BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/13/2007 2:32:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Coopmandu]
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 11:30:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmd1522] [#1]
Let me be the first to say.  Stay away form RMP.  The worst customer service I have ever seen.  He will not stand behind his products

As for the best ones.  You cannot go wrong with:

Dennys guns/Global tactical (Great Service)
LH in by Newton will treat you right.  (Great Service)
Dave's Gunshop in Winfield  (He is retireing this year Great service, he will be missed)

Shooters Supply is also very good.  Greg,  the gunsmith there is one of the best in Kansas and is an asset to the store.

Bullseye indoor range is also very good in Wichita.

As for some of the best clubs:

Echo Valley pistol league
Air Capital Practical Shooters
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Report Card;

Olathe Gun Shop  Mike Malone is the owner +1 great guy great shop

RMP Gunworks +1  Pete Rafferty does all of out gunsmith for our storefront gun shop. His Duracoat jobs are A+  as well.

High Plains Gun Shop (West edge of Topeka on I70) Nice guys and lots of surplus ammo +1 to them

There is my 2 cents worth for the time being.  

Oh and BTW kids Denny's Gun  (whisper) they are in MO  not KS...but hey who is counting.

Link Posted: 6/13/2007 11:11:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rmpgunworks] [#3]
Quatico Arms Junction City +1 They have a wide varity of tactical Gear and accesories and they take good care of or men and women fight for our freedom.

Kaw Valley Gun Club Topeka, KS +1 They are the only indoor shooting range in the Topeka area. It has everything for the beginning shooter on up. And a great staff that can give you the answer that you need

Kanasa Firearms Specialties Togonoxie, KS +1 Jeff is a straight Shooter that knows his stuff from hunting rilfes to the black gun.

RUN-N-IRON Bertand, NE +1 Lonnie and his staff up there are some of the greatest people I know. They have a can do attitude that will surpass anybody else in the industry. They truely stick behind their motto of "gunsmithing at its finest"

DR MAnufacturing Wichita, KS+1 Darins Knowledge of the Class 3 world is second to noe he can quote the rules like scripture.

Performance Enhancement Systems Pierce, NE +1Lance has a good working knowledge of the Walther P-22 and can so you how to really trick them out. Also ask him about the 2 pound mongo binary charge.

Pete Rafferty
RMP Gunworks

PS: Isnt Denny's Guns in North Kansas City, MO
I thought this is the Kansas/ Nebraska Broad
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I actually had a negative experience with Quantico in JC via email.
I ordered an item that they did not report as out of stock. I also needed it pronto so I requested expedited shipping.
2 days later, after my order was suppose to be "in hand", I get an email saying its out of stock, and they will ship it when it gets in, in a week.
So I reply that it would have been nice to know when I ordered that it was out of stock, and since it is not in stock, no need to expedite shipping.
I receive a response saying "I have downgraded the shipping to UPS Ground (no shipping charge). Please Advise."
I respond "Thank you" which I would assume to be the apropos answer.
12 days goes by w/ no contact, shipping confirmation, nothing, I respond inquiring the status of my order and got no reply.
I was never charged, thank god,  but somehow they completely shut me out, not responding to email, not fulfilling my order.
Thus I give Quantico in JC a -1.

Coop is the text of this is inappropriate in the context of this thread let me know and I'll remove all but the first line.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 1:39:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coopmandu] [#6]
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 2:50:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: strat81] [#7]
+1 to Gerbig Firearms in Lincoln, NE.  I've bought two three guns from Ashley @ Gerbig and he was friendly, offered a fair price, and explained everything about the firearm to me.  One Two of these purchases was at a gunshow where he was swamped and he still took the time to explain the the features of the rifle to me.

+1 to Swede's Gun Shop (aka GI Loan Shop) in Grand Island, NE.  I walked in there looking for a house gun, having only fired two guns (one mag each) in my entire life.  I knew jack about guns and Cody took a long time showing me different shotguns and pistols and answering all of my newbie questions.

-1 to Dub's Sports in Grand Island, NE for not knowing what a stripped AR-15 lower is.

