Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2017 9:10:41 PM EDT
Might have the opportunity to take a job in Ketchikan. What can you tell me about living there? Coming from Missouri so quite different I'm sure.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Ketchikan?  Doing what?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Dodging raindrops and drinking from a cistern. Bottled water is your friend. Ketch is a no-go for me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Might have the opportunity to take a job in Ketchikan. What can you tell me about living there? Coming from Missouri so quite different I'm sure.
View Quote

Life can be rough there if you don't have solid employment...
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The A&P has a real nice breakfast menu. The cruise ship dock is new. (After it was crashed into) It's a warm rain...  The dead mice float in the cistern so they are easy to fish out.  It's south, so it must be warmer.

The fishing is good.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In 3 sentences or less, please describe what you envision Ketchikan to be?
View Quote
In three words:

Rain, rain, rain
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In 3 sentences or less, please describe what you envision Ketchikan to be?
View Quote
Seems to be a beautiful place that is difficult to get to and difficult to travel away from! I get the rain, wondering about maybe feeling like you are confined without being able to travel easily.

Rather not say what the opportunity is, thanks for the replies all.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]
By Alaska standards Ketchikan isn't especially isolated. Prince of Wales Island is a short ferry ride as is BC/Canada.Seattle is only an hour or so away on one of several daily flights.Its overrun with tourists during the summer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
By Alaska standards Ketchikan isn't especially isolated. Prince of Wales Island is a short ferry ride as is BC/Canada.Seattle is only an hour or so away on one of several daily flights.Its overrun with tourists during the summer.
View Quote
Well one hour flight plus one hour waiting on the boat ride to the airport
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I grew up a bit in Ketchikan, Im sure its changed a lot in 30 years but I loved it. Don't forget your Ketchikan Sneakers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top