Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/8/2008 11:31:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LitlRat]
I know a lot of us do not want to give out any more info on the internet than absolutely necessary, but I do not know anyone else on this board personally.

So here goes:

Scott from Amherst. Like to do gun shows, hunt deer, coyotes, prairie dogs. Set up at gun shows in Kearney, Hastings, GI, Broken Bow, North Platte,  Seward, Lincoln, Tulsa.

My table at the shows always has an American Flag. Stop by and introduce yourself. Next show will be Hastings for me, north room, west wall, just south of RR hall.

Opening up a gun shop as soon as my FFL is approved.
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Rich from Hamilton County.  Born and raised in NYC, never shot a gun until I moved to Nebraska.  I have never hunted a single animal but that may change, who knows.  I enjoy gun shows but I try to avoid the ones in oppressive cities like Kearney & Hastings.

Scott, what do you sell/offer/give away/do at gun shows?
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Brad, stationed at Offutt AFB in Bellevue. Looking for a good place to shoot that isn't indoors and doesn't charge an arm and a leg to be a member.

I really miss the free range I used to use when I was stationed at Whiteman AFB in Missouri.

If anyone has any good info please shoot me message.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm Jake i go to School at UNL but i'm from Imperial
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm Todd from Grand Island.  Love to hunt for most anything and love to fish what water is left in the western part of the state.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Ususally high end guns. MSAR 556's, Benellis, Sigs, custom knives, you know, the shit that doesn't sell here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By soldier1181:
Brad, stationed at Offutt AFB in Bellevue. Looking for a good place to shoot that isn't indoors and doesn't charge an arm and a leg to be a member.

I really miss the free range I used to use when I was stationed at Whiteman AFB in Missouri.

If anyone has any good info please shoot me message.

We'll have to introduce you to Hamburg Bend WMA.  Free, lonely, and a nice open range.

Dan from Bellevue
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 1:19:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Erich from Bellevue. any other questions just ask
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 2:15:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Dave from Bellevue, and I'll throw in another vote for Hamburg Bend.

One of my next trips to Lowe's I'm going to pick up the stuff to make some of these target stands. www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu24.htm
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#9]
what is this Hamburg Bend you speak of? sorry im new to the area. also that stand is pretty sweet may have to make one also
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 3:13:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Hamburg Bend WMA (Wildlife Management Area) is a spot just outside Nebraska City. WMA's are owned by the State Department of Natural Resources and allow target shooting on their land unless specified otherwise.

Hamburg Bend is one that's close to us and it's a decent plot of land. You can really reach out and do long distance work if you want. There's not even a reason to let the weather stop you - bad guys won't wait for nice weather to start a fight. The first time we went out there it was about 10 degrees with blowing snow.

Here are some pics of the good times we've had there.

Link Posted: 2/14/2008 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#11]
that place looks great, how far is it from here? And i def have to get together with you guys ive been lookin for people to go shooting with. Are you with the Sarpy County Sheriffs Dept? Im trying to get on with OPD.
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By enasty7:
that place looks great, how far is it from here? And i def have to get together with you guys ive been lookin for people to go shooting with. Are you with the Sarpy County Sheriffs Dept? Im trying to get on with OPD.

Yep, that's what the SCSO stands for in my user name. Hamburg Bend is about an hour away. Hooking up for a shoot sounds great, I've been itching to get back down there. I'm expecting a barrel from CMMG any time now to complete my AR pistol build, so we'll definitely be going out to break it in.
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Mike from Papillion.  Hamburg Bend sounds like the ticket.  I'm tired of shooting indoors and  don't really want to pay $100+ for Weeping Water Gun Club.  I wish Grand Island was closer.      I heard they have a new outdoor shooting complex that sounds really nice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#14]
ya i do all of my shooting when I go bad to Imperial on my shooting range that I've been building i'll try to get some pic's sometime.
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Engineer5:
Mike from Papillion.  Hamburg Bend sounds like the ticket.  I'm tired of shooting indoors and  don't really want to pay $100+ for Weeping Water Gun Club.  I wish Grand Island was closer.      I heard they have a new outdoor shooting complex that sounds really nice.

It is nice, 6oo yd range. For large caliber center fires.  It's not that nice when it's 10 degress though.....   Hurry up spring
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Mark from Offutt.  Soon to be Fort Meade, Maryland.

Tomorrow I've got a crew from base coming with me to the Fremont gun show.  Sunday we'll be at Hamburg Bend with an assortment of happy fun time noisemakers.

Anyone wants to join us at either event feel free to PM me.  Those who know where to go for Hamburg, we'll be at the South end (the entrance furthest from OPPD) arriving between 11 and noon.  Those who don't know where to go are welcome to call me either for directions or a place to meet us before we head out and you can follow us there.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By huskerpower1:

It is nice, 6oo yd range. For large caliber center fires.  It's not that nice when it's 10 degress though.....   Hurry up spring

Do you have a link to their website?
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By huskerpower1:

Do you have a link to their website?