+1 to Schneider's Hardware in Aurora, NE for cheap, friendly, no-hassle transfers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#8]
RMP Gunworks +1 Pete Rafferty.  

Bought a Colt 10.5 shorty on EE and like many others...needed some help to get it running right.  I heard about Pete's shop by word of mouth, Quantico Arms in JC (Rod is 'Good People') anyhow, I took it to Pete and told him I am deploying within one week and need this singing ASAP...Pete identified the problem and discussed possible courses of action to fix the feeding/gas problem.  I picked up the Colt 3 or 4 days later and now it is running like a Sewing Machine!  Way to go Pete, good work!  His work is professional and on time, thank you.  

Pete, I will see you in a year!  You want scalps or ears?  SF_Nug
Link Posted: 6/27/2007 10:34:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rmpgunworks] [#9]
Nug

No thanks on the trophyes just bring back you combat pay
Link Posted: 6/28/2007 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/7/2007 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#11]
RMP Gunworks +1
Pete has built my shootgun and my AR both i used at a 6 day long shooting course, lots of rounds though both and not hitch form either
A+ duracoat on my XD-9 and shootgun as well

Link Posted: 8/2/2007 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I would like to take back my "-1 for Quantico in JC"
I was contacted by a Quantico employee in JC yesterday, and explained where the problem was, and it was with how Quantico previously had problems with internet orders at the VA. office at the time. So my problem was with them, not the office in Junction City.  The Quantico website said all orders were handled by the closest store, but that apparently my order did not make it that far.
I apologize to Quantico in Junction City, it was a misunderstanding on my part why you got blamed and not the main office.

Coop, if you could go ahead and update the master list or whatever, thanks.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Bano, Thanks!

+1 to RMP Gunworks.  Pete has been handling all of our referrals (Quantico Arms) for well over a year now.  We have yet to have any customer come in a say they have had a bad experience with Pete.  Pete comes to JC once a month from Topeka to give personal service to any and all referalls that we may have for him.  

Thanks

-Rod Davis-
Quantico Arms and Tactical Supply
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 4:35:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tyman] [#14]
Just wanted to give a +1 for the:

Gypsum Valley Outdoor Sports,    Gypsum, KS

I got my Glock 17 from there.  I called and talked to Thad, the owner, asked him how much he was selling Glocks for and had him order me one.  Went and picked it up 2 days later.
Very friendly when I picked it up, nice clean store thats pretty AR15/black rifle friendly and had a PTR-91 up on the wall for $1100 brand new.

Would definitely not hesitate to go there again
Link Posted: 9/11/2007 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Definitely a +1 for Quatico Arms - Junction City.  Great folks to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#16]
+1 for OMB Express in Lenexa

Awesome guys, very helpful and great prices
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 12:45:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Gerbig Firearms, Lincoln NE.  You can decide if you want to count this or not since there was no fraud or anything like that, I give him a -1 for being an A-hole.  

I bought from him, it was a piece I was looking for and the price was fine. Found him on gunbroker, perhaps that is why the rudeness.  It has been 2 years or more, and I still say what an A-hole every time I hear his name.
Link Posted: 1/5/2008 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Big +1 to Olathe Gun shop.  Great guys easy to deal with and happy to answer any question.  Large Black rifle section.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#19]
+1 to Gerbig Firearms in Lincoln

I've bought MANY MANY times from them ranging from M4 to revolvers, to pistols, lights and everything in between

Ashley has always been
1) helpful/knowledgeable
2) quick to respond
3) fairly priced
4) willing to do extra to find exactly what I was looking for

it doesn't get any better than that
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 4:35:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pearson] [#20]
+1 to ACE American Cash Excange (it is a pawn shop that has great gun sales and now a guy in the back that does some work.)

i have had Lex Pearson (the guy in the back) work on my ar15 and he did great work

oh yeah it is in Manhattan ks on fort Riley blvd.  

i may live in AZ but that does not mean that i did not live in manhattan for 17 years
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By KFSLLC:
Report Card;

Olathe Gun Shop  Mike Malone is the owner +1 great guy great shop

RMP Gunworks +1  Pete Rafferty does all of out gunsmith for our storefront gun shop. His Duracoat jobs are A+  as well.

