Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2017 11:12:37 PM EDT
We have one more day in the area, my brother is racking his brain on things to do, we're not set up for salmon fishing, we've already visited the Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center, the market and some of the stores downtown, Potter's Marsh, drove down to Seward, and did some hiking up at Artic Valley.  My wife and I aren't quite in shape enough for anything too strenuous, the part of Artic Valley we did was enough for my wife to need to use her inhaler, and for me to be cautious about pushing too hard and getting an injury.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
The Anchorage Museum is good if you don't want to do anything too strenuous. Tomorrow should be nice so driving up to Hatcher's Pass might be worth it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Anchorage Museum is good if you don't want to do anything too strenuous. Tomorrow should be nice so driving up to Hatcher's Pass might be worth it.
View Quote
Will a standard 4x4 F150 make it up the road to Willow?  That looks like it might be a good option for seeing more of the scenery (we've visited Talkeetna and Denali on a cruise two years ago, including riding the railroad from Talkneetna up to Denali and walking around in the park for a good chunk of the day before taking a bus to Fairbanks to fly home).
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:19:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Will a standard 4x4 F150 make it up the road to Willow?  That looks like it might be a good option for seeing more of the scenery (we've visited Talkeetna and Denali on a cruise two years ago, including riding the railroad from Talkneetna up to Denali and walking around in the park for a good chunk of the day before taking a bus to Fairbanks to fly home).
View Quote
That'll be more than adequate. I'd recommend driving to Willow on the Highway, then taking the road over Hatcher's pass. From there you drop down into Palmer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Definitely do Hatcher's Pass.  Stop and pick some berries just above tree line and check out iIndepence Mine if you're into history or geology.  I just did the drive in a minivan.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably too late, but the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That'll be more than adequate. I'd recommend driving to Willow on the Highway, then taking the road over Hatcher's pass. From there you drop down into Palmer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, we had pretty decent weather right up until we hit Hatcher's Pass itself, it had some pretty views up there.  Stopped at the musk ox farm in Palmer afterward and took their tour, before meeting up with my brother for an early dinner.  We have to be out of here at an obnoxious hour in the morning, so no more sightseeing this trip.  Maybe in a couple of years when our wallet recovers from this trip, as we both like it up here.  As much as my wife hates the cold and snow, she even mentioned I should keep an eye out for IT jobs up here ;-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top