HERE
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Mark from Offutt.  Soon to be Fort Meade, Maryland.

Tomorrow I've got a crew from base coming with me to the Fremont gun show.  Sunday we'll be at Hamburg Bend with an assortment of happy fun time noisemakers.

Anyone wants to join us at either event feel free to PM me.  Those who know where to go for Hamburg, we'll be at the South end (the entrance furthest from OPPD) arriving between 11 and noon.  Those who don't know where to go are welcome to call me either for directions or a place to meet us before we head out and you can follow us there.  

Man, how did we get on opposite schedules? I'm working this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#20]
boo, hiss!
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Dan from Lincoln here.

I will post a link to this over on the CCWNE website.

That WMA sounds like a great place to meet for a group of EBR enthusiast's.

CCWNE
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Chris from Syracuse. Not too far down the Hwy from NE City, looks like I need to get down and check this out. Seems like I looked at the WMA's down there a few years ago, but in the areas I looked, couldn't fine a great backstop. Sounds like I missed a good area.

www.neccwtraining.com
www.neccw.blogspot.com
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Joe from Cozad. Do most of my shooting on private land, so not up to speed on whats out there public wise. Hunt anything and everything when time permits.
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Paul from (gasp) the tundra of NW Minnesota.  I get down to Lincoln once a month or so (to do the ccw classes) and would love to meet up with good folks for some paper punching.

I'll be there next on the weekend of March 1-2 and could do some shooting on Friday evening (2-29)....  at Season's Choice Range (4713 Hartley...on the east side of Lincoln...just a few blocks from 48th and Cornhusker Hwy)...about 7pm if someone were interested.

Link Posted: 2/18/2008 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry Paul.  I'm going to have to pass.......

I'll be in Cancun!
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Hi, my name is Rick and I'm a gun-aholic....

Live in rural N.W. Douglas county and am an avid gun show goer, although I'm hitting a bit fewer with gas prices the way they are now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By phorvick:
Paul from (gasp) the tundra of NW Minnesota.  I get down to Lincoln once a month or so (to do the ccw classes) and would love to meet up with good folks for some paper punching.

I'll be there next on the weekend of March 1-2 and could do some shooting on Friday evening (2-29)....  at Season's Choice Range (4713 Hartley...on the east side of Lincoln...just a few blocks from 48th and Cornhusker Hwy)...about 7pm if someone were interested.

I can't find any info on this range.  How far out does the rifle section go?
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 6:29:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChadsVibe] [#28]
Chad from Omaha .  Just getting into the shooting scene.  Tring to learn the hole sighting the guns in and things. Like I said .... I'm a newbe. Plus I hateeeeeeeee shooting  indoors. ( thats what my  PS3 is for )
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Originally Posted By phorvick:

I can't find any info on this range.  How far out does the rifle section go?

Seasons Choice is an indoor range with 25 yard max. lane for high power.

Saturday, when I went there to function check 2 new lowers and an upper, the target transport was busted, so I had to call a cease fire every time I wanted to check or change a target. Thankfully the place cleared out for a while and I was able to get  zeroed in much faster. I think the noise from my Middy drove them out
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By LJUnaTIC:

Seasons Choice is an indoor range with 25 yard max. lane for high power.

Oh.

Nevermind then.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Dale from Wilber here (about 40 miles SW of Lincoln, Saline County). Don't get to shoot very often, I go to my Dad's farm or Brother in-law's place to shoot outdoors.

Currently have an M1 Garand, NEF single shot .223, Glock 17, a couple 22 pistols and a 10/22.

Also an old Browning A5 that I don't shoot-unless I can find some 2 9/16" 12 gauge shells. Anybody got some?

Also a NEF single shot .17 HMR that I am considering selling. Don't get to shoot too often, and when I do it's usually the M1,G17,223 and/or the 22s.
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Adam from Grand Island. I have always been a gun nut but over the past few years I have been trying to expand my knowledge of firearms in the pursuit of becoming a gunsmith. I hope to open a shop in the G.I. area sometime within the next year.
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Roger from Hastings.  
If its got fur or feathers I'll trap it or hunt in down.

I'm on the Board at Four Rivers Sportsmens Club. 285 yrds outdoor range lighted for night shooting, 50 yrd indoor heated range for when it's cold and trap and skeet range.  

I'll be working security at the Hastings Gun show in March. Don't bang on the doors in the middle of the night or you'll meet up with me and my bushmaster
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 7:09:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LitlRat] [#34]
Roger and the boys put on the best gun show in Nebraska. They have kicked me out after the dealer meeting more than once. If anyone wants to set up there, call Jim Price and reserve a table now. Roger could help with his number, or check out www.NebraskaGunShows.com, or just click on this link:

Nebraska Gun Shows
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 8:57:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: redline] [#35]
Buck from Valentine Ne. we have a public outdoor range about 300 yards long. not alot of shooters around here. i see alot of dog shooters in the summer when they come into our store which is Sharp Liquor on main street. this will be my first year going dog hunting. also home of lockstock.com
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#36]
have ordered thru lockstock before.  good people, great service.
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 11:04:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 82ndAbn] [#37]
edited ~ 82nd
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 11:57:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LitlRat] [#38]
If any of you make it to Hastings for the show, stop by my table in the north room, on the west wall, just south of the bathroom hallway, with the American flags table cover. Looks like I will have a MSAR STG556, benelli M3, benelli nova, Remington 31, some Leupold scopes, some Mission Knives, and who knows what else by showtime. I will make a little sign that says "AR15.com members check in."

Rob (Exeter) from Exeter Arms will be there too, selling some NFA items and surely have some great deals on Sigs, Hks and FN products. If anyone is looking for silencers or full auto toys, Rob is the man to see.
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#39]
HUGE plus eleven for Rob @ Exeter guys, he's awesome!

Rob--I haven't forgotten about you!  

I hung by your table for a little while at the last Fremont show but you had so many people running up to talk to you I figured I'd just wait.  Yours was definitely one of the better setups there.

Will you be at the next Fremont show, May 17-18?  My RNLTD for my Ft. Mead PCS got pushed back into July so I'll probably be seeing you about a .308 can during that show.  I've got my trust all set up and ready to go (M92 SBR will be the first addition) so that'll make things even easier.

Thanks for all the help you've given me thus far, and looking forward to seeing you in May to get that suppressor taken care of!

--Mark G. @ Offutt
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I've just had my first dealings with Exeter Arms last week and I'm very impressed. I sent off an e-mail with some questions pretty late at night and received prompt replies. What started out as an inventory question ended up as a suppressor order and I had my ATF Forms and fingerprint cards in my mailbox a couple days later.

I'll get them sent in this week and with the turnaround times on Form 4's recently, hopefully I'll have my new toy in about a month!

If the rest of the process goes as smoothly as it has so far, Rob will definitely be getting more business from me (as money allows).
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 6:14:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 30MagReno] [#41]
Hey Guys, I'm Ryan form Hastings.

Thought it would be fitting to have my first post in the Hometown forum. I'm a machinist by trade, do wood working for fun, golf, hunt, and shoot my dreaded EBR!!! I've been lurking around this site for a couple years and finally decided sign up. Look forward to mabye runnin' into a few of you at the gun show in Hastings this Sunday.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 1:51:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: beagler76] [#42]

Originally Posted By redline:
Buck Sharp from Valentine Ne. we have a public outdoor range about 300 yards long. not alot of shooters around here. i see alot of dog shooters in the summer when they come into our store which is Sharp Liquor on main street. this will be my first year going dog hunting. also home of lockstock.com

Link Posted: 4/10/2008 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#43]
TJ from La Vista here.
Between the FD and work I don't have much time to shoot anymore. I only have a Beretta 92FS now so I could really shoot anywhere.

Lets get something going!
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#44]
TJ, be sure to check out the post on the mainpage of the KS/NE forum for the Arfcom shoot in June.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Stash from Omaha.  Hunt anything and everything in NE when I get the chance.  I'm getting commissioned in the Marines on May 7th so I won't be around much to shoot/go to shows over the next four years .....but I think I'll be doing plenty of shooting at The Basic School!!

Bought almost all of my guns from Tommy at Sol's downtown.  Great guy, great pawn shop.
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Dan from Omaha. Do alot of shooting down at the bullet hole or outside wherever I can!
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Tim from Omaha (outside city limits his
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Joe and Heather from La Vista NE

We are looking for a outdoor range close by to shoot our AR's and 8mm/7mm/308's rifle's . We also pmed a bunch here for guidance but never was contacted back ? Anyone care to help us out ? Thanks in advance !
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By MilitaryJoe:
Joe and Heather from La Vista NE

We are looking for a outdoor range close by to shoot our AR's and 8mm/7mm/308's rifle's . We also pmed a bunch here for guidance but never was contacted back ? Anyone care to help us out ? Thanks in advance !

Hi Joe and Heather,
Try Eastern Nebraska Gun Club (ENGC).

It's a nice place near Ashland/South Bend/Louisville.  HTH
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Bob from Lincoln, originally from Plattsmouth.

I do most of my shooting out at Branched Oak Lake, there's a little plot of land that's about 25 or 30 yards. I'd like to go out to Hamburg Bend with you guys sometime. Send me a message and we'll set up a date. I've been itching to try my AR out past 25 yards but couldn't find a place I didn't have to pay an outrageous membership fee to use.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top