High Plains Gun Shop (West edge of Topeka on I70) Nice guys and lots of surplus ammo +1 to them

There is my 2 cents worth for the time being.  

Oh and BTW kids Denny's Gun  (whisper) they are in MO  not KS...but hey who is counting.

Olathe Gun Shop.. Mike Malone... +8  (Yeah i bought 8 guns from him)  Great guy, only place Iwill do business for now!
Link Posted: 2/16/2008 12:56:37 AM EDT
[#22]
+1 for Quantico in JC. Friendly and helpful staff. Wouldn't hesitate to go back for any needs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Originally Posted By singe:
+1 to Gerbig Firearms in Lincoln

I've bought MANY MANY times from them ranging from M4 to revolvers, to pistols, lights and everything in between

Ashley has always been
1) helpful/knowledgeable
2) quick to respond
3) fairly priced
4) willing to do extra to find exactly what I was looking for

it doesn't get any better than that

Another +++ for Gerbig Firearms in Lincoln. I agree with everything listed above!
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Olathe Gun Shop: +1

Bullethole: +1, with bonus points for crazy old guy behind the counter.

Dennys Guns: -1

My opinions and experiences.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 1:40:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Olathe Gun Shop - +1.  The owner is a great guy.  A couple of the employees can be standoff-ish.  Other than that, they're the only place I've actually bought my guns from.  The first M44 I bought from them was defective, so Mike took it back and made it right in my eyes without batting an eye.  Definitely good customer service from him.

Bullet Hole - +1.  The older guy behind the counter does indeed rock.

Jason Steele, FFL - +1.  Great guy, cheap transfers.  What more can be asked for?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 7:31:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KSJustice] [#26]
I give a +1 to Shubert Firearms in WaKeeney, KS.  Dealing with them was awesome, I have bought a couple of weapons from them and will continue to send my business their way so long as they keep up the outstanding customer service and good pricing.  They went above and beyond to help me and other family members with our orders.  Talk to John.  Contact info below.

Shubert Firearms
(785)743-5554
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I have an uncle in Wichita that is interested in a reasonably priced stripped AR lower receiver.  Can anyone recommend a place?
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I belong to this other forum.  Here is a link to the discount at Bullseye in Wichita.
http://www.ksccw.com/site/showthread.php?t=7549
The pricing has gone up.  He can always find an ffl to do a transfer, if one can be found on the net.
Chad
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#29]
+1 to AJ GUNS in Columbus, NE. Fair prices and very customer oriented.

AJ GUNS
3809 12th Street
Columbus, NE
(402) 270-3298

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Another +1 to Gerbig Firearms in Lincoln, NE.  I have bought all my guns through him and you can't beat his selection and prices.
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#31]
+1 to Buffalo Creek Firearms in Randall, KS. Kevin and Zach have done a great job of taking care of me. But then again I'm an easy customer:)
Link Posted: 2/5/2009 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#32]
+3 for the last three lowers I've bought from Brandon at:

Jayhawk Firearms
785-851-0002
785-364-9351
203 West 5th
Holton, KS 66436
[email protected]

Store Hours;
Monday - Friday 8-5 CST
Saturdays and afterhours by appointment

Have had 3 great transaction with him and also does the FFL transfers for the local DU chapters at a minimal cost.

He has also given some good prices to my friends wanting to buy other rifles too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2009 12:41:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Restless] [#33]
Arms and Ammo in Fremont,Ne.

+1 for having a RRA entry tac , Moly R4 on hand.
I over payed a bit and the Tactical carry was removed (said they ordered it like this,to save me money),there were a few Tac carry handles on sale separately.
One can only come to one conclusion on all that.

-1 for $26.00 D & H 30rd,that I can buy in Omaha for $15.00.
Spent over $1200 for BUIS and extras and he proclaimed "I'll pick up the tax on the Magazines"(gee thanks)
I left a full unopened Gatorade behind,so were even on that.

