Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2016 6:03:16 PM EDT
I know this has been asked before but with only 30 day limit in search, well, I'm screwed.
Who does Ceracoat in Alaska and opinions of quality of work and contact info.

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I know Dylan at 7.62Precision used to do it or duracoat and did awesome work.  Not sure how he's faring after the whole Mako fiasco on here though.  I imagine there are a couple outfits down in the Anchorage area.

Up here in Fairbanks, we have Interior Coating Experts that do good work, and one or two others, but no names coming off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Phil at Precision Cerakote in Anchorage. He does great work IMO... I've had 3 AR's done by him and every one has been great.

http://www.precisioncerakote.com  and he posts pics of work on his FB page. Phone # 244-4755
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Phil at Precision Cerakote in Anchorage. He does great work IMO... I've had 3 AR's done by him and every one has been great.

http://www.precisioncerakote.com  and he posts pics of work on his FB page. Phone # 244-4755
View Quote

Thanks Swissy,
How about some pictures of those rifles?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]
my glock: (I did the piss poor color fill on lettering)

my 5.56SBR:

my 300BLK SBR:

and he's done an AK, and is doing my 458Socom SBR right now. I told him to go nuts on some camo pattern and have fun with it... can't wait to see what he comes up with. Dunno if you can see it, but on both SBR's I had hime color the upper/lower combos, BUT the picatinny rail was to be left black. You cannot find a wobble in the paint line... it's razor sharp from one end to the other. I also had him do a suppressor mount for my 308LR, and he was not happy with the first, or the second coating. He was trying to match the brushed stainless look of my barrel, and he had 3 versions of Cerakote stainless silver to use.It was the third one that was the  charm, even tho the other 2 were really, really close. He just was not happy, and kept redoing it until HE was happy (I was perfectly OK with the first version).
Anyways, call him if you want something done. I will continue to use him as I think he does quality work. Besides being a factory trained Cerakote guy, I think he just does great work and is a bit of a perfectionist. Which is not a bad thing.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:57:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Bowman Arms in Fairbanks has a ceracoat shop as well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bowman Arms in Fairbanks has a ceracoat shop as well.
View Quote

Yup.  That's Bob and Joe at ICE
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Phil at Precision Cerakote does a great job.

Patriot Brown and Sniper Grey

Another one in Patriot Brown

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Phil at Precision Cerakote does a great job.

Patriot Brown and Sniper Grey
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii172/nschlimgen/20160920_164435.jpg

Another one in Patriot Brown
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii172/nschlimgen/IMG_20160224_173724.jpg

View Quote

WOW! Very nice. How long is the barrel in that shortest SBR?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The sniper grey SBR has a 7.5" 5.56

The 9mm on the bottom has had a few configuration changes to include a 4.5" barrel and handguard that goes over the can a little.  I'm thinking about asking Phil to do it in bazooka green..
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The sniper grey SBR has a 7.5" 5.56

The 9mm on the bottom has had a few configuration changes to include a 4.5" barrel and handguard that goes over the can a little.  I'm thinking about asking Phil to do it in bazooka green..
View Quote

They look great. Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:57:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Btw, if you want to see what colors look like in real life, check out the Cerakote site.  They'll send up to 5 samples out free for you.  They paint them on thin sheet aluminum so you see what they look like as a finished product on metal.

Case in point, I really liked the Tungsten but it really looks more like a metal flake silver in person.  Wanted something darker, but wouldn't have known that till after getting the work done.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Btw, if you want to see what colors look like in real life, check out the Cerakote site.  They'll send up to 5 samples out free for you.  They paint them on thin sheet aluminum so you see what they look like as a finished product on metal.

Case in point, I really liked the Tungsten but it really looks more like a metal flake silver in person.  Wanted something darker, but wouldn't have known that till after getting the work done.  
View Quote
If anyone is in Anchorage, Phil @ Precision Cerakote also has most all the colors coated on knife blades for inspection. I agree with NorthPolar... seeing them in person may change your mind. My 5.56 SBR was done in the Dark Bronze after I decided the Burnt Bronze was not dark enough when I saw it in person. Phil added 25% black to the Burnt and bingo! the perfect color. BTW, edited my post above with the pics... not sure why but the links were broken?

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If anyone is in Anchorage, Phil @ Precision Cerakote also has most all the colors coated on knife blades for inspection. I agree with NorthPolar... seeing them in person may change your mind. My 5.56 SBR was done in the Dark Bronze after I decided the Burnt Bronze was not dark enough when I saw it in person. Phil added 25% black to the Burnt and bingo! the perfect color. BTW, edited my post above with the pics... not sure why but the links were broken?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kind of an awesome display idea.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#14]
EXCELENT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top