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Im brandon from Offutt. Been here since 2010.

I own a Mosin 91/30  and an Ak-74, so most of my time is spent on the AK side of this board.

Found this page through google looking for outdoor ranges where i can shoot steel core.  Seems like just from the first page of this thread the WMA by NE City is the way to go.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Hello all, my name is Kevin Summers. I just moved to Nebraska, bellevue to be more specific. I am currently building my first ar and am only a couple pieces away from my first test fire.

I was wondering if anyone has been to Hamburg bend recently? I have read a few things on the other forums about it but all of them are a couple years old. Is it still a good place to go shooting, I really don't like indoor ranges and the limited distances.

I really look forward to talking with y'all and learning some stuff about my ar.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Welcome two new guys

Make sure to sign up at www.http://nebraskafirearms.org/

Its free
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#32]
My name's Andrew. Work at the NE Air Guard base in Lincoln. Have been lurking on this site for a couple months now. Started my first AR build about the same time, just need to anodize and assemble to be finished. Was a shotgun guy shooting trap most of my life but recently turned to hanguns/rifles.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Name is Scott. I am in Grant working for a custom gun shop in Elsie, Hatcher Gun Company.  Moved here in 2012 but apparently forgot to update this thread till now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Hello all.  My name is Tony. I live in Lincoln. Have a small Hunting retail shop in Lincoln. Looking to start stocking guns. Do have FFL for a few months now, just not stocking guns. Been doing transfers and ordering guns for customers.  Minaska Outdoors is the name of the business. Stop by and check us out if you are around.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Ive been to Minaska a few times. Glad to have you guys here. Make sure to join the NFOA if you havent already. And im still waiting for the second installment of Crumbling Coons.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By Mocalls:

Hello all.  My name is Tony. I live in Lincoln. Have a small Hunting retail shop in Lincoln. Looking to start stocking guns. Do have FFL for a few months now, just not stocking guns. Been doing transfers and ordering guns for customers.  Minaska Outdoors is the name of the business. Stop by and check us out if you are around.
View Quote
I think you need to send me one of your e callers to try out

Welcome aboard Tony

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm Patrick from Auburn. Moved here about 3 1/2 years ago from Illinois. Just starting to get back into shooting again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Names Dave, live in Lincoln. I know the Dirty Hands Rob and a few more of you yahoos. Finally got around to making my presence known.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Yay!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm Dustin, from Kearney. I shoot USPSA (Limited 10- Major) as much as I can. Wanting to get a 11.5" SBR.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Mark, from Lancaster county. How's everyone's opening day going? I spotted one deer a bit past 200y but the snow made visibility so poor I let him go. Just home now and fixin' to hose everything with WD40. Try 'em again this afternoon.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Been a little quiet here Greetings from Omaha.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 1:08:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rick_NE] [#45]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Good evening, my name is Jonathan. I found this site and have been off an on for a little. Decided to join and learn! New to black rifle market so I am excited to be part of a community with those who know what they are talking about.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Jarem08:
Good evening, my name is Jonathan. I found this site and have been off an on for a little. Decided to join and learn! New to black rifle market so I am excited to be part of a community with those who know what they are talking about.
View Quote

awesome!  welcome to the club.

have you joined the Nebraska Firearms Owners Assocation (NFOA)?  you should do it.  100% free, 100% volunteers, nearly 9,000 members.  nebraskafirearms.org  they have a talk forum over there as well.  the Full Members section of the NFOA has more traffic now since the Unicam is in session.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:

awesome!  welcome to the club.

have you joined the Nebraska Firearms Owners Assocation (NFOA)?  you should do it.  100% free, 100% volunteers, nearly 9,000 members.  nebraskafirearms.org  they have a talk forum over there as well.  the Full Members section of the NFOA has more traffic now since the Unicam is in session.
View Quote
Thank you. I am still trying to figure out the site (it is a little deeper than I originally thought)! I have heard about them, but I have not joined them yet. It is on my thoughts to do that. I am also thinking about joining GOA (Gun Owners of America). The best thing about this is it is free. I have had a conversation in the general section of the Hometown so I am gaining knowledge in this market.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:47:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lone_Gringo] [#49]
Hello fellow Nebraska residents.  I came across the hometown forum and wanted to check in.  Im near the Lincoln area, been at Thunder Alley and Izaak Walton.  Is there any other recommended ranges in the area with 100 yard range?

Joined NFOA per Rob.  Thanks Rob
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Lone_Gringo:
Hello fellow Nebraska residents.  I came across the hometown forum and wanted to check in.  Im near the Seward area but spent quite a bit of time in Lincoln.  Been at Thunder Alley and Izaak Walton.  Is there any other recommended ranges in the area with 100 yard range?
View Quote
welcome aboard!

for ranges with 100yds... the only place off the top of my head is Izaak Walton or ENGC near Louisville.  both are pretty nice.

have you joined the Nebraska Firearms Owner's Assocation (NFOA)?  it is 100% free and volunteer based.  we are trying to get State Preemption passed right now and the NFOA has its own forum as well.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top