Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2016 12:30:12 AM EDT
So reading the local laws, it would seem that the use of a pellet, or even airsoft gun, in your home, is illegal. That is to say anything except shooting at a range is criminalized.

When did this get passed? How are people standing for this? It seems like it should be easy to get the assembly to repeal this or the State reps to make such laws illegal.

Anyone want to start coordinating calls/visits to assembly members?
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So reading the local laws, it would seem that the use of a pellet, or even airsoft gun, in your home, is illegal. That is to say anything except shooting at a range is criminalized.

When did this get passed? How are people standing for this? It seems like it should be easy to get the assembly to repeal this or the State reps to make such laws illegal.

Anyone want to start coordinating calls/visits to assembly members?
View Quote

You not likely to get the state to try and overrule the city on a law like this. Your best bet is to work with the city council.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Another reason not to live in Anchorage municipality...  Big city mentality in Anchorage unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Things that are harmless to do in the country are not always harmless in the city. This law was probably put in place because people abused airguns and damaged property and hurt people or pets.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:56:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:28:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Things that are harmless to do in the country are not always harmless in the city. This law was probably put in place because people abused airguns and damaged property and hurt people or pets.
View Quote

None of that is our problem. They've legalized weed for gods sake, which does much more harm in a city than it would in the country.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually marijuana causes less harm than alcohol to society. Not that I support the use of any drugs for recreational use. That said if you want the laws changed talk to city council.
Pat
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 6:34:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I have had to fight with a lot of drunks not so much someone stoned on marijuana. Marijuana does not amplify violence like Alcohol does. The dangers in using marijuana are it has been shown to lower your IQ and it seems to remove peoples drive to work. On a personal note I don't support the use of either as I view them both as harmful drugs. But I would say even with all other factors like availability accounted for Alcohol is worse. As a cop I would rather deal with pot heads than drunks.
Pat
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I have done some pretty stupid shit while drunk. A lot of it i don't remember the next morning but there are pictures out there. Can't remember doing anything stupid after smoking.

It depends on what kind you have. Some kinds make you want to just chill out and watch a movie. Some kinds you want to get up and clean the house or do something. It was a good way to end a bad day at work.  And no hangover! Yeah it's a gateway drug. Gateway to the fridge.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The gateway drug argument is weak in my opinion because most people overlook the fact that most hard core drug users (coke, meth etc) actually start with cigarettes and alcohol then move to marijuana. There are plenty of people who stop before moving on to more dangerous drugs. Its just a flawed argument unless they banned all harmful substances. Personally I don't get the appeal of drugs. I like being in control and don't want to have my mind altered by anything that could make me lose that control.
Pat
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been around lots out people who smoke and they are Dr's, business men, business owners, regular working people, everything. Never at any point have i been sitting around after a smoke and said "hmm i want to go try heroin, or coke off a hookers ass". I have a facebook page full of friends (mainly mothers)  who love their wine and have a glass or two every night to relax after a hard day at work or the kids were being a PITA that day. Countless people who will not even speak to you in the morning unless they have their cup of coffee. It's another way to relax at the end of the day. Not like portrayed in movies of sitting around baked out of your mind her her her yyeeaaaahh maaaannnnn.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#12]
the one thing everyone forgets in the pot discussion is that you can still be given a UA and fired for having it in your system. Also many jobs
that require a CDL its federal DOT law you need to be tested. Companies can also deny any workmanship comp if you have weed in your system, since they can't
tell if you were stoned at the time. That being said I dont care if people do it, but until they come up with a test to tell level of impairment it will be murky.

Now shooting airguns in the yard, yeah too many stupid people ruin it for the rest of us, yes even in the valley it happens. Use to be I could shoot in my yard. Nanny state is creeping in all around us
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:08:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Agreed. Just because its not against state law does not mean your employer can't fire you for using it. Also if they wanted the Feds could still charge you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top