Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 9:49:02 AM EDT
Hey guys, any recommendations on getting vehicle window tint removed here in the valley?  Trooper Peterson got me this weekend in Girdwood.  Apparently our tint law is pretty crazy and we need at least 70% light transmission through the front door windows (basically clear glass), 40% through rear doors and rear window?  Since our cars were done in TX...where only 25% light is necessary, we are WAY dark (he metered me at 29% ).

I don't need new tint, work is moving us down to Georgia in a few months and they allow down to 32% light transmission, so I'll just have it re-done when we get there.  Just need it ripped out for now.

FYI, window tint violation is (at least in Girdwood and in this scenario) $150 + $10 surcharge, but is correctable ($0) if I tear it out and visit a trooper station to have it re-tested within 30 days.  And Trooper Peterson was as nice as I recall him in the AST show , didn't care about my carry gun, as long as it stayed in my holster of course.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you or a family member sensitice to sunlight? If so, get a note from the eye doc. Keep your tint.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Nah, ended up just tearing it out myself. Got the glue off all the side windows, back window is trickier. Can't use a blade to scrape because of the defrost wires, will have to figure that one out eventually. Or just put new tint on down the road and have those guys deal with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top