Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2016 4:51:02 PM EDT
Hey guys, any recommendations for off-site parking when flying out of Anchorage?

Alaska Park looks nice, $11/day, car is warmed up and windshield cleared when you pick it up, valet-style service (no standing by your car or walking through a lot to find your car).

Dimond has covered parking for $15 ($10 uncovered) with a free car wash.  When you drop off, wait by your car, but when you get back, dropped directly at your car.

Short term at the airport parking garage is only $16.

Any other recommendations or issues with the above guys?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 12:27:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I used diamond once, no issues, company paid for it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The only thing I will add is that there is a ton of theft at the airport.  Lots of vehicle theft happening...probably one or two a week get stolen, along with property theft out of the vehicles.  The off site secured parking areas will be much safer it appears.  What many people do is just get dropped off and picked up by friends or family if at all possible.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The only thing I will add is that there is a ton of theft at the airport.  Lots of vehicle theft happening...probably one or two a week get stolen, along with property theft out of the vehicles.  The off site secured parking areas will be much safer it appears.  What many people do is just get dropped off and picked up by friends or family if at all possible.
View Quote
Yeah, tried to get a friend of ours to do it, but with the timing of flights leaving here, easier said than done.  People enjoy their sleep for some reason

I'm really liking the look of Alaska Park.  Good price, car warmed up and cleared of snow (when necessary), secure lot.

Appreciate it guys.

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Alaska Park for trips that I know my return date. If I don't have a set return date (slope trip) then I get a ride from either co-workers or taxi and park at my office.

I do have an advantage, that my company gets a discount for Alaska Park as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top