Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2016 11:52:36 PM EDT
Estimates are hitting Thurs afternoon or evening.  They don't have much in the way of details yet, but they are saying power outages and heavy snow.

Thought I'd pass it on.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Supposed to snow/rain mix tonight than warm up and rain for Thursday.
Also get windy.

Wish we would get snow that could stay.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Storm upgraded with the warning through Saturday now.  
8-16" of snow
30-50mph winds

Just starting to snow in North Pole, so we'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 1:34:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep you head down.

Lot of rain today with wind gusts up to 50mph.
River is a lot of water on-top of the ice.
Not much snow left on tundra.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked a heck of a time to come back to visit!  Wind is starting up here in moose creek finaly.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 4:18:27 AM EDT
[#5]
How much snow did y'all get?  It's nearly 70 degrees here in LA. I miss AK more than words can express.  I plan on being back in AK within the next three years.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much snow did y'all get?  It's nearly 70 degrees here in LA. I miss AK more than words can express.  I plan on being back in AK within the next three years.
View Quote

Depending on where are, between 12-20" give or take.  I'd guess around 14-15" where I am in NP.   Broke the plow twice, but easy fixes. 
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The owner of Ivory Jacks sent me a video the other night of the wind blowing and the side porch was one big snow drift. Dad lives a few hundred yards behind there and they had some fun trying to plow the road out. Makes me miss home, and the heated cab of a cat T246 pushing snow.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The owner of Ivory Jacks sent me a video the other night of the wind blowing and the side porch was one big snow drift. Dad lives a few hundred yards behind there and they had some fun trying to plow the road out. Makes me miss home, and the heated cab of a cat T246 pushing snow.
View Quote

It got pretty bad up that way and in the hills.  I saw a lot of videos of trees across roads and the highway.  Weirdly enough, the power didn't go out too much.  We had a couple ~30 minute or less where I am, but that's it.  Kinda tame considering the News Minus made it sound like the end was near.

Hell, I was wishing I had your fucknormous pickup once or twice though that.  Was a bastard to shovel out my truck, and the bed is still full of snow up to the rails.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Buddy out by Chena lakes was without power for 27 hours.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buddy out by Chena lakes was without power for 27 hours.
View Quote

Wow, I'm over off Dawson and barely had anything.  Guess we got lucky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top