Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2016 5:08:31 PM EDT
So if you weren't aware we actually have Appleseed shoots up here in AK. Appleseed is a NONPROFIT American history/marksmanship instruction group that offers easily the lowest priced rifle marksmanship class around with some really neat American history thrown in. Proper use of a sling(it doesn't just hold rifle on your back ), proper positioning of your body for a shot, natural point of aim, sight pictures and slight alignment, as well as other things that I have forgotten.  40 bucks if you are an adult(plus the BRSP range fee), 15 if you are a kid. Active Military, Reserve, and Guard, Police,  are free. Anybody who thinks they are an awesome shot and won't benefit from the class; if you do just as well on the pre test as you do on the final test I'll buy you a soda, IF you lose and you come out a better shot than you started you owe ME a soda.

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=154&id_event=4582
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw this, but was wondering what is covered in just a 1 day class?

Hmm, don't think tech sights for the 10/22 will get here in time either.

Is a center fire ok for the entire thing?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Great program,wonderful group of people. They will cover everything in one day.Many people do it with centerfire.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

You can use center fire(they will put you at the end of the line so your not throwing large hot brass on top of newer shooters), you can also barrow a 10-22 from someone who has tech sights.... or use optics NOT like anyone here MIGHT have several...

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't need Tech Sights. Just shoot the course with something that has any optics or any irons. Standard 10/22 sights are harder to get adjusted, but once they are sighted in you don't have to adjust them again. Or just borrow a gun. But go, shoot, learn.

I will say that going to the Applessed website and getting your sling set up is way more important than the sights. The sling is the system.

And if you think you can get better training, I'll point out that the exact same techniques that Appleseed teaches for the cost of a pizza dinner are the techniques that Alaska Tactical teaches for $500, and Thunder Ranch teaches for $1000 (plus airfare, car rental, hotel, etc). I shot better and faster at Thunder Ranch because I had been through Appleseed.

You'll learn a lot, and you will shoot better.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You can use center fire(they will put you at the end of the line so your not throwing large hot brass on top of newer shooters), you can also barrow a 10-22 from someone who has tech sights.... or use optics NOT like anyone here MIGHT have several...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I've got plenty of rifles too I just wasn't happy with my cheap scope on my 10/22 last time to the range. It will work good for this though.

Was thinking of making my "project" 10/22 into an appleseed rifle first before an ultimate 10/22. (Really just a ploy though to justify to the wife getting another gun)
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh, I've got plenty of rifles too I just wasn't happy with my cheap scope on my 10/22 last time to the range. It will work good for this though.

Was thinking of making my "project" 10/22 into an appleseed rifle first before an ultimate 10/22. (Really just a ploy though to justify to the wife getting another gun)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The girlfriend had issued with my 10-22.. =SO I upgraded it to volkquarten, tacsol, lupold, magpul10-22... I think there is a screw in there somewhere that still is factory original....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top