All and all I love the rifle and given the current climate,did OK.
Just OK.

Not a friendly atmosphere,I always feel I'm interrupting something there,as they got a lot of locals just hanging around whenever I'm there.

They like the K98,which is great,

I know everyone has to make a buck.
But I hate when shops pretend they are the only game in town.

I most likely won't be back.
Plenty of shops here in Omaha.

Sorry A and A, just my honest opinion.
I'm sure not everyone has experienced this,otherwise you wouldn't be in business.
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#34]
+1,  The Gun Shop in Olathe.

The staff takes time to discuss your needs.
The staff seems to genuinely enjoy general discussion with patrons.  
I like that they have used/ surplus rifles out on the floor.
Usually has a decent selection of black rifles on hand.
You can buy second hand gun periodicals for a quarter.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Ogdens Best in Ogden KS just outside FT. Riley.

Barry - Owner along with his employees are a Great group of people And are willing to help.  Old fasioned customer service,  However You may have to wait a minute as they are buisy with other costumers.  

Great selection of Firearms and competative prices....   I do not work for,  Just passing the word as he doesnt realy advertise.  Obango already did that for him.

GB - Ogdens best,  No new items as of late do to the Volume af sales in store  However they may start to pop back up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2010 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#36]
-1 for bullet stop in Wichita.

Went in to get some info on a possible purchase and to get a feel for the place.  I stood around for 10 minutes waiting to be helped but it was busy so I decided to wait a little longer.  After another ten minutes I asked one of the 5 associates behind the counter for his help.  He proceeded to pick up the phone and walk away...  So much for customer service I left and went to Bullseye where I joined and have felt very welcome!

+1 for Bullseye in Wichita
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#37]
+1 to High Plains Gun Shop West of Topeka.  Bought my first gun there and they were as nice as could be to the newbie I was then.  Sent me bday cards for about 5 years after that as well.

+1 to Bullseye in Wichita.  Have visited a few times with friends that are range members there and have always walked away happy.

+/- to Bullet Hole in Overland Park.  For their indoor range, a definite +.  For their service when it comes to anything else.... it's a wash.  I've had some of the guys there answer any and every question and do so with a smile.  I've also had them tell me "You're wrong.  You don't know what you're asking for.  Go learn about what you want and come back when you have a clue"  When I asked for a price on a Savage 10FP.  He grabbed some dogeared mailorder catalog which just had the uber tactical folding choate model and quoted me $900.  I asked for the plain 10FP and that's when I got my remark.  Hit or miss on the people there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#38]
+1 for Olathe Gun Shop.  Having bought a couple of guns from them I can report that they are knowledgeable and friendly.

-10 for the Bullet Hole in Overland Park.  If it weren't for the range I would never step foot in their shop.  A couple of the guys seem ok at times but there are a couple of guys that are rude and talk down to people at every chance they get.  When I was looking for my first handgun a few years ago I wanted to talk to as many people as possible.  So, I went in to ask questions and handle guns to see what I liked.  I eventually bought a Kimber from the Olathe Gun Shop because they didn't try to steer me and they were more than happy to answer every stupid question that I could ask and to hand me as many guns as many times as I asked to see them.  When my wife was wanting a hand gun we ended up at the Olathe Gun Shop again because she got the 'ladies should shoot little revolvers' treatment at the Bullet Hole from the one with the napolean complex (I don't mean to be cryptic but I don't know his name).  She eventually bought a subcompact xd 40.  So much for little revolvers
Link Posted: 2/21/2010 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#39]
+1 for Ogdens best in Ogden, KS. Generally friendly people who will take the time to answer questions.....which they do ALOT of since they carry Class III and suppressors.

Only downside is they seem to always be busy talking to locals and regulars, but if you ask a question they will talk to you.  Decent shop with average prices.

-1 for Quantico in Junction city.  Nice enough folks in there, but they seem to be more interested in selling tacticool clothing than firearms. Not much in the way of selection unless you are looking for an off the shelf, pre-built AR. No spare parts other than bolt carriers and lowers, no on site gunsmith.  This shop has alot of potential, they just don't seem very interested in selling guns.

-1 for the pawn shop just outside of Ogden gate.....can't remember the name. Lot's of guns, including a pretty good selection of old Milsurp stuff, but WAAAAYYY over priced. Would you pay $399.00 for a beat up Norinco SKS? How about $175.00 for a Mosin Nagant with no accesories? Me neither. The shop owner was nice enough, I just couldn't get over his prices.

Huge NEGATIVE ONE for the pawn shop on Washington in Junction CIty, I think it's called Jack's or something like that. I went in there once and they had the single most tapco-fucked AK I have ever seen. Every cheap, chinese accessory you can think of was bolted on this thing.............and they wanted $1300.00 for it. I turned around and left.

The other pawn shop just outside of trooper gate is a little better. He mainly sells hunting guns but he has a few AR's and other cool stuff. Nice guy with some good prices and willing to haggle with you.

The Junction City/Ogden/Manhattan area really needs a decent GUN shop.
Link Posted: 2/21/2010 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#40]
+1 for Nebraska Gun in Lincoln.  He deals mostly in used guns, but he'll special order.  Usually has some interesting milsurp stuff, I've bought a couple from him.  Prices are fair and he seems like a good guy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2010 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#41]
A  big +1 for Jeff at Nebraska gun. He's always been a 100% honest no BS guy with me.
A even bigger -1 for Acher Arms, Randy (the owner) is an OK guy to deal with but the help he has working there has all the traits that piss me off. I won't even step foot in there anymore. Their prices are so absurd its almost worth stepping foot in door for the laugh.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 1:15:54 AM EDT
[#42]
+1 for High Plains Gun Shop just west of Topeka. I somehow fucked up my girlfriend's P95 pistol (still no idea what i did), brought it to them.

Plus sides: They fixed it QUICK, and cheap

Downside: When they called back to tell me it was ready, they made a habit of saying (several times) I was a fucking moron for letting happen in the first place. I understand i screwed up, but I'm not paying to rate me, fuckheads.  REALLY pissed me off. However, they fixed it perfectly, all is good, and every other time I've been there, they've been good. If they insult me like that again though, I'll go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/10/2010 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#43]
+ 1 for Strickers Auction in Gardner, Kansas. Great people to deal with. They have gun auctions every so often and I can always get a good deal there. Ron Stricker is very easy to work with. They have a gun auction coming up Monday, May 17, 2010 if anyone is interested. You can find info at  http://www.CJLENTERPRIZE.com and www.strickersauction.com
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 12:00:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Druid318] [#44]
-1 for High Planes gunshop. (Topeka)

I went in looking for an AR15 stripped receiver, the old man seemed nice but I am having a bit of trouble speaking clearly (dental issue) he was having a hard time hearing (age I assume).  The son came over and was total asshole.  He said he sold stripped receivers for $180 or so but didn't have any in stock.  He didn't say how long it would take to get one either...

I asked him about me ordering one online and what he charged to receive it, he said 30 bucks (I think).  I asked if there was any paperwork involved to get that going, and he said it was a "gun" and acted like I was a moron.  All I wanted to know is if I needed to fill something out before I had anything shipped to him so he would know what it was and who it belonged to.

This guy was a total ass to someone looking to spend money in his shop, and his price for a stripped receiver (dpms) is totally outrageous.

Edited to add:  +1 For Kaw Valley Gun Club , service there was excellent and the people working the shop were both friendly.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 5:53:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whisper44] [#45]
Run-N-Iron Customizing

A Big +1 Bazillion for Lonnie and Crew at  Run-N-Iron Customizing near Bertrand, NE  
A real Gunsmith...They've got the right tools for the job plus the knowledge and experience to the job right ...guaranteed !!
From .22's to 50 BMG's and beyond they've got you covered.  
They do it all from cowboy action, hunting, tactical, to heirloom restoration.   Simply The Best !
Lonnie , His Family and Crew our about the nicest most honest people I know.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#46]
+1 for Thunderbird Tactical in Wichita, KS. Very friendly and helpful staff, they were more than happy to answer questions for me over the phone before I came in. Nice selection of AR's and AR parts with competitive prices as well. Just bought a stripped Spikes lower from them today. $105 for standard lower and $115 for color filled markings. They had 2 left after I bought mine, better grab them up if you're looking for one
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I have recently pruchased from A&A.
I think they have revised their business model.
Prices on guns are good.  They will honor their auction prices vs. in store prices if you go and pick it up.
The locals are still hanging around there, which is still a negative.
search for oneclickshooting over on GB for their wares

Originally Posted By Restless:
Arms and Ammo in Fremont,Ne.

+1 for having a RRA entry tac , Moly R4 on hand.
I over payed a bit and the Tactical carry was removed (said they ordered it like this,to save me money),there were a few Tac carry handles on sale separately.
One can only come to one conclusion on all that.

-1 for $26.00 D & H 30rd,that I can buy in Omaha for $15.00.
Spent over $1200 for BUIS and extras and he proclaimed "I'll pick up the tax on the Magazines"(gee thanks)
I left a full unopened Gatorade behind,so were even on that.

All and all I love the rifle and given the current climate,did OK.
Just OK.

Not a friendly atmosphere,I always feel I'm interrupting something there,as they got a lot of locals just hanging around whenever I'm there.

They like the K98,which is great,

I know everyone has to make a buck.
But I hate when shops pretend they are the only game in town.

I most likely won't be back.
Plenty of shops here in Omaha.

Sorry A and A, just my honest opinion.
I'm sure not everyone has experienced this,otherwise you wouldn't be in business.

Link Posted: 10/7/2011 12:48:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: justsoIcanupvotethis] [#48]
+1 for Atchison Outfitters 2000 W Hwy 59
Atchison, KS 66002  Great selection decent prices.
Actualy put my hands on a Ruger SR 1911 there, it was already sold but at least I got to touch one!
+1 for Joe Bob Outfitters in Hays too. You want AR parts Joe Bob has them and in stock too if you are in the Hays area.
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By strat81:

+1 to Gerbig Firearms in Lincoln, NE.  I've bought two three guns from Ashley @ Gerbig and he was friendly, offered a fair price, and explained everything about the firearm to me.  One Two of these purchases was at a gunshow where he was swamped and he still took the time to explain the the features of the rifle to me.

+1 to Swede's Gun Shop (aka GI Loan Shop) in Grand Island, NE.  I walked in there looking for a house gun, having only fired two guns (one mag each) in my entire life.  I knew jack about guns and Cody took a long time showing me different shotguns and pistols and answering all of my newbie questions.

-1 to Dub's Sports in Grand Island, NE for not knowing what a stripped AR-15 lower is.

+1 to Schneider's Hardware in Aurora, NE for cheap, friendly, no-hassle transfers.
Another +1 for Swedes. Gave me a helluva deal on my .454. Great bunch of folks over there. Went to high school with Cody.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:19:33 AM EDT
[#50]
+1 for Joe Bob in Hays, very friendly and helpful
HUGE -1 for bullet stop in wichita. They are grossly over priced and know it. I took my buddy in there and he asked about transfer costs. Their first response was that it depends where it comes from. seriously? Then it is 40 to transfer most firearms, unless its the same model they have in stock, then it is $75. For a transfer! And they will not transfer from Bud's Gun Shop. They have rediculous prices and a serious case of butthurt. I asked about the military/LEO glock purchase program and they wouldn't let me order one, they told me what they had instock, but aparently they would not order me a G34. Rediculous. I picked up a Ruger 22/45 TB iron sights from Thunderbird tactical for right at 300, the same gun was $100 more at bulletstop. I will not give them any of my money.
+1 for Thunderbird tactical, they are 3 blocks from my house and have had great prices on guns, optics, and other random gun gear.
+1 for Bullseye they can be high on prices, but I shot my first full autos there about 5 years ago (mini-uzi, MP5, and full size Uzi) they are good people.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top