Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#1]
BIG +1 for Ogden's best in Ogden outside Ft Riley. Very knowledgeable and friendly people - HUGE selection. Not much in terms of gunsmithing, but for guns and an indoor range, they're great.

+1 for Quantico in Junction City. Nice enough people - not much selection and mostly tacticool stuff, but overall they're nice folks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 2:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56M4Valhalla] [#2]
Hey, first post, yay :P

Just letting you guys know that Firearms Specialties of Tonganoxie, KS, as awesome of a store it was, has closed it's doors for business. It couldn't keep up with the local powerhouse, Cabela's. Just seen it on the list up there ^^

-Matt
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Bob Schaffer (RJ's Sports Shop) in Lawrence KS has the cheapest transfers in town. $15 per and is extremely friendly. I have done 3 transfers with him in the last month and has been painless. He enjoys talking about his guns along with other guns that he has for other transfers. Easy to talk to and is always up for firearm discussion. Kinda nice to be able to get personal with someone who has the same interests as you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Another +1 for Nebraska Gun. When no one else around had the M&P I wanted, they did, and at a lower price than any online retailer. THOSE GUYS ROCK!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I've greatly enjoyed OMB Guns in Olathe since joining last year. The indoor range is outstanding- clean, modern, well organized.
Nice staff.
Distributors for FN products. I've seen discussion boards based in FL mentioning OMB when it comes to discussions about FN pistols.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The Gun Guys in Ottawa, KS. +1

Some of the employees are kinda annoying, but the owner, Tim VanLeiden, is a great guy to deal with and very friendly. He does his best to help the customer any way he can. I have special ordered 4 guns through him and he charges reasonable fees and always gets the items in fast, even during this panic.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know of an AK builder/gunsmith in the state or out west/central in the state?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 10:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whisper44] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By edblevi:
Anyone know of an AK builder/gunsmith in the state or out west/central in the state?
View Quote

Lonnie Meyer of Run N Iron Customizing

One of the best all around gunsmiths in Nebraska.  
Probably the fairest trade in dealer around in central Nebraska.
He also stands 100% behind every firearms he sells.  
No worries with Run N Iron ...  + 1 !  
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Old west guns (Kearney) -1 terrible customer service the owner and his employees would rather sit there and bs with there buddies  normally 5 guys at the cash register and you still cant get them to give you any help also my cousin took his 10/22 to get the sights fixed it would shoot 4 in hi at 20 feet he didn't say how much they charged him but they clamed it was fixed so we tested it out still 4in hi no luck on refund as far as I know don't waste your time there

Swede's / G I loan shop (Grand Island) +1 awesome place they just expanded the gun counter you still have to deal with fat baby mommas trying to sell there fake jewelry to buy more fake jewelry but the gun guys are very  knowledgeable especially Cody if you have any questions ask for Cody or the gun smith I've  been a long time customer also they have a CCW class every once in a while if you have any problems talk to Jon he's the manager/owner ( I believe his dad is the actual owner but Jon is there every day as far as I know) good quality new and used guns im obviously biased in favor of this place because I have been spending my money there for 7-8 years and they know my name when I walk in the door and no I don't spend thousands of dollars there every year

Don's hobby guns (Kearney) +1 I've only bought 2 guns from here and it was a good experience no BS or games for trade in of a shot gun got a good trade in price and I left without having to waddle      

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#10]
cabala's (Kearney) -5 this just pertains to the Kearney location because their gun counter is worthless I went in with a printout of the exact gun I wanted form THEIR web site and it took the guy so long to find it even with the model number   he kept suggesting with wrong guns and was dead set that the one he was suggesting was the exact same thing I brought in ERRRR wrong not even the same make?!?! there gun counter employee's are  dumb  and I mean completely oblivious to guns im dumbfounded by there lack of knowledge ( and im no expert on guns)  can never get a good answer on any gun im looking at and I get a lot of "well if you like this gun you should look at this gun" because I only bothered to learn stuff about this one in my training course
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I have worked at a gunstore before, regarding his trying to pass of a different gun as the one you actually wanted all I have to say is:

However, I always hated to make comments or recommendations on guns that I don't have any practical experience using... YMMV I suppose.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
agreed im just sharing my own experience at these places.

also if i where to go into cabelas  or any gun store for that matter and ask a question i would much rather get a im not sure on that for an answer than some bs i usually do my homework on a make or model before i ever go into a shop but it is nice to have a knowledgeable staff to ask questions on a random gun or such   (i don't expect gun shop employees to be experts)
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 7:23:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jarem08] [#13]
Originally Posted By V0LFARMORY:
Old west guns (Kearney) -1 terrible customer service the owner and his employees would rather sit there and bs with there buddies  normally 5 guys at the cash register and you still cant get them to give you any help
View Quote

I agree with this! I went in there a couple of years ago and won't go back. I even had my wife in there trying to talk her into looking at a gun or two. She is already not really interested, but that just made my job harder!

I want to give a +1 to Leth's Gun Care in Logan County! He has always treated me fair.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Any new/current gunsmith recommendations in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area?  Or- better yet, anybody have the contact info for the gunsmith that used to work for Rob "the felon" Androyna at Exeter?  He did some work for me years ago, was a good dude and did good work in spite of Rob.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By V0LFARMORY:
cabala's (Kearney) -5 this just pertains to the Kearney location because their gun counter is worthless I went in with a printout of the exact gun I wanted form THEIR web site and it took the guy so long to find it even with the model number   he kept suggesting with wrong guns and was dead set that the one he was suggesting was the exact same thing I brought in ERRRR wrong not even the same make?!?! there gun counter employee's are  dumb  and I mean completely oblivious to guns im dumbfounded by there lack of knowledge ( and im no expert on guns)  can never get a good answer on any gun im looking at and I get a lot of "well if you like this gun you should look at this gun" because I only bothered to learn stuff about this one in my training course
View Quote

I used to have the same opinion however they got rid of all the idiots and now have a knowledgeable and friendly staff. There are several guys who really know their stuff.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:54:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Plainsman62] [#16]
A HUGE +++++1 to Halls Weapon Systems in Kearney.

Fantastic selection of all types of guns but caters heavily to the AR15 shooter/builder. Great selection of suppressors, receivers, barrels, bcgs etc.

They also stock an excellent selection of reloading bullets and powders.

I neglected to add that Halls also have a nice selection of high end shotguns as well as some very desirable older rifles and shotguns